An experience to share

1 view

Author of The Hidden Truth

Jun 2, 2012, 5:15:35 AM6/2/12
When I was writing, The Hidden Truth: A logical path through
compelling evidence to discover the nature of reality and the meaning
of life, the topics I had intended to cover changed as I better
understood the complexity of the goal I was striving to achieve. Some
esoteric topics dropped out, and some other areas I had originally
considered to be “too esoteric” were later reconsidered and eventually
found to be essential to my final thesis. The topic of channeling and
spirit communications would fall under the latter category.

I considered the topic to be very fun reading as I had conducted my
ten-year research project that eventually led to the development of my
book. The area in which I was conflicted, however, was the question
of whether the topic could be presented in a sufficiently scientific
light so that I could do justice to the genre as a valid means of
receiving higher-level knowledge without seeming to pander. I knew
there was important information available from the genre for my book’s
goal, but I did not want that information to be dismissed out-of-hand
by a closed-minded skeptic simply because I had failed to present
enough hard evidence to take the field seriously. Despite ten years
of research, I initially felt inadequate to the task. And so, I asked
for guidance during meditation.

I’ll have to admit here, I have no (as far as I know) ability to
channel divine knowledge from the other side and while I have
experienced inspiration as all humans have, and some small level of
premonition from time-to-time, I would not consider myself to be
sensitive to these arts. Still, compared to the other eight chapters
in my book (1-7, & 10), chapters 8 and 9, which discussed spiritual
guidance received from channeling, were inexplicably the fastest and
easiest to write. Let me describe my process a little further.

I would sit down at my computer, allow myself to relax and asked God/
the universe for assistance in the task facing me. The assistance was
not for myself. The assistance was so that I could pass along a
message that would be considered to be valid, even by skeptics, so the
topic needed scientific backing, smart word choices, and keen insight
on the genre that was likely more than I could bring on my own
accord. For the next few hours, during each day I worked on these two
chapters, I basically ‘zoned out’ as I typed. The words that flowed
were, in my opinion, more eloquent than I was normally capable of
producing on my own, and the topics were covered with sufficient
scientific detail as I had hoped. It almost seemed as if I woke up at
the end of the typing sessions and wondered how I had produced the
work that lay before me. I cannot say that I can channel spiritual
knowledge or engage in automatic writing, but something odd certainly
occurred as I typed those two chapters.

I’d be interested in hearing the readers’ opinions of this
experience. Could it be a valid, first-hand channeling experience, or
was it simply a self-induced hypnotic trance that allowed me to
achieve that which I had convinced myself I needed for the purpose
before me? Interested readers are invited to peruse for free the
first five chapters of my book at www.thehiddentruth.us to see my
writing style and understand the high level of scientific proof I had
demanded of myself in this work. As soon as it is published,
approximately at the beginning of autumn 2012, I would be interested
in hearing as well if the readers would agree that those two chapters
(8-9) are qualitatively different (better or otherwise) than the rest
of the book. It was certainly an interesting first-hand experience,
and has made me curious about exploring future opportunities to reach
out to the other side.

Wade, Author of The Hidden Truth at www.thehiddentruth.us