UFO Debunkers: A Dangerous "Cult" or Super Patriots?/ The History of UFO Debunking!

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.

Apr 2, 2013, 12:32:59 PM4/2/13
UFO Debunkers: A Dangerous "Cult" or Super Patriots?/ The History of
UFO Debunking!

The standing joke among UFO circles is for every 200 UFO
sightings, the Air Force can explain away 201. The possibility that
our Government might withhold or distort information about UFOs might
seem farfetched, until you read the mountains of evidence compiled
from the Government's own files. Evidence that strongly suggests a
cover-up. The U.S. Military first started seeing UFOs in World War
II, pilots called them "Foo Fighters." We thought they were a German
secret weapon, the German's thought they were ours. An explosion of
civilian sightings in 1947 caught the military by surprise. Top
secret investigations were begun. A joint study by the FBI and Army
concluded, "The flying saucer situation is not all imaginary,
something is really flying around." That report was kept secret until
1976.

Most early UFO sightings were made by eyewitnesses and not
radar. In New Mexico, over a two year period, dozens of people
reported seeing green fire-balls over sensitive military
installations. But when radar and cameras were dispatched to those
installations, the fire-balls mysteriously shifted someplace else. A
1949 study by scientists at Los Alamos Lab stated, "The fireballs
deserve serious consideration.".

Some have suggested that the saucer craze of the 1940's and
1950's was a by-product of Cold War tensions and fears. Both the U.S.
and the U.S.S.R. conducted secret studies to find out if the other
side was behind the UFOs, and both concluded early on that the
capabilities of the flying discs seemed beyond human technology. This
secret report done in 1948 by the Air Force and Naval Intelligence is
among the most fascinating of the UFO documents ever to surface
because it wasn't suppose to exist. A confidential memo at the end of
the report ordered that all copies should be destroyed. But one copy
survived and was finally pried out of the Pentagon in 1985. It's a
study of more than 200 of the earliest UFO sightings, including one
that occurred on June, 1947, near Lake Mead. The report notes that an
Air Force pilot saw a formation of six UFOs, and the UFOs were some
type of flying craft, not weather balloons or hallucinations. The
report made note of the fact that more than a few sighting reports
were made by experienced personnel, and that the origin of flying
saucers was not ascertainable.

The Cold War with the Soviets and Communist countries was heating up.
Strange craft were reported all over our skies, and the news media was
critical of government's explanations. Many people thought the craft
belonged to the Soviet Union or perhaps aliens bent on invasion. There
was fear the Soviets could use UFO propaganda to discredit the US
government. There was genuine concern that a national panic could
occur. Whether UFOs were real or not, the situation made the president
nervous and made the military and the various intelligence agencies
look bad. Plenty of good reports were trickling out that a substantial
number of military aircraft were crashing. Stories started to leak out
that these aircraft were crashing while chasing UFOs. The crashes were
explained as training accidents and mechanical failures, but the news
media was starting to tie the two types of reports together.

The over-all effort to study saucers was called "Project Sign,"
and the headquarters was located at Wright Field in Ohio. In 1949,
Sign personnel wrote a top-secret report, which concluded that, "UFOs
were extra-terrestrial craft." When the report made it to the desk of
the Chief of Staff General Hoyt Vandeberg, he rejected it and ordered
all copies burned. This rejection from the top was in the view of
many, the death knell for any objective study of UFOs. A few weeks
later Project Sign produced another final report stating that it's
findings were "inconclusive." That report was accepted and soon after
Project Sign became Project Grudge. Grudge evaluated reports on the
premise that UFOs could not exist. According to a later report by the
Library of Congress, it was the job of Grudge to explain them all.
Despite this slant, 23% of Grudge cases remained a mystery. Grudge
staffers decided these cases were physiologically motivated, the first
official declaration that people who see UFOs are crazy.

In 1952, there were more sightings than the five previous years
combined, including the two infamous Washington D.C. incidents. Yet
another study was launched, Project Bluebook. Bluebook today is
notorious in UFO circles as a whitewash. There is considerable
evidence the project was far from objective. The man appointed to
head Bluebook, Captain Edward Ruppelt, said he was told in the very
beginning that the 'powers that be' were anti-flying-saucer and to
stay in favor, "it behooves one to follow suit." Ruppelt later
resigned from the military and wrote a book about what he says was the
Bluebook cover-up and the reality of flying saucers. The continued
increase of UFO sightings was a source of great concern for the CIA
and a new strategy was born: "UFO DEBUNKING."

