Bare Bottom Spanking in Public?

Diva49Princess51

Nov 17, 2001, 11:42:49 PM11/17/01
Hello.... I was wondering what you all think about bare bottom spankings? My
husband and I are firmly believe in spanking our little ones, a 5 year old boy,
a 3 1/2 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old girl. They have a tendancy to act up,
especially in places like the toy isle at Walmart, or in McDonalds when they
want want want everything. I used to think it was not a good idea to bare
bottom spank there in public, but if they don't have a bare bottom spanking,
they don't think they are in as much trouble. Allow me to give you an example.

Yesterday we were at Walmart. Lauran (2 1/2) kicked me while I was changing her
diaper in the bathroom. She got her bare bottom spanked and she got the point
to behave and I put her pants back on. But when we got back out into the store
and my husband found out she had been spanked, he said she was a bad girl and
took her pants off and made her sit in the cart with no pants on, just her
shirt. He Joey (3 1/2) threw a tantrum in the toy isle. My husband pulled down
his pants and spanked his bare bottom and then proceeded to carry him around
with no pants on and when someone asked, he said that Joey was a naughty boy
and needed a spanking and that he thought everyone should see his naughty
bottom. I didn't think this was appropriate for our 5 year old, Tristan, who
got his pants pulled down to his undies and spanked, in the parking lot when he
tried to run off, but he didn't think it was a "real" punishment. So by the
time we got home, Lauran and Joey had no pants on and Tristan has just undies
on.

My husband thought Tristan should have gotten his pants taken off too and had
to walk around without them. I didn't enforce it because we were on the way
home anyway. My husband is adamant about "naughty bottoms" being seen when the
kids are naughty and as soon as we got home, he took Tristan's pants off too.
It is common in our house to have three naked bottoms walking around, but in
public, do you think it is appropriate to have nude bottoms and little penises
showing? I don't want to bring it up to my husband because he is adament about
it.

Neal Feldman

Nov 18, 2001, 1:09:16 AM11/18/01
I personally see no need for such, as it needlessly enters the sexual aspect into
the equation.

Also past puberty it would effectively be illegal to do so in virtually every
state.

I can just see someone trying to defend taking their 34C-23-32 15 yr old daughter,
having her strip, and lay across the father's lap as he spanked her with his hands
and held her there.

Sorry, but even if done entirely innocently most people would not see it that way.

It would be a stupid situation to put yourself into.

Diva49Princess51 wrote:

Home Page: http://members.home.net/silverstorm/

We will never rest until Gestapo CPS is completely abolished!

Gerard

Nov 18, 2001, 4:59:04 PM11/18/01
On 18 Nov 2001 04:42:49 GMT, diva49pr...@aol.com
(Diva49Princess51) wrote:

>Hello.... I was wondering what you all think about bare bottom spankings? My
>husband and I are firmly believe in spanking our little ones, a 5 year old boy,
>a 3 1/2 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old girl.

Personally I think 2 1/2 year olds and 3 1/2 year olds are to young
for this kind of correction, they are hardly able to recognize the
situation or have any notion as to how they can prevent being spanked.
And I think that's needed for a spanking to have a proper somewhat
longer lasting effect. Spanking those little ones then looks a bit too
harsh to me. The 5 year old, well, that's the difficult age to me -:)

>They have a tendancy to act up,
>especially in places like the toy isle at Walmart, or in McDonalds when they
>want want want everything. I used to think it was not a good idea to bare
>bottom spank there in public, but if they don't have a bare bottom spanking,
>they don't think they are in as much trouble.

In public? I don' think that is a good idea. Of course, the odd smack
might clear things up sometimes (and sometimes it will not, just like
a more severe spanking will not always work). But an actual spanking
with all the rituals to it is a matter between parent and child,
nobody else. By doing it in public you make it a matter of anybody
else, like anything you do in public.
But if you choose to really go public with it, who am I to stop you?
-:)

Still, I think it's better to find a place then where you can be in
private with your children to make clear one way or the other that
this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. And if that means that it can
only be done at home, then so be it.

>Allow me to give you an example.
>
>Yesterday we were at Walmart. Lauran (2 1/2) kicked me while I was changing her
>diaper in the bathroom. She got her bare bottom spanked and she got the point
>to behave and I put her pants back on. But when we got back out into the store
>and my husband found out she had been spanked, he said she was a bad girl and
>took her pants off and made her sit in the cart with no pants on, just her
>shirt. He Joey (3 1/2) threw a tantrum in the toy isle. My husband pulled down
>his pants and spanked his bare bottom and then proceeded to carry him around
>with no pants on and when someone asked, he said that Joey was a naughty boy
>and needed a spanking and that he thought everyone should see his naughty
>bottom. I didn't think this was appropriate for our 5 year old, Tristan, who
>got his pants pulled down to his undies and spanked, in the parking lot when he
>tried to run off, but he didn't think it was a "real" punishment. So by the
>time we got home, Lauran and Joey had no pants on and Tristan has just undies
>on.
>
>My husband thought Tristan should have gotten his pants taken off too and had
>to walk around without them. I didn't enforce it because we were on the way
>home anyway. My husband is adamant about "naughty bottoms" being seen when the
>kids are naughty and as soon as we got home, he took Tristan's pants off too.
>It is common in our house to have three naked bottoms walking around, but in
>public, do you think it is appropriate to have nude bottoms and little penises
>showing? I don't want to bring it up to my husband because he is adament about
>it.

