Can I share my dial-up ISP connection?

Kenn Caesius

Jun 7, 2012, 11:51:18 AM6/7/12
I trying to play online with a Sega Dreamcast with the broadband adapter
(a wired Ethernet peripheral) connected to my computer and enabling ICS
would be enough. It wasn't and I now I am trying to troubleshoot the
connection.

I would like to get the most obvious out the way - can I share my
dial-up connection with my computer as the router?

---End of message---

Ben Myers

Jun 9, 2012, 1:43:01 PM6/9/12
"Kenn Caesius" <xilotea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nvmdnQirccWWU03S...@earthlink.com...
Click "Start", "Settings", "Network and Dial-up connections", then right-
click your dial-up connection, select "Properties", "Sharing", check "Enable
Internet Connection Sharing for this connection" and click "OK". You may
have to hang up and reconnect for the change to take effect.

Ben

Kenn Caesius

Jun 9, 2012, 5:18:54 PM6/9/12
Thank you Ben Meyers for the reply - I figured I had the correct
procedure (as you have posted it) but seems that the problem may not be
on my end after all.

It is rather convoluted and esoteric matter but according to the
instructions of this site http://www.schtserv.com/connect-psodc.php , it
possible to play online with simple configuration of DNS settings.

However in private messaging with one of the game masters, it seems that
information contained therein is outdated so I concluded that DNS
setting must be outdated as well.

---End of message---

Loony

Jun 18, 2012, 2:19:59 PM6/18/12