PowWow (PA Dutch folk magick)

Berkala

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

Greetings all!
Am wishing to correspond with anyone that has some
experience/interest/knowledge in this folk magick system.......
Blessings of the Season!
Berkala

DarkFaery

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

yes. it existed right here in the bible belt. Arthur Lewis wrote
a journalistic account of it, a book called simply The Hex. I haven't
been able to find it, but it's about a family feud that ended up with
someone getting hexed. This is all I could find on the net about it:
http://www.ucmb.ulb.ac.be/~joan/witches/penn.html. You can find books in
the local library's "local"' section. Look for local folklore books. I
can't think of any names now. I think most places around here would
prefer to try to make this part of their history go away!
bibi

--
Beauty will save the world.
Dostoevsky

LudvigPrin

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

~Greetings all!
~Am wishing to correspond with anyone that has some
~experience/interest/knowledge in this folk magick system.......
~Blessings of the Season!
~Berkala

Well, whatever you do, DO NOT buy Silver Cravenwolf's book on the subject,
because she has her head lodged quite firmly in her ass.

I grew up in Amish Country, and know a bit about what they do. I'm not an
expert on Amish magic but, unlike Miz Cravenwolf, I know what they DON'T do.
They DON'T sacrifice chickens, and they DON'T pray to the Maiden, Mother and
Crone.

Werd' ich zum Augenblicke sagen:
"Verweile doch, du bist so schon!"
dann magst du mich in Fesseln schalgen
damm will ich gern zugrunde gehn...
-Faust
Ludvig Prinn
Ludvi...@aol.com

Flax Trickster

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

ludvi...@aol.com (LudvigPrin) amused us with:

>Well, whatever you do, DO NOT buy Silver Cravenwolf's book on the subject,
>because she has her head lodged quite firmly in her ass.
>
>I grew up in Amish Country, and know a bit about what they do. I'm not an
>expert on Amish magic but, unlike Miz Cravenwolf, I know what they DON'T do.
>They DON'T sacrifice chickens, and they DON'T pray to the Maiden, Mother and
>Crone.

I don't recall ever seeing anything in Hexcraft about sacrificing
chickens, nor anything about the Amish praying to a triple goddess.

What pages would these be on, so I can go back and check?

Blessings,
Aldwyn

***************************** If you cannot find the truth
http://www.mnsinc.com/flax * where you are, where else do
fl...@mnsinc.com * you expect to find it? - Dogen

http://www.mdpagans.com *
Pagan Web Page Listings For Md, DC & NoVa *

Conjuring Parson

Oct 22, 2021, 11:42:36 AM10/22/21
On Sunday, May 10, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Berkala wrote:
> Greetings all!
> Am wishing to correspond with anyone that has some
> experience/interest/knowledge in this folk magick system.......
> Blessings of the Season!
> Berkala

I am a Powwow. I would love to converse with you. How can I help?

Billy Mynews Ferrell

Dec 1, 2021, 8:18:55 PM12/1/21
"Conjuring Parson" wrote in message

> On Sunday, May 10, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Berkala wrote:

Mr. Parson
That Was Long Ago

>> Greetings all!
>> Am wishing to correspond with anyone that has some
>> experience/interest/knowledge in this folk magick system.......
>> Blessings of the Season!
>> Berkala
>

> I am a Powwow. I would love to converse with you. How can I help?

Are You Trying To Converse With
Somebody Dead And Gone So Yong Ago

June 24. (Midsummer-day)
was appointed and attended as a day of solemn humiliation throughout the
colony,
by fasting and praying, to intreat the Lord to give success to the present
expedition
respecting the enemy.
At the conclusion of that day of humiliation, as soon as ever the people in
Swanzy
were come from the place where they had been praying together, the Indians
discharged
a volley of shot, whereby they killed one man, and wounded others.

On June 27, 1675

But I Know The Magician Of The Medication Man
Who tête-à-tête With The Great Sprit
As He Sing And Dance Around Waving At Polar
And Circular Life Of Powwow
Saying It Time
,
a full eclipse of the moon occurred in the New England area,
and various tribes in New England thought it a good omen
for attacking the colonies

ORIGIN
early 17th century: from Narragansett powah, powwaw 'magician'
(literally 'he dreams').

https://indiancountrytoday.com/opinion/-long-overdue-sacred-site-returned-to-the-narragansett.htm

Nov 15, 2021 · Long overdue: Sacred site returned to the Narragansett.

The Great Swamp Fight, or the Great Swamp Massacre, was a crucial battle
fought during King Philip's War between colonial militia of New England and
the Narragansett tribe in December of 1675.

It was fought near the villages of Kingston
and West Kingston in present-day South Kingstown ...

December 19, 1675. The colonial militia from Plymouth Colony

Look it up

powwow
['pou?wou]
NOUN
powwow (noun) · powwows (plural noun) · pow-wow (noun) · pow-wows
(plural noun)
a North American Indian ceremony involving feasting, singing, and
dancing.
informal
a conference or meeting for discussion, especially among friends
or colleagues.
synonyms:
discussion · talk · chat · gossip · tête-à-tête · heart-to-heart ·
head-to-head ·
[more]
exchange · dialogue · parley · consultation · conference · adda ·
korero · confabulation · palaver · colloquy · converse

< https://billofrightsinstitute.org/essays/king-philips-war >