Move over Bell Witch; Tennessee has got another one comming

moronsbegone

Jun 19, 2011, 3:42:56 PM6/19/11
When in the Usenet I don't give a crap about copyright, if I
fuck up, so what, I am tired of posts that send me to a
website after one measly line of text. Fuck the NIAA/WMG and
all that faggy crap, political correct people should stay out
of the Usenet and marry their wimpy censored www websites
controlled by the fags in government in Washington.
So though the website is listed if you don't like links, most
the info is cut and pasted here;

Quote from "diabloknight" ' Located in Roan Mountain,
Tennessee, just west of Asheville, NC, lies the Dark Hollow
Cemetery. For years many people have reported seeing, hearing,
and feeling a presence late at night. Could it be the ghost of
Delinda trying to evade an angry mob or is it something else?'
The website as of June-19-2011 is here:
< http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Great-American-Haunting-Dark-
Hollow-Cemetary>
This intrigued me as another potential to be similar in
haunting as The Bell Witch story.
However what makes it spooky is what it doesn't do, No green
puke and levitation slap sessions hear just an eerie presents
of a Graveyard on the old site of what once was Victoria
Carter's home [The bad? girl in the story].
Some called her a girl of the night, others called her a
witch.
She has ruined many happy marriages due to her indulgence of
sexual freedom.
The story seemed like any other small town legend but what
makes me shiver are the towns people leaving comments on it.
When that happens one realizes that hey,
These are real people with real grandfathers and grand mothers
tell of the same tale accept they where their when Victoria
was set up and possibly murdered.
The clincher here is that everyone involved could possably be
a legal accessory to murder one. So the people still alive
today that know what happended will not risk jail and legal
battles so they clam up. The story ends with Victoria running
away and disappearing, some say she was buried with a suitor
and when the story is told by someone "Not involved at the
time" it ends with Tar and feathering and burning of Victoria,
Why do I tend to believe the latter? It's simple, check out
the webpage and notice the reaction diabloknight got when
talking to the 'commenter's' posting their side of the story
told by their relatives; some who are still living with us.
Cover up and guilt become obvious.
Seems as though the real haunt is in the souls/ hearts of the
living guilty of involvement or guilty by reason of "Not
talking". All we need is one of them on their death bed
willing to make a confession to right with the spirit world
and purify themselves by the confession. There's a real
stinker here in this story and unlike the Bell Witch, this
legend is young enough to have 'First Persons involved' living
amongst us.
I am a believer in "Posting Content" here in the forum body
and hate cold links to a website with only one sentence of
typing directing me to do so.
Some of you do not trust webpage directions and for a good
reason, some do not trust PDF files or attachments of any
kind, so I will cover this with one swack of a post.
Here is a [cut and paste] of some of the text from the
hubpages.com.
A Great American Haunting: Dark Hollow Cemetery

Diabloknight "This is a little piece of East Tennessee
folklore. No one can say whether or not these events happened,
but every legend starts with a piece of truth.
Located in Roan Mountain, Tennessee, just west of Asheville,
NC, lies the Dark Hollow Cemetery. For years many people have
reported seeing, hearing, and feeling a presence late at
night. Could it be the ghost of Delinda trying to evade an
angry mob or is it something else?
Legend states that in the early 1900's a woman by the name of
Delinda had several affairs with married men across the area.
She wasn't really an attractive woman, but that didn't stop
the men from coming around. Delinda fell very ill, as did her
gentlemen callers, and a local pastor told the wives of these
men that this had to stop. The wives took matters into their
own hands and formed a mob and were heading to Delinda's home
to possibly hurt her, if not worse, but Delinda escaped
without harm while the angry wives felt that they had scared
her enough to cause her to not come around again. Oddly enough
that was the last time anyone seen her alive. Another odd
piece of the legend is that her favorite lover, a married man
named Janken's, was murdered with a gun shot wound to the
chest.
Was this an angry wife taking her aggression out on her
husband, suicide, or possibly Delinda sending a message to the
wives that it was a mistake to show up at her home?"