A group of CIA-connected scientists was assembled in secret to
evaluate UFOs. CIA documents reveal that five members of the
Scientific Advisory Panel, who were all well-known skeptics, were
given several poor UFO cases to examine and came to the conclusion
that "there was no evidence of a direct threat to national security in
the objects sighted. Flying saucer reports were overloading emergency
reporting channels with false information, clogging up communication
lines, causing alarm, and realistically even if they were real there
was little we could do about them." Furthermore, the government was
losing the confidence of the people. Our science and aircraft seemed
to be confronted by far superior technology.

The "Robertson Panel" spent all of twelve hours in a round-table
discussion, analyzing only about a handful of UFO cases. The Panel
concluded that, "UFOs are not a threat to national security...but
continued reporting of UFOs is a threat." Their recommendation: The
Government should take immediate steps to strip UFOs of their "aura of
mystery," through a program of public education. The final report
even used the term, "DEBUNKING."

The Robertson Panel discussions and recommendations centered around
the main problem of eradicating belief in these unidentified flying
objects. Ways of using the news media and movies to discredit UFOs
were discussed and placed into action. This resulted in the reduction
of public interest around the reality of flying saucers, which even
today still evokes a strong psychological reaction. Such propaganda
techniques included addressing actual UFO cases, which might have been
puzzling at first but later explained away as natural phenomenon.

The panel also discussed various insidious methods that were often
implemented to execute this debunking program. It was felt strongly
that psychologists familiar with mass psychology should be called in
as advisers to assist with the nature and extent of this program.
These national programs resulted in the National Policy. The end
result was to debunk any valid sighting, even if it resulted in the
embarrassment of pilots and/or government employees. UFO reports were
denied, debunked and those who saw them were soundly and mercilessly
ridiculed.

Timothy Good in his book Above Top Secret writes: Another sinister
recommendation of the panel was that civilian UFO groups should be
watched "because of their potentially great influence on mass thinking
if widespread sightings should occur. The apparent irresponsibility
and the possible use of such groups for subversive purposes should be
kept in mind." The panel concluded that "the continued emphasis on the
reporting these phenomena does, in these parlous times, result in a
threat to the orderly functioning of the protective organs of the body
politic," and recommended:

a. That the national security agencies take immediate steps to strip
the Unidentified Flying Objects of the special status they have been
given and the aura of mystery they have unfortunately acquired.

b. That the national security agencies institute policies on
intelligence, training, and public education designed to prepare the
material defenses and the morale of the country to recognize most
promptly and to react most effectively to true indications of hostile
intent or action.

Shortly thereafter every effort of the government went into debunking
UFOs even if it would mean embarrassing its own people. It soon became
known the best way to destroy your military career was to report a
UFO. Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of the Aerial Phenomena Branch
at the Air Technical Intelligence Center, said that the CIA ordered
the Air Force to debunk sightings and debunk witnesses. "We're
ordered to hide sightings when possible," he told Major Keyhole, "but
if a strong report does get out we have to publish a fast explanation--
make up something to kill the report in a hurry, and also ridicule the
witness, especially if we can't figure out a plausible answer, even if
we have to discredit our own pilots."

The debunking included spying on UFO witnesses and the infiltration of
UFO organizations by the CIA and FBI. Various effective civilian UFO
organizations have been rendered impotent, and sometimes inactive,
after ex-CIA members have joined their board of directors, the best
example being the ousting of Major Donald Keyhoe from NICAP (National
Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena.). APRO (Aerial
Phenomena Research Organization) head Jim Lorenzen was also put under
CIA surveillance in 1953, after the recommendations of the Robertson
Panel. New federal policy resulting from the Robertson Panel includes
Military Policy Orders AFR 200-2 and JANAP 146, which simultaneously
criminalizes the release by any military personnel of UFO-related
information, but makes the reporting of all sightings to immediate
superiors MANDATORY. The debunking strategy likewise included the
silencing of military personnel through intimidation. Even retired
military personnel risked losing their pension benefits if they talked
about their experiences with UFOs. That ban continues to this day.

