National Potato Day

David Dalton

Aug 19, 2022, 4:57:33 PM8/19/22
Happy National Potato Day (August 19, in both Canada and
The United States)!

Seamus Heaney Reads His Poem, 'Digging' - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRkPU1LSUg

Seamus used a pen while his father and grandfather
used a spade, but I have been using both pen/notebook,
computer, and, since I have been tending my ill brother's
potato garden this year, also a spade.

łAnd the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)

David Dalton

Aug 21, 2022, 5:37:05 PM8/21/22
In article
<dalton.nfld-8F15...@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Dalton <dalto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Happy National Potato Day (August 19, in both Canada and
> The United States)!
>
> Seamus Heaney Reads His Poem, 'Digging' - YouTube
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRkPU1LSUg
>
> Seamus used a pen while his father and grandfather
> used a spade, but I have been using both pen/notebook,
> computer, and, since I have been tending my ill brother's
> potato garden this year, also a spade.

I guess it was Poet-ato Day. :-)