(ME)' Remember at first the name was Delinda some claim was
changed to cover everyone's tracks here from snoopy lawmen.
Even her appearance was lied about to assist in the cover up.
The real character was gorgeous and blond, an Anglo's
kryptonite. On with more diabloknight's writings�.

Diabloknight: No one will never really know as there are
holes that cannot be filled without anyone from the area
really willing to open up about the stories that they heard
growing up.
It is said that Delinda's home was tore down and became what
is Dark Hollow Cemetary today. This would make sense
considering many people have reported seeing someone running
through the cemetery in a hurry and disappearing before they
reach the wooded area behind the cemetery. Is this Delinda
making her escape? Perhaps. One young couple was walking home
one night after their car broke down on Dark Hollow Road. As
they walked past the cemetary they both heard fast and heavy
footsteps and the woman felt something brush against her
shoulder as the footsteps faded into the night.
This is the most common story and most consistent that I've
heard. Although I've heard many variations of the story over
the last decade, one almost being along the lines of Bloody
Mary. Which story could possibly be true? I guess nobody will
ever know. This story is on my list to further investigate and
I will post updates once I find something.
End quotes from Diabloknight.

Now here is where I get the feeling that something has
happened and is in the amiss in this town, These are some of
the commentaries from the town folks and it becomes obvious
the closer to the question of a murder these people get to;
The sudden agitation
Of the living elderly becomes prevalent as though they made a
Klannish pact with each other to never tell.

-------------------COMMENTARIES----------------------------

dvargas76 2 years ago
Just letting you know, her name was not Delinda, it was
Victoria Carter, she was blonde haired, beautiful, and blue
eyed. My grandfather and uncle knew her very well. It was a
large group of the Roan Mountain women that led to her demise.
Victoria was killed, tarred and feathered, and stuffed in a
hollow tree on that cemetary. Several days later after fearing
that the police would locate the body, the same women trekked
back and moved her body to the boards under a church located
in the area. The basement doors and windows were
bricked/rocked up. I personally believe that is where her body
is still located. There are some still alive that can be
questioned, but may not have had direct involvement and they
would never admit to everything that happened or relinquish
the direct people involved. This community is close knit, they
fight amongst each other, but when backed against a wall, they
will become clannish and fight for each other.
Victoria was "supposedly" having affairs, she had taken up odd
jobs in the women's homes and their husbands found her
attractive. Her virtue became questioned when the men came up
with VD "sexually transmitted diseases."

diabloknight 2 years ago
Hello Dvargas, thanks for the comment and shedding new light
on the investigation. Although the hundreds of stories that
have been told to me have referred to her as Delinda and that
she was very unattractive could be a small cover up made by
the angry wives to erase her from the history books. Thanks
again for the information as it gives me another direction to
go in to find answers. If she is buried inside a church, I now
believe it to be St Thomas Apiscople church, considering a
blond haired aparition wandering around the church on
occasion.
You're welcome for the info. My grandfather was born in 1912
and from what I can piece together, he said he was a boy of
about 12 - 14 when he first saw Victoria. She came to
DVargas 2 years ago

Roan Mountain on the back of a wagon and never mentioned where
she came from or her family. My grandfather said that she was
extremely beautiful, her hair was silvery blonde, and she had
bright blue eyes. He said she had good clothing, like she came
from a wealthy family. He said she was young, probably about
17 - 18. He said his older brother liked her very much, he was
about 16 at the time, but she wouldn't show him the time of
day.
There was a police investigation about her disappearance,
lives were threatened, people were hushed. Most of the people
that were directly involved are probably dead by now, but
their children may know what happened or who ultimately
planned her murder. They had considered her a witch of some
sort. The police department (I'm assuming Carter County) had
relatives of the people in that area. I'm sure if you could
research the courthouse as that is public record in the 30's
you will probably find some record on her, how much I wouldn't
know, but there has to be something. I've pondered it myself.
You might want to look up a group called the Seven Devils as
well. Again, I had family involved in that altercation as
well. I guess we were a stubborn group of people. I long ago
left Roan Mountain and moved to Washington DC for a while and
just recently moved back to Jonesborough, the cultural
affluences did me some good.

