Linux Bananed At My School

Hon from China - Master Troll

Feb 4, 2009, 5:16:59 AM2/4/09
The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at
the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus
that we get all the time.

I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?
Thank You.
Hon

--
Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney

Davorin Vlahovic

Feb 4, 2009, 5:43:51 AM2/4/09
[Wed, 4 Feb 2009 03:16:59 -0700 (MST)] Hon from China - Master Troll je napisao/la:
> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at
> the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus
> that we get all the time.
>
> I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
> Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?

Advertise the school on Slashdot and Reddit :)

--
WARNING! Warp core breach sooner than you think!
-- Majel Roddenberry as Computer in ST:Voyager

High Plains Thumper

Feb 4, 2009, 7:52:10 AM2/4/09
Hon from China - Master Troll wrote:

> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school
> and also at the college because they claim it is responsible
> for the hacking virus that we get all the time.
>
> I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
> Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?
> Thank You.
> Hon

[headers]
Sender: Borked Pseudo Mailed <nob...@pseudo.borked.net>
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address
above. It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer
software. Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <ad...@pseudo.borked.net>.
$xE$h&Kjg@6-s8\aR,(o3Z]m)d.cAU-y!i/G'}}$WId)8Uh3TpmTQSRis6,U`NQ8IWIda}W:tIo=Bb
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 03:16:59 -0700 (MST)
[/headers]

Most likely user agent is spoofed.

Using an anonymising remailer, smells flatfishy ....

--
HPT

William Poaster

Feb 4, 2009, 8:14:22 AM2/4/09
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 05:52:10 -0700, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, High Plains Thumper was heard to say:

Bananed too! Is it yellow & bendy, d'ya think?

JEDIDIAH

Feb 4, 2009, 8:41:03 AM2/4/09
On 2009-02-04, Hon from China - Master Troll <sa...@comp.lang.c> wrote:
> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at
> the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus
> that we get all the time.

...is there something out there automatically reposting articles?

This sounds vaguely familiar, like a rerun.

> I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
> Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?
> Thank You.
> Hon
>
> --
> Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney

--
Oracle... can't live with it... |||
/ | \

High Plains Thumper

Feb 4, 2009, 8:54:31 AM2/4/09

Just another flatfishy trademark, poorly imitating (ad
hominem'ing actually) a non-Westerner.

It would have not surprised me if a sock were to reply, "wet is
teh mattir, is lienux not werking agaen?"

--
HPT

William Poaster

Feb 4, 2009, 11:28:48 AM2/4/09
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 06:54:31 -0700, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, High Plains Thumper was heard to say:

I dunno if you heard it in your country, but there was (back in 2002 IIRR)
a story going round that the EU were banning excessively curved bananas.
Straight bananas? Well it seems it wasn't a myth after all:
http://www.rogerhelmer.com/straightbananas.asp

J.O. Aho

Feb 4, 2009, 12:04:16 PM2/4/09
Hon from China - Master Troll wrote:
> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at
> the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus
> that we get all the time.
>
> I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
> Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?

You should contact MIIT, I think they can help you to get Linux as the
approved operating system at your high school, just give them your head
masters office number and they may be calling him before you have
managed to hangup.

--

//Aho

Clogwog

Feb 4, 2009, 3:49:55 PM2/4/09
"William Poaster" <w...@ubuntu-hardy64.org> schreef in bericht

lol !
If you ever see anything other than a "my filters..." or a "me too...." post
from the William Poaster (Willy Boaster) village idiot then it'll be the day
that the earth plummets into the sun.

Investigative Reporter Web server

Feb 4, 2009, 4:08:04 PM2/4/09

He'll always remain "my filters...." or "me too..." Poaster-child.

What is he good for? Absolutely, his good for "nothing". I have never
seen that clown help anyone.

He seems to always have his nose up Mara's behind.

Aragorn

Feb 4, 2009, 8:40:59 PM2/4/09
On Wednesday 04 February 2009 18:04, someone identifying as *J.O. Aho* wrote
in /alt.os.linux.gentoo:/

And should that fail, then give /us/ a call. We'll show up at your school
as penguins dressed in fatigues, armed with paintball guns, and we'll splat
every Windows-infected computer on the compound until the perimeter is
secured. :p

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

High Plains Thumper

Feb 4, 2009, 11:43:29 PM2/4/09
William Poaster wrote:
> High Plains Thumper was heard to say:
>
>> Just another flatfishy trademark, poorly imitating (ad
>> hominem'ing actually) a non-Westerner.
>>
>> It would have not surprised me if a sock were to reply, "wet
>> is teh mattir, is lienux not werking agaen?"
>
> I dunno if you heard it in your country, but there was (back
> in 2002 IIRR) a story going round that the EU were banning
> excessively curved bananas. Straight bananas? Well it seems
> it wasn't a myth after all:
> http://www.rogerhelmer.com/straightbananas.asp

Never heard about that one, but then unless one has access to BBC
(which seems to be a better news service than the US channels,
IMHO), such word would never be received.

I see that you have been eating the higher quality straight Linux
bananas whereas we have been eating the poorer quality small
curved Windows bananas. :-)

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Feb 5, 2009, 6:58:24 AM2/5/09
Aragorn wrote:

> *J.O. Aho* wrote:
>
>> You should contact MIIT, I think they can help you to get
>> Linux as the approved operating system at your high school,
>> just give them your head masters office number and they may
>> be calling him before you have managed to hangup.
>
> And should that fail, then give /us/ a call. We'll show up at
> your school as penguins dressed in fatigues, armed with
> paintball guns, and we'll splat every Windows-infected
> computer on the compound until the perimeter is secured. :p

Rather, do like Indiana Schools. Remove all hard drives. Ghost
with Linux image and apps. Reinstall hard drives. Problem
solved. :-)

Oh, and I forgot. Run all Microsoft software licenses and CD's
through a media shredder.

