Bases for an Origin

Jon G.

Aug 31, 2008, 8:28:02 PM8/31/08
Any origin is never an infinitesimal point, but a sphere of small radius
that forms a basis for measurement. When the radius is small, the sphere
approximates an infinitesimal point, and measurements from either the inner
or outer surface of the sphere are the same. For a sphere of large radius,
events are measured from either the inner or outer surface of the sphere, as
well. Consequently, inverted space is the same reality as noninverted
space, as I demonstrate with the mathematics at my web page,

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jon8338/math/id18.html

fishfry

Aug 31, 2008, 9:47:57 PM8/31/08
In article <i4ydnXskRO_upCbV...@earthlink.com>,
"Jon G." <jon...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Any origin is never an infinitesimal point, but a sphere of small radius
> that forms a basis for measurement. When the radius is small, the sphere
> approximates an infinitesimal point, and measurements from either the inner
> or outer surface of the sphere are the same.

Stop right there and explain, please. What do you mean by the outer and
inner surface? The surface of a sphere has no thickness.

If you're thinking of a sphere made, say, out of physical material, so
that it has some thickness, then the outer and inner surface area are
ALWAYS a little different, regardless of how small the radius gets.

You have to explain what you mean.

Ron Ford

Sep 3, 2008, 2:24:01 AM9/3/08
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:47:57 -0700, fishfry posted:

Es is alles quatsch, was er anglisiert.

Mit den Texanern haben die Amis ausreichend Doffheit fuer eine Sprache.

You're the george bush of de.sci.math.
--
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to
the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his