For three decades, the Military have publicly scoffed at UFOs but
it has been another matter behind the scenes. A secret order issued
to Air Force base commanders in 1960 stated UFOs should be treated as,
"serious business...directly related to national security." Public
pressures spurred Congress to hold hearing about UFOs in the
mid-1960's and the Air Force decided enough is enough. It
commissioned what was to be the ultimate UFO study, directed by Edward
Condon of the University of Colorado. Condon was a respected
scientist but was hardly impartial about UFOs. Before the study even
began, he said in a speech that "The Government should get out of the
UFO business, there's nothing to it." He later wrote, "The authors of
UFO books should be horsewhipped." There is even evidence that the
studies conclusion were written before the project even began. To the
surprise of few, the committee declared that further study of UFOs
would be a waste of time. The Air Force used this as its reason to
finally end Project Bluebook. UFO researchers have long suspected
that Bluebook was merely for public consumption, that another secret
UFO program existed to handle the most sensitive cases.

The CIA responds to UFO requests in this fashion: "There is no
CIA program to actively collect information on UFOs, nor has there
been one since the 1950's." This statement flies in the face of
numerous reports, squeezed out of the Agency by Freedom of Information
lawsuits. A series of internal memos dated 1976, made repeated
references to "UFO Research"- "UFO Studies"- "CIA-UFO Experts"-and
"Agency personnel who are monitoring the UFO phenomenon." The
reluctance to admit an interest in UFOs dates back to at least 1952,
an internal letter from CIA Weapons Chief states "It is strongly urged
that no indication of CIA interest reach the press or public, in light
of their alarmist tendencies."

Officially, CIA and other government agencies say their lack of
interest is because UFOs pose no threat to national security. Yet,
UFOs have made alarming intrusions at our most sensitive military
bases. As the Washington Post reported, "UFOs visited five separate
nuclear missile launch sites near the Canadian border during a two-
week period in 1975, one right after the other." In a least one case,
UFOs tampered with the launch codes of ICBM missiles. Fighter planes
were unable to catch the UFOs, which makes the government explanation
that those UFOs were "mystery helicopters" seem specious. Mystery
helicopters that can out-race F-16's visiting nuclear missile bases?
If this isn't national security, what is?? Oddly, the government has
used the national security excuse to withhold UFO data. Stan Friedman
fought all the way to the Supreme Court to get UFO documents from the
National Security Agency, and all he got was a summary of the
documents which was over 80% blacked out.

This "explaining away" real UFO cases continues to this day with the
multiple phony accounts of the Roswell extraterrestrial crash given by
the Air Force. Within the span of a single day (July 8, 1947), two
stories were made public: the first one, the correct story as it turns
out, was that a flying disc had been recovered. A few hours later
General Ramey issued a statement that the wreckage was just that of a
weather balloon's radar reflector. 27 years after that in 1993, in
response to the potentially damaging GAO Roswell report, the Air Force
released its now infamous super-secret Project Mogul balloon excuse.
This is the most popular excuse favored by UFO debunkers. Four years
after that in 1997, came the now laughable time-compressed crash-test
dummy explanation which tried to explain the 4 to 5 alien bodies that
were witnessed at the crash site by multiple military and civilian
observers.

Let's ask nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman if it is possible for
the government to completely cover up a story as earth-shaking as
extraterrestrials?

SF: I think it's extraordinarily easy. In the first place, the good
tools for getting the best data all belong to the government. They've
got the radar systems, the closed communication systems, the aircraft
loaded with instrumentation, the Air Defense Command and so forth.
And all that data is born classified. If you were to ask me as a
physicist what I'd like to do to find out about flying saucers, I'd
say, well, you've got to have a system to detect them, then you need
another system to monitor them once you've picked one up, then you
want to communicate back and forth and get guys up there with
instruments as close as you can when they're there. The government's
got all of that, and it's all classified. So, that's the first thing:
they've got a closed system to begin with.

Secondly, when we talk government, we imply--at least some people
do--that everybody knows and nobody's talking. That's not how
security works at all. I had a clearance for 15 years. The "need to
know" concept is most important. As an example of that, I was working
on radiation shielding for nuclear airplanes for General Electric. I
would have liked access to secret restricted data on radiation
shielding being produced by Westinghouse for the nuclear submarine
program. I mean, a shield is a shield. You've got the same
difficulties with light-weight and that sort of thing. I didn't have
a need-to-know for their data. I had the right level of clearance,
but it got me nowhere. So, the key is compartmentalization, which was
honed to a science during World War II by some of the same people who
were apparently involved with UFOs post-War. How did we keep the
Manhattan Project secret as long as we did. Two billion dollars in
1942 money, tens of thousands of people involved in the construction
of enormous facilities that at one point were using eleven percent of
the electricity in the United States, to blow uranium hexaflouride
through little holes in a mile-long building--and yet, it was kept
secret. Secrets are easy to keep, as long as you control the
detection systems, the communications systems, and the interference
systems, if you will. I've talked to a number of people who worked
for Truman and Eisenhower. Every single one agreed that secrets could
have always been kept, at least post-World War II. No problem at all.

