Why does Internet Explorer 6 give me so many warnings about webpages?

1 view

Kenn Caesius

Feb 16, 2014, 2:50:52 PM2/16/14
I have used windows 2000 pro and Internet Explorer 6 for the longest
time but for just as long I have to put up with a problem when trying to
browse the internet.

I am not sure where the problem lies (I figured it had something to do
with the security settings but after playing around them, I doubt it)
but nearly site I visit gives me two kinds of warnings, repeatedly:

"Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is
not available"

"The security certificate was issued by a company you have chosen not to
trust"

How can I get IE6 stop warning me about this?

---End of message---

Andrew Rossmann

Feb 17, 2014, 4:57:20 PM2/17/14
In article <q76dnWwcxtjAi5zO...@earthlink.com>, xiloteak-
use...@yahoo.com says...
STOP USING IE6!! It's dangerous and full of security holes. It has not
been supported for several years.

You can use older versions of Firefox if you can find them. They are
still a bit out of date, but should be more secure and also work better
with most sites. 12.0 is the latest version that will work, although I
think it's possible some of the 10.x ESR versions may be fractionally
newer with security updates.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross