PC Card interface for home PC?

1 view

mr.s...@gmail.com

May 2, 2007, 9:42:21 PM5/2/07
Is there such a thing as a PC card interface that would plug in to a
PCI slot? I am thinking about going completely wireless at home and
using one of the PC cards that normally plugs into a laptop, but using
it in a home PC.

Jeff Jonas

May 6, 2007, 1:38:41 AM5/6/07
>Is there such a thing as a PC card interface that would plug in to a
>PCI slot?

Yes, some have the slot in the rear using the card's bracket,
some have cabling to use a front-bay-slot.
Here's one:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=I-310
--

-- mejeep deMeep ferret!

conan

May 13, 2007, 5:47:03 AM5/13/07
For you purpose, you better buy a new PCI wireless card .

<mr.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mike Y

May 30, 2007, 6:47:47 PM5/30/07
There's a number of them out there. I think you can find them on Tiger
as well as other sites.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2984821&sku=M501-1306

$30

here's even cheaper

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1042026&CatId=109

tim majoch

Apr 26, 2009, 1:25:11 AM4/26/09
I'm lying in bed with my new acer aspire on my chest now so can't easily
get to my hardware storage to give you the mfr name, but there are pci cards
with at least cardbus slots [maybe 16bit compatible also, but don''t know
f'sure]that should work for your application - I got one a yr or so ago for
the same reason, but why not just use a cheaper usb wireless adapter
instead?? - I couldn't at the time as my tower usb ports were covered up by
sheet metal knockouts that I overlooked when I assembled the PC and now that
a stroke has nicely relieved me of the use of my left arm, it's almost
impossible to correct these past oversights!! [bang my head on the wall-
stupid, right?] fry's here
http://shop4.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=usb+wireless&cat=0&submit.x=8&submit.y=13
has a bunch of those.