Although the case for the flying saucer reality is far better
than the case against most convicted criminals. If you do it on an
evidential basis, you can look at things like Ted Phillips' collected
information on over 4,400 physical trace cases from 79 countries.
These are cases where the saucer is seen on or near the ground, and
after it leaves, one finds clear physical changes such as burn circles
and burn rings, landing gear marks, swirled vegetation, dried out
soil, and so forth. People say there is no physical evidence. Well,
if a footprint and a fingerprint are physical evidence, then the
physical trace cases are certainly physical evidence. And the same
things keep happening all over the world. The problem is most people
are unaware of the evidence, even though there is a preponderance of
evidence. Given the physical trace cases, the radar sightings, the
photographs and the eye-witness testimony from people all over the
world, we have quite sufficient evidence to conclude that our planet
is being visited by manufactured objects behaving in ways that we
Earthlings cannot yet duplicate, and that therefore were produced
someplace else."

In addition, Jim Marrs had the following accurate narrative to add:
As the 20th century came to a close, cattle mutilations continue, crop
circles are more elaborate than in the past, and the abduction
experience appears to be more widespread than ever, in spite of the
debunkers and media-supported public disbelief.

Two concepts increasingly accepted by all but the most intransigent
skeptic are that there is much more to life than our own brief
material existence on Earth and we are not alone on our world.

The concept that we are not alone is supported by overwhelming
evidence, including multitudinous sightings, photographs, films and
videos, radar contacts, personal confrontations, abduction reports,
crop circles, animal mutilations, channeled messages, multiple-witness
reports and physical evidence such as indented landing sites, holes in
the ground, burned vegetation, human scars, and implants. Some of the
human reports and photographic evidence undoubtedly are the product of
misinterpretation or hoaxers, but the sheer number and consistency of
descriptions argues against all of them being mistakes or fakes.

Another argument supporting the idea of non-human visitors is the
longevity of the reports. If sightings had occurred only in recent
times, they might be attributable to some passing mass psychosis, an
aberrant copycat function of minds frightened by the onrush of modern
technology. But reports of flying machines and unearthly visitors
predate man's history. And the evidence of technology superior to
ours in the distant past is particularly compelling. Although there
is no clear indication that such technology was the product of alien
visitation rather than some lost civilization of man, the many ancient
tales of sky-gods and their flying craft tip the scales in favor of
alien contact.

Thank you to George Knapp, Michael Lindemann, Timothy Good, Ralph
Steiner, Stanton Frideman, Jim Marrs and George Filer for the above
information

Sir Gilligan Horry

Apr 2, 2013, 9:35:53 PM4/2/13
On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:32:59 -0700 (PDT), "Sir Arthur C.B.E.
Wholeflaffers A.S.A." <garyma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>UFO Debunkers: A Dangerous "Cult" or Super Patriots?/ The History of
>UFO Debunking!

"50 million off-world races throughout the known Universe."

That would have to be true.

Only because the Universe is older than we think.

.
______________________________

... here... http://goo.gl/A7l9U

http://MillionUFOs.blogspot.com

"Free UFO Videos" Since The Year 1998...
http://aliens-ufos-videos.comze.com

http://Art-Bell-Radio-MP3s.blogspot.com

http://www.YouTube.com/ArtBellMP3s

http://YouTube.com/JimsSpaceAgency

Beautiful Documentary ...

1.

2.

3.

http://ProjectMotherShip.blogspot.com

http://BestUFOVideosOnYouTube.site11.com
Best Aliens UFOs Proof...

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.

Apr 4, 2013, 12:36:17 PM4/4/13
On Apr 2, 6:35 pm, Sir Gilligan Horry <G...@ga7rm5er.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:32:59 -0700 (PDT), "Sir Arthur C.B.E.
>
> Wholeflaffers A.S.A." <garymatalu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >UFO Debunkers: A Dangerous "Cult" or Super Patriots?/ The History of
> >UFO Debunking!
>
> "50

Shut UP!

Surrender.