merry xmas &ct to ufo folks

1 view

MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com

Dec 24, 2022, 10:24:40 PM12/24/22
Just a short note today. Short for me, anyway.

It's Xmas day here in rural Victoria with temps a balmy 35C after a
week or 2 of Antarctic hurricanes and drenching rain.

I note the NUFORC folks have managed to pull an all-nighter or 2 and
uploaded the sighting data up until around Dec 22.

While numbers will continue coming in, hopefully forever :), that puts
2022 well down in the list of UFO activity that according to my
programs now looks like:

Year Number of UFO reports
(NUFORC as at 22 Dec 2022).
2014 8552
2012 8022
2013 7711
2020 7019
2015 6790
2016 5588
2019 5555
2011 5555
2008 5221
2017 4977
2009 4890
2010 4715
2007 4661
2022 4655 <-- =16th with 2007
2006 3393
2018 3206
2021 2790

Hard to believe the "active years" see twice as many reports. It's
been a busy year for me, at least watching little lights and sometimes
what appear to be "non military" patrolling aircraft match wits in my
part of the sky. Usually it's all very low key with aircraft in this
part of the sky watching a little light moving in *that* part of the
sky, neither side formally acknowledging the other is there.

But a couple days back for the first time I've seen a big yellow orb
seemed to bluff out a large prop aircraft that has seemingly been
headed toward the orb at reasonable closing speed. It seems the 2 were
at a similar alt -- about 400m judging by the apparent size of the
aircraft -- and at an angular sep of only 5 deg or so the aircraft did
a 180 out of the area.

The action didn't let up for Xmas Eve. With more than a dozen lights
seen last night and early morning. As usual 1/2 the lights might have
been satellites. But the other half were either racing faster than
even a LEO sat should go (i.e. take about 10 sec to cross a
finger-width) or were curving so they appeared to orbit the S Pole
(e.g. come in from SE curve and go out SW) or were plain going the
wrong way (i.e. orbiting from E to W). There are also quibbles over
the brightness of some of the objects. I'm not sure it's normal for an
obj to appear as bright or brighter than Sirius from one horiz to
another. I suspect not. :)

I'm hoping to catch a few more lights tonight with a couple friends
coming over. Hopefully, one of them will bring binocs. I haven't told
them we'll be out back looking at the sky 1/2 the night. ;)
Sun is apparently a great day for looking at the sky.

Looking at the NUFORC data since 2006 (when AFAIK reporting standards
changed a bit and became harder to compare with the pre-2006 data) we
can cook up a list of which days of the week are apparently more
active than other days.

We can look at e.g. the MADAR data. The MADAR network is a group of
about 100 "robot" stations that report magnetic anomalies across the
US. Previous tests show they have a pretty good correlation with all
types of actual UFO sightings. And, being robots, they give a 2nd set
of eyes (cough) on the data.

So breaking down the MADAR sightings by DOW we find:

DOW Number MADAR sightings
(Sun==1)
1 218
7 186
6 169
5 168
3 162
2 159
4 151

I.e. according to the MADAR Sun may be the best day to spot a UFO
given that's when the compass needles across the US tend to twitch
most. Definitely it seems Fri, Sat and Sun are good times to look.
And it can't be just because people tend to go to Fri parties and
watch the sky more then. MADAR doesn't AFAIK drink.

A 2nd way of looking at the days of weeks it to break sightings down
by e.g. object shape, rank days of week by count for each shape, then
calculate an "average rank" for each day of week. This should be much
more accurate that simply looking at counts for one object type (as
above) or even ranks for DOW for all sightings.

If we do the clever thing we get:

DOW Average Rank across all UFO shapes
7 1.25
6 2.875
1 3.08333
5 4.54167
4 4.95833
3 5.33333
2 5.95833

So, again, Fri, Sat, Sun are in the top 3 ranks and should be the best
for view of "any" UFO type.

We can say the 2 different methods pretty much agree which days are
best and which days are (cough) less best.