Ok, for what it's worth: I disapprove of it.
First of all: you might run into one or the other police officer who
might book or arrest you for indecent exposure of children. Well, I
don't know exactly how it works in the USA, but I do know that's how
it works over here in The Netherlands and I don't think it's entirely
different in the States. If anybody knows the laws on this point,
speak up.
Second, "exposing naughty bottoms" to me comes very close to some kind
of fetisjism. If your husband is so adament of it than I sincerely
wonder if he is doing it to correct his childrens behaviour or just to
fullfill certain needs (not necessarily sexual, perhaps some "power
hungriness"?). I know this doesn't sound nice, but I'm just trying to
be open and honest about it. Honestly, it gives me the creeps.

Finally, I can't help it, I have to type it down.
Aren't you over-reacting a little bit in your "pro-spanking beliefs"?
Is the respect your kids show to you or your husband really that low
that you need to humiliate it again and again (even in public) to get
at least the obedience you want? Or do you expect children of the ages
yours are in to understand exactly already what you ask of them in any
situation? I mean, after all, you have at least 11-12 years (and if
you do it well even more than that) to bring the kids up properly. Why
all the impatience? Plus when applied too often, spankings won't work
(and that's my own experience from my youth). Don't let a pro-spanking
belief get in the way of trying other methods as an option as well.
It's better to be able to choose from a lot of options then to put it
all on one card. The way you describe the proceedings in your family
makes me think that that is not really considered yet by (at least)
your husband and (maybe) by you.

Oh well, for what's worth it, that's my opinion. If I misinterpret
what you wrote or offended you, my apologies. But anyway, you asked
for an opinion and I think mine is as good as other ones.

Gerard.

Confederate4ver

Nov 18, 2001, 7:10:30 PM11/18/01
with all due respect-if i saw someone strip their child in public and begin
hitting them i would intervene quite harshly-to put it politeley-you may wish
to consider the possibility of others reactions before you practice this.you
could turn from the hitter to the hittee quite quickly.

T_Miche...@webtv.net

Nov 19, 2001, 7:40:58 PM11/19/01
I also agree. First of all...spanking is a last resort. If you have
tried everything else, and can not think of any other way to deal with
it, then resprt to spanking. As a child it was used as the top
punishment in my house. I became oblivious tot he point of, I told my
dad it didn't hurt, and it reallydidn't hurt. The feeling becomes less
painfull as you get older, to more embarassing, anyhow. Also, on
stripping your kids.....Do you honestly think this is a good way to
teach them? Taking away their dignity. JMO, but when they disrespect
you, do they take away your dignity and embarass you? Okay, I admitt,
having a child who is mis-behaving in a store, is real embarassing. On
another note, most people expect something like that from a child. I'm
not pointing fingers, I know I'm not the best child-rearing person in
the world, but I don't think it's right to teach your children to be
ambarassed about his/her body. Yes, you should teach them the dgnity to
keep their clothes on, but, teaching them that their bodies are
shamefull, well, that is a one way perscription to low self esteem. And
by about age four, children begin to distinguish the difference between
girls and boys. This means you have one child who already has, and
another who is begining to notice those sorts of things. Ask your three
and four year olds if they are girls or boys. If they give you the
wrong answer, then, in any way, you know them better than me. But, if
they wrinkle their nose and say, "I'm a boy." That's a good indication
that they have noticed by far the difference. Also, as confederate
said, Be very carefull about even spanking in public. Punishment in the
home, is your business, but when you choose to bring it public, you are
playing a whole new ballgame. I'm not saying that bare bottom spanking
is horrible, and inide of a ladies room, or men's room is a better place
than none. But try to not do it in front of people, it tends to upset
people. The whole running around the store with no pants on is
degrading. I'm not pointing fingers, but, if you told your husband off
in the middle of the store, and he demanded you to take your pants off
and walk around like that....would you? And obviously you wouldn't let
him spank you, but I think that forcing them to show their "private
areas" off in public will create psycological damage to them. If you
teach them this, then who's to say at school when a teacher just "takes
their bottoms off" they don't see this as wrong, they just figure they
were bad? You certainly wouldn't want a babysitter or teacher, whoever
to take your child's pants off and molest them, or take pictures, would
you? Also, be very carefull about this, because if they say something
to their teacher, not knowing, they may say, "Mommy and daddy make me
walk around naked cause I'm a bad boy, and bad bottoms have to be
exposed for everyone to see." Now you have a very big lawsuit and you
face prison time. You should seriously consider these things into play
when your husband does this.

http://community.webtv.net/T_Michelle2000/Justfor

observer

Nov 19, 2001, 9:10:19 PM11/19/01
"I'm not saying that bare bottom spanking is horrible . . . But try to not do it
in front of people, it tends to upset . . . . "

This is probably a common attitude among Americans and servers to explain why
spanking will not disappear any time soon from the typical American home.

edfi...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2020, 2:52:55 PM3/5/20
Look folks

Kids need to be spanked

Period

If they aren't they wind up being horrible people

Need to learn their place

debra mondo

Sep 13, 2021, 5:50:32 PM9/13/21
This is so wrong. You should get arrested for children sexual abuse.

debra mondo

Oct 7, 2021, 1:55:42 AM10/7/21
You are so right Deb

Maddie Hatter

Dec 2, 2023, 2:56:28 PM12/2/23
When I was younger, if I acted up in public, Mom would lift up the back of my skirt and give me a few quick hand swats. No one usually noticed but at the time I was convinced everyone saw it and was so embarrassed. It also meant that I would be getting a spanking when we got home... and that home spanking was on my bare bottom.