mrskritter 2 years ago
Great Job on the story ,I have been to this Cemetary a few
times with friends ,we have seen a women running across the
graveyard ,a ghost dog and a small child playing,the last time
we went we didn't see anything but when I checked the video
there was a strange sound almost like the ticking of a clock.
Alannah 2 years ago
Do you know the exact day she died..?? I'm doing research for
school and need some informatin on when she died and what
year?

Lexy 23 months ago
I am recently doing research on Victoria Carter.. I spoke to
someone from Roan Mountain whos family was familiar with
Victoria. I was told she was indeed Blonde Hair, Blue eyed and
very pretty. I was told she came from Virginia and settled in
Roan Montain after the deaths of her parents... It is said
that she was invited to a party at a house on dark hollow
below the cemetary were a bunch of jeaolous girls had invited
her.
That night she was the guest of honor because she was tarred,
feathered and barried some were behind cemetary.. I recently
visited the house were the murder took place.. I gathered
multiple EVPs..saying Help me! Help me get out of here. In a
womens voice.. I also got a males voice on evp at the barn
above the house saying take the girl back!!!! I am doing this
research because I feel Victoria is not at peace... Spirits
need the proper barrial to be at peace... Lets help Victoria
get that....
Help Victoria 22 months ago
Lexy I am part of a group in Roan Mountain that is currently
investigating Victoria's Death. Our interest was spiked when
it seemed some of our family members knew a little too much.
This has been one of our on going projects. If you would like
more information you can contact me at *****@aol.com.
Wendyloohoo 21 months ago
I have grown up hearing this story.I was always told my great
grandmother was walking to school the day after the
incident.The school children found bundles of switches and
hair combs next to the cemetary. Also the cemetary was there
when the incident occured.The church where he body is supposed
to be is off of Sugar Hollow Rd.Trust me on this,I have been
studying this story since elementary school,getting answers is
tough.The locals that were alive during the time will only
answer so much,then they get very agitated and won't reveal
anything else.I have also heard of people being threatned for
looking into.Btw help Victoria ,I would love to join your
group,I will send you a email.
Khristina Cardwell 10 months ago
I have lived on Dark Hollow Road my entire life and honestly
what you have is "Somewhat" the truth but the story goes
(because those involved are now dead an buried (a couple of
which are in the Birchfield Cemetary) the one in the picture.
Her name was Victoria Carter. She was a prostitute who came to
this area on Tweetsie. She being a woman of the night had what
women in this area & time called the "bad woman's disease"
which my grandmother told me was nothing more than the clap.
Ms. Carter was invited to Sugar Hollow by the wifes of the
husbans she'd slept with under the ruse of a "corn shucking"
as an attempt to shed her "bad" name. The husbands under the
instuctions of their wives followed her because at the time
Dark hollow was nothing more than a foot path to the next
road. When she got about half way across they ambushed her.
There deep in the woods she was tarred & feathed & burned
alive. The legend goes that her ghost still haunts this
road..which is absured. I live in the mobile home directly
adjacent from the cemetary and there has been no "other
worldly" in my home.
-----------------End Of Comments------------------------
There is more but this should give you an idea of the flavor
of the haunt.
Typicly the peole living right next to the grave do not seem
to be bothered by spiritual activity, seems as though most of
that stuff happens to "Guest" visitors.
But notice on this last coment above the term most these peole
are dead, But then she turns around and claims her Grandmother
knew quite a bit about this story.
She knew it was the CLAP that Victoria was spreading to the
town folk, so what else did she know? These old people are
keeping their secrets it seems, I smell a real stinker here.

< http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Great-American-Haunting-Dark-
Hollow-Cemetary>

For pics and original report.