So the small gathering tonight should have some prospect of seeing
something, presuming the weather holds and we don't drink too much
beforehand.

And not to forget the New Year. It seems after earth passes its
perihelion in early Jan, the early months of the year tend to see more
activity than the later months. At least the MADAR sightings look like:

Month MADAR sightings
(Jan==1)
5 166 xxx best months
4 157 xxx
1 153 xxx (Perihelion day 2023 is 4 Jan).
2 130 xxx
3 130 xxx
6 101
9 99
8 95
7 67
10 64
11 44
12 7

As for the rest of you, season's greetings and happy holidays and
whatever other catchphrases are appropriate. Thanks for all the hard
grind from the folks at MUFON, Black Vault, NUFORC, and various TV
shows I've sampled through the year. Keep up the good work. And a
little sommin sommin similar for the readers of these groups both now
and into the future. I know these things can tend to stick around for
decades.

Maybe from where you are now the Pentagon has finally come clean about
what they have suspected and/or known for decades if not longer.
Lucky you! But OTOH lucky us who get to try and figure it all out.

--
Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports
Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity

Flying saucers in France: A history of UFO sightings
Complete France, 22 Dec 2022
The truth is out there somewhere, but only the French are still
searching for it - the French state even has a team of UFO ...

Orb-like UFOs spotted `flying in formation' over US countryside in
videos taken miles apart sparking police probe
The Sun, 20 Dec 2022 09:58Z
ORB-LIKE UFOs have been spotted "flying in formation" over the US
countryside miles apart - reportedly sparking a police probe. Footage
showed mysterious bright white lights ...

DoD Reveals Pentagon Is Investigating 'Hundreds' Of UFO's Displaying
'Interesting Flight Dynamics'
radaronline, 18 Dec 2022 0:17Z
Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick added they've been working with the Federal
Aviation Administration, NASA and others on the study.

Pentagon has received 'several hundreds' of UFO reports, none of
extraterrestrial origin so far
Fox News, 17 Dec 2022 18:35Z
Officials with the Pentagon's All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office told
reporters on Fri that the office had received "several hundreds" of
new reports...

`Several hundred' UFO reports received by Pentagon's new tracking office
Republic World, 17 Dec 2022 09:28Z
A new Pentagon office has been set up to track reports on unidentified
flying objects (UFOs) and has received "several hundreds" of new
reports.
[Some reports involve UFO's seen "in space"].

"The Phenomenon appears to be REAL" - UAPx
The Portugal News, 13 Dec 2022
The Science Team at UAP expeditions released the results from their
investigation into the UFO hotspot off the coast of San Diego. The movie
"A Tear in the Sky" documents their first UFO expedition. ...
"The Phenomenon" is a term that has come to describe the whole topic of
unexplainable anomalies. "UFO" only includes an object. It doesn't include
all the "high strangeness" of cattle mutilations, abductions, telepathic
communication, aliens, time travel, ...

Gigantic UFO Hovers Over Central Florida Following Loud Boom
MITechNews, 10 Dec 2022 21:44Z
As a direct result of social media and the prevalence of cellphone
cameras, we're seeing more and more videos of supposed UFOs. Recently,
a woman in the...

[One of our UFO reports has gone missing!]
Proxy War Between Skeptics, Believers Could Be Delaying UFO Report
Newsmax, 08 Dec 2022
The Pentagon's latest assessment about the UFO phenomenon - originally
due to Congress by Halloween - reportedly has yet to arrive on Capitol
Hill,...

The Strange Case of the ODNI's Missing UAP Report
The Debrief, 24 Nov 2022 15:26Z
In this Thanksgiving installment of The Intelligence Brief, we look
at the latest on a "missing" UAP report set to be delivered last month.

On Halloween, NASA and intelligence agencies looking at UFOs seem to be
gearing up to play them down
NBC News, 04 Nov 2022
On Halloween, NASA and intelligence agencies looking at UFOs, or UAPs, seem
to be gearing up to play them down.