Natural Remedies

danielle

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00

As someone who is sick of pouring god knows what down my throat every
time I get a bout of bronchitis ( which unfortunately is frequently)
just wanted to know if any of you lot know of web sites that explore
natural remedies

I'd do a web search myself, but quite frankly I can't be bothered, and
besides the monitor is getting snotty from my incessant sneezing

Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
me chicken soup? *grin*

danielle

Sky Rider

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
danielle,

> Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
> me chicken soup? *grin*

dunno about Chicken Soup.....

... but I bet Dazza has something "foul" you can chew!!!

(boom boom.... <g>)

--
Sky Rider
OD...@cyberscriber.com

danielle

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 20:23:19 +1000, Sky Rider <OD...@CyberScriber.com>
wrote:

>danielle,
>

>> Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
>> me chicken soup? *grin*
>
>dunno about Chicken Soup.....
>
>... but I bet Dazza has something "foul" you can chew!!!
>
>(boom boom.... <g>)

oh gee ta Chris, just what i needed to visualise in my weakened state,
i think I'll go lie down for a few days now :p

danielle

Darryl

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
Hi Sky Rider,

You were saying......

>> Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
>> me chicken soup? *grin*
>
>dunno about Chicken Soup.....
>
>... but I bet Dazza has something "foul" you can chew!!!
>
>(boom boom.... <g>)

nope, we all know who can be the foulest.... what is it about old welsh men
anyway? hehehe

Phoenix

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
you don't smoke - do you?

danielle wrote:

> As someone who is sick of pouring god knows what down my throat every
> time I get a bout of bronchitis ( which unfortunately is frequently)
> just wanted to know if any of you lot know of web sites that explore
> natural remedies
>
> I'd do a web search myself, but quite frankly I can't be bothered, and
> besides the monitor is getting snotty from my incessant sneezing
>

> Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
> me chicken soup? *grin*
>

> danielle

.---. .----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \('')/ -----
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : ---
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
====UU====UU====
'//||\\`
''``
phoen...@mydeja.com

Will Sutton

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

"danielle" <tran...@SPAMMEBABYvagabonde.net> wrote in message news:i24meskvvviggjpnb...@4ax.com...

> As someone who is sick of pouring god knows what down my throat every
> time I get a bout of bronchitis ( which unfortunately is frequently)
> just wanted to know if any of you lot know of web sites that explore
> natural remedies
>
> I'd do a web search myself, but quite frankly I can't be bothered, and
> besides the monitor is getting snotty from my incessant sneezing
>
> Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
> me chicken soup? *grin*
>

> danielle

I have resisted and it is causing me much pain *g*, well at least that
should make you happy..........

danielle

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 20:24:19 +0930, Phoenix <ros...@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>you don't smoke - do you?

nope
tis a disgusting and foul habit
When I develop a cold it always follows the same pattern, starts off
with a sore throat one day, moves onto a runny nose and blocked
sinuses the next, next day it's in my chest with a hacking cough and a
thumping headache from coughing so much, something i've become used to
over the past 26 years or so

danielle

danielle

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

>I have resisted and it is causing me much pain *g*, well at least that
>should make you happy..........

No :p

danielle

Stacey

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Danielle, you could try avoiding dairy foods because they're mucous forming.
Found this page re: alternative treatments

http://www.kombuchapower.com/bronchitis.htm

Stacey

danielle

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:04:22 +1000, "Stacey" <stac...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Danielle, you could try avoiding dairy foods because they're mucous forming.
>Found this page re: alternative treatments
>
>http://www.kombuchapower.com/bronchitis.htm

Been there done that, didn't make a scrap of difference in regards to
the severity of my chest colds

Thanks for the URL tho :)

danielle

danielle

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

>>As someone who is sick of pouring god knows what down my throat every
>>time I get a bout of bronchitis ( which unfortunately is frequently)
>>just wanted to know if any of you lot know of web sites that explore
>>natural remedies
>How about being a (wo)man and leaving it to wear off!