--
HPT

Aragorn

Feb 6, 2009, 12:55:08 AM2/6/09
On Thursday 05 February 2009 12:58, someone identifying as *High Plains
Thumper* wrote in /alt.os.linux.gentoo:/

That would be a terrible waste of those Microsoft CDs, considering that they
make excellent skeet shooting targets. :-)

As for the Microsoft licenses, I haven't tried this myself but a little bird
whispered that they make for good toilet paper. Hey, I'm thinking of the
environment! :-)

High Plains Thumper

Feb 6, 2009, 3:54:26 AM2/6/09
Aragorn wrote:

> *High Plains Thumper* wrote:
>
>> Oh, and I forgot. Run all Microsoft software licenses and
>> CD's through a media shredder.
>
> That would be a terrible waste of those Microsoft CDs,
> considering that they make excellent skeet shooting targets.
> :-)
>
> As for the Microsoft licenses, I haven't tried this myself but
> a little bird whispered that they make for good toilet paper.
> Hey, I'm thinking of the environment! :-)

I am thinking of the environment too! The rough paper surface of
those licenses are abrasive enough for our potty mouth COLA
trolls. ;-)

--
HPT

Aragorn

Feb 6, 2009, 5:07:24 AM2/6/09
On Friday 06 February 2009 09:54, someone identifying as *High Plains

Thumper* wrote in /alt.os.linux.gentoo:/

> Aragorn wrote:

From what I can tell, not too much has changed in /C.O.L.A./ since I left
there now about, oh, three years ago, something? Still the same kind of
Wintrolls and Microsoft shills, with the same kind of troll stories, and
the same people still trying to stand up for GNU/Linux.

Still, you guys ought to get a higher fence and more guards. Every once in
a while, one of your /troollies/ makes it out and into the groups where the
*serious* things are being discussed. :p

(Oh, and get a couple of dogs too! :p)

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 6, 2009, 10:07:54 AM2/6/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Aragorn belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> As for the Microsoft licenses, I haven't tried this myself but a little bird
> whispered that they make for good toilet paper. Hey, I'm thinking of the
> environment! :-)

Use the CDs to wipe. Then rinse, and reuse!

--
The only thing better than love is milk.

High Plains Thumper

Feb 6, 2009, 9:13:01 PM2/6/09
Aragorn wrote:

> From what I can tell, not too much has changed in /C.O.L.A./
> since I left there now about, oh, three years ago, something?
> Still the same kind of Wintrolls and Microsoft shills, with
> the same kind of troll stories, and the same people still
> trying to stand up for GNU/Linux.
>
> Still, you guys ought to get a higher fence and more guards.
> Every once in a while, one of your /troollies/ makes it out
> and into the groups where the *serious* things are being
> discussed. :p
>
> (Oh, and get a couple of dogs too! :p)

Oh, we purposely have the fence set low, so that trolls who
violate parole can return. One already has. :-)

http://tinyurl.com/5fyhev

[quote]
Hadron wrote:
>> It IS because of him and two other useless people in
>> particular (CBFalconer and Harold "old school" Stevens
>> (probably both Willy nyms) that I started to drift from the
>> Ubuntu fan boy zone.

"I got my ass kicked up around my shoulders in AOLU, so in a lame
attempt to hide the ass-kicking I received and deserved, I puffed
out my hollow chest, chortled 'victory' and acted like I walked
away from the group."
[/quote]

--
HPT

Jarda

Feb 7, 2009, 5:52:26 PM2/7/09
High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Hon from China - Master Troll wrote:
>
>> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school
>> and also at the college because they claim it is responsible
>> for the hacking virus that we get all the time.
>>
>> I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
>> Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?
>> Thank You.
>> Hon
>
> [headers]
> Sender: Borked Pseudo Mailed <nob...@pseudo.borked.net>
> Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address
> above. It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer
> software. Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
> remailer administrator at <ad...@pseudo.borked.net>.
> $xE$h&Kjg@6-s8\aR,(o3Z]m)d.cAU-y!i/G'}}$WId

8Uh3TpmTQSRis6,U`NQ8IWIda}W:tIo=Bb
> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 03:16:59 -0700 (MST)
> [/headers]
>
> Most likely user agent is spoofed.
>
> Using an anonymising remailer, smells flatfishy ....

The only reasonable way to mail anything when you live in China and
don't want to be thrown out of your school or end up as a slave in a
concentration camp.

--
Remove the 77 from my address to reply by e-mail!

ArameFarpado

Feb 9, 2009, 7:22:36 PM2/9/09
Em Quarta, 4 de Fevereiro de 2009 13:41, JEDIDIAH escreveu:

> On 2009-02-04, Hon from China - Master Troll <sa...@comp.lang.c> wrote:
>> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at
>> the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus
>> that we get all the time.
>
> ...is there something out there automatically reposting articles?
>
> This sounds vaguely familiar, like a rerun.

don't you see he is "the master troll" ?

Mark Madsen

Feb 10, 2009, 9:26:05 AM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:22:36 +0000, ArameFarpado wrote:

>> This sounds vaguely familiar, like a rerun.
>>

> don't you see he is "the master troll" ?

Hardly. This is a persistent low-grade troll. The infrequent high-grade
trolls are the true masters. This one doesn't have the skill to qualify
as an apprentice.

Michael C

Mar 8, 2009, 4:15:55 PM3/8/09

LOL, I should do that for my school too. They disallow everything not mac
or windows from connecting to their network. Ironically, this is an
american private school. But, I don't rally care and use Linux with tor.

Nasaki