file transfer/C compiler

Peter Flass

Jun 20, 2020, 9:41:35 PM6/20/20
Despite being interested in Multics for some time I’m basically a newbie. I
have a copy of the Multics C compiler on my PC, (unfortunately without
source) and notice there isn’t one on the (oldish) quickstart version I
have.

I have no idea if the binary is any good, or if it will run on the current
Multics version, but the first problem is how to transfer it from the PC
filesystem to Multics. I suspect virtual tape would be the best way. Could
someone point me to information on how to create a “tape” which can be read
by Multics? Is this an FAQ somewhere? Is there a better way to transfer the
file?

Thanks for any help.

--
Pete