That's all fine and dandy when I'm at home, but it becomes a
hinderance when at work

>I get the same - whenever I get a cold it turns to asthma within 2 days
>(that is, when I can't be bothered to bump pulmicort up to 8 puffs twice
>a day), and quiet often bronchitis. Great to chew on for about 2 months
>........ ewwww

>>Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
>>me chicken soup? *grin*

>You had your chance to employ me, and you passed it up.....

I don't believe we ever finalised any deal so the position is still
open (for those desperate enough :p)

danielle

Sky Rider

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Lea,

> >I don't believe we ever finalised any deal so the position is still
> >open (for those desperate enough :p)
>

> Yeah, mopping up your phlegmm-y house with all it's snotty tissues ....
> sounds like a treat ;)

did you ever see an episode of "The Young Ones" where Neil had a cold??

.... he was firing so much green snot around the place they tied him in a
black bin liner..... until it exploded....

Leanne Bertram

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

Sky Rider wrote in message <38EC8886...@CyberScriber.com>...

>Lea,
>

>> >I don't believe we ever finalised any deal so the position is still
>> >open (for those desperate enough :p)
>>
>> Yeah, mopping up your phlegmm-y house with all it's snotty tissues ....
>> sounds like a treat ;)
>
>did you ever see an episode of "The Young Ones" where Neil had a cold??
>
>.... he was firing so much green snot around the place they tied him in a
>black bin liner..... until it exploded....

< finally stops laughing >
Yes, yes .... oh God,,, that was soooo funny. God, I loved that show :))

Hey ~ how's this for "gits-ville" .... my sister's got us free tix to th
Goodies' convention coming to Melbourne soon ( ?~ apparently ? ). She says
she just wants to get a t-shirt that says "Anything Anytime" ....... but i'm
not commenting on that ;)

Darryl

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Hi Leanne Bertram,

You were saying......

>Hey ~ how's this for "gits-ville" .... my sister's got us free tix

Free ticks? Plenty on my mates cattle farm! :-)

> to th
>Goodies' convention coming to Melbourne soon ( ?~ apparently ? ). She says
>she just wants to get a t-shirt that says "Anything Anytime" ....... but i'm
>not commenting on that ;)

Hmmm... Remember the old line... have you got a sister???? hahahahaha

Dazz

Leanne Bertram

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

danielle wrote in message ...

>>You had your chance to employ me, and you passed it up.....

Leanne Bertram

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

Darryl wrote in message ...
>Hi Leanne Bertram,

>Hmmm... Remember the old line... have you got a sister???? hahahahaha

Yes.

<waits for the punch line>

Darryl

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Hi Leanne Bertram,

You were saying......

><waits for the punch line>

Who said it was a joke?

Darryl

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Hi Leanne Bertram,

You were saying......

>*You* were laughing ......

Yes it _was_ funny, but not a joke, and hence no punch line. Also, not all
jokes have punch lines anyway.

Dazz

Leanne Bertram

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

Leanne Bertram

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

Darryl wrote in message <6ueress7nmb5al8dl...@4ax.com>...

>Hi Leanne Bertram,
>
>You were saying......

>>>Who said it was a joke?
>>
>>*You* were laughing ......
>

>Yes it _was_ funny, but not a joke, and hence no punch line. Also, not all
>jokes have punch lines anyway.

*Testy*......

Yes, I know ....
it was my own *witty* way of saying "not funny".........

I guess my wit was as successful as your attempt at humour ;)

Darryl

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Hi Leanne Bertram,

You were saying......

>>Yes it _was_ funny, but not a joke, and hence no punch line. Also, not all
>>jokes have punch lines anyway.
>
>*Testy*......
>
>Yes, I know ....
>it was my own *witty* way of saying "not funny".........
>
>I guess my wit was as successful as your attempt at humour ;)

natch

Leanne Bertram

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00

Darryl wrote in message ...

natchos ?
No thanks, I just ate ......

