'h6180' (formerly 'ge635') pre-alpha emulator imported into svn.sourceforge

Matt 'orangesquid' Williams

Apr 21, 2008, 6:56:57 PM4/21/08
I've imported the latest codebase of h6180 (formerly ge635) into
subversion on sourceforge. I don't have anything at all set up on the
sf site. You can browse the repository at http://h6180.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/h6180/
or try checking out svn co https://h6180.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/h6180/h6180/
(to build and test: cd h6180 ; make ; ./testrun modtests)
Bear in mind that this project has far to go, but I'm pretty
committed, so I'm not going to abandon it (although other busy-ness in
my life has made progress slow most of the time).

If you have suggestions for different ways to do things, now's a good
time (before the codebase gets really big) to suggest it so changes
can be made.

I'm always glad for help, although I haven't really worked on a
project with more than 1 or 2 other people before, so it might be a
good idea to discuss where the emulator should go and make sure
everyone's on the same boat. I don't mean it has to be my boat, of
course---especially since there are members on this group who are far,
far, far more knowledgeable than I am in this field. I'm sure there
will be plenty of good ideas that might involve some major changes to
the design and/or goals.
Anyway, give me some feedback..
-Matt 'orangesquid' Williams

PacoLinux

Apr 22, 2008, 3:21:38 AM4/22/08
On Apr 22, 12:56 am, "Matt 'orangesquid' Williams"

<0.707...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've imported the latest codebase of h6180 (formerly ge635) into
> subversion on sourceforge. I don't have anything at all set up on the
> sf site. You can browse the repository athttp://h6180.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/h6180/
> or try checking out svn cohttps://h6180.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/h6180/h6180/

> (to build and test: cd h6180 ; make ; ./testrun modtests)
> Bear in mind that this project has far to go, but I'm pretty
> committed, so I'm not going to abandon it (although other busy-ness in
> my life has made progress slow most of the time).
>
> If you have suggestions for different ways to do things, now's a good
> time (before the codebase gets really big) to suggest it so changes
> can be made.
>
> I'm always glad for help, although I haven't really worked on a
> project with more than 1 or 2 other people before, so it might be a
> good idea to discuss where the emulator should go and make sure
> everyone's on the same boat. I don't mean it has to be my boat, of
> course---especially since there are members on this group who are far,
> far, far more knowledgeable than I am in this field. I'm sure there
> will be plenty of good ideas that might involve some major changes to
> the design and/or goals.
> Anyway, give me some feedback..
> -Matt 'orangesquid' Williams

Hi:

This sounds like a very good news :)

Thanks,
Paco

Keith Poole

Apr 23, 2008, 7:02:40 PM4/23/08

I had a problem compiling this on OSX - I had to make a change to
io/console.c to make it work (int console_chan; -> int console_chan =
0;) otherwise it gave an undefined symbol (I'm assuming that the
compiler optimised the variable away since it wasn't being used)

Keith

Simon Collis

Apr 30, 2008, 3:37:44 PM4/30/08
On Apr 21, 11:56 pm, "Matt 'orangesquid' Williams"

<0.707...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've imported the latest codebase of h6180 (formerly ge635) into
> subversion on sourceforge.  I don't have anything at all set up on the
> sf site.  You can browse the repository athttp://h6180.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/h6180/
> or try checking out svn cohttps://h6180.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/h6180/h6180/

> (to build and test: cd h6180 ; make ; ./testrun modtests)
> Bear in mind that this project has far to go, but I'm pretty
> committed, so I'm not going to abandon it (although other busy-ness in
> my life has made progress slow most of the time).
>
> If you have suggestions for different ways to do things, now's a good
> time (before the codebase gets really big) to suggest it so changes
> can be made.
>
> I'm always glad for help, although I haven't really worked on a
> project with more than 1 or 2 other people before, so it might be a
> good idea to discuss where the emulator should go and make sure
> everyone's on the same boat.  I don't mean it has to be my boat, of
> course---especially since there are members on this group who are far,
> far, far more knowledgeable than I am in this field.  I'm sure there
> will be plenty of good ideas that might involve some major changes to
> the design and/or goals.
> Anyway, give me some feedback..
> -Matt 'orangesquid' Williams

Hi Matt,

Do you want someone to write documentation? I can do man pages,
oldskool WinHelp, HTML...

:-)

SC

Matt 'orangesquid' Williams

May 3, 2008, 4:28:43 AM5/3/08
On Apr 30, 3:37 pm, Simon Collis <simon.col...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Do you want someone to write documentation? I can do man pages,
> oldskool WinHelp, HTML...
>
> :-)
>
> SC

That'd be great! I don't really have any documentation written at all
yet. Also, I set up a few skeleton files for using Doxygen to auto-
generate some documentation from the code (when I start to document,
which will be a definite *very soon* so that other people will be able
to orient themselves in a reasonable amount of time); I don't know if
that would be something you'd at all be interested in helping with.

You (and anyone else interested, of course) can join the sourceforge
group at http://sourceforge.net/projects/h6180/ and leave me a note
(SF user orangesquid) with what kinds of things you want to do.
-Matt / os