JR

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
Your laziness doesn't bother me......in the interests of good health you
should avoid antibiotics and over the counter pseudoephedrines (sudafed)
etc..Overuse has weakened most of the population, setting us up for
pneumonia and Chest difficulties later in life.

This is what you do...
get to your supermarket vitamin section and buy some Echinacea formula with
antioxidants ($10-15) brands vary
Chew 5-10 garlic cloves over the day (i find a little fetta & drink can make
it more pleasant).
But some vitamin C tabs (1000mg) and chew 4-6 over the day

All these will arm your immune response so your body can fight the
infection(s). Chicken soup DOES work miraculously (it's no coincedence the
Chinese use Extract of Chicken to treat viruses and frail conditions).
Hot water, squeeze of lemon and honey should be sipped throughout the day
for relief.

I have not taken any antibiotics for 10 years, and using the above I methods
I never have any cold lasting more than 2-3 days, I manage to kill it
after/during the nose stage. It does work because I used to be captive to
the same cycle you mentioned. Since treating my colds this way, I have never
had Bronchitis and wheezing the way I used to.

Will Sutton <muta...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "danielle" <tran...@SPAMMEBABYvagabonde.net> wrote in message
> >

> > As someone who is sick of pouring god knows what down my throat every
> > time I get a bout of bronchitis ( which unfortunately is frequently)
> > just wanted to know if any of you lot know of web sites that explore
> > natural remedies
> >

> > I'd do a web search myself, but quite frankly I can't be bothered, and
> > besides the monitor is getting snotty from my incessant sneezing
> >

> > Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
> > me chicken soup? *grin*
> >

> > danielle

danielle

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00

>Your laziness doesn't bother me......in the interests of good health you
>should avoid antibiotics and over the counter pseudoephedrines (sudafed)
>etc..Overuse has weakened most of the population, setting us up for
>pneumonia and Chest difficulties later in life.
>This is what you do...
>get to your supermarket vitamin section and buy some Echinacea formula with
>antioxidants ($10-15) brands vary
>Chew 5-10 garlic cloves over the day (i find a little fetta & drink can make
>it more pleasant).
>But some vitamin C tabs (1000mg) and chew 4-6 over the day
>All these will arm your immune response so your body can fight the
>infection(s). Chicken soup DOES work miraculously (it's no coincedence the
>Chinese use Extract of Chicken to treat viruses and frail conditions).
>Hot water, squeeze of lemon and honey should be sipped throughout the day
>for relief.
>I have not taken any antibiotics for 10 years, and using the above I methods
>I never have any cold lasting more than 2-3 days, I manage to kill it
>after/during the nose stage. It does work because I used to be captive to
>the same cycle you mentioned. Since treating my colds this way, I have never
>had Bronchitis and wheezing the way I used to.

oh wow, a legitimate response, novelty for this group *grin*
Thanks for the ideas, i've tried Echinacea on various occasions and
found it never made much difference to the severity of my colds, but i
saw some the other day that had Ech, Horseradish and garlic....worth a
shot, and it would save me eating cloves of garlic *shudder*
I don't know about the Chinese but nothing beats an eastern european
chicken soup.

danielle

jacobe...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2013, 7:37:29 AM9/4/13
On Wednesday, April 5, 2000 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, danielle wrote:
> As someone who is sick of pouring god knows what down my throat every
> time I get a bout of bronchitis ( which unfortunately is frequently)
> just wanted to know if any of you lot know of web sites that explore
> natural remedies
>
> I'd do a web search myself, but quite frankly I can't be bothered, and
> besides the monitor is getting snotty from my incessant sneezing
>
> Oh and another thing, anybody want to come over and mother me and feed
> me chicken soup? *grin*
>

> danielle

Crazy over coconut oil.
Read More : http://www.doctorshealthpress.com/food-and-nutrition-articles/what-you-must-know-about-coconut-oil