Calendar design apps?

bad sector

Dec 29, 2023, 9:12:43 PM12/29/23

I want to pick any month in any year and select the 1st weekday, the
font (mostly very bold) and spacing (mostly tight) for a printable
calendar page. Anyone know of such an application?

Lew Pitcher

Dec 30, 2023, 7:47:07 PM12/30/23
I don't know of a dedicated calendar creation app like you ask for, but
I have used the digiKam (https://www.digikam.org/) "calendar creation tool"
to create printable calendars.

Perhaps digiKam will satisfy your calendar printing requirement.

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills We Trust"

maus

Dec 31, 2023, 3:45:56 AM12/31/23
Again, Ta for all the answers. I regard Debian as a stable, organizable
tool, and see no reason to use anything other. A lot of the deritives
are organized for people who yearn to Windows.

--
grey...@mail.com
Are there no jails, no lockdowns?

bad sector

Dec 31, 2023, 10:55:12 AM12/31/23
Thank you. It wasn't installed, so I tried it and it looks promising but
no cigar. I need displayed and/or saved image files of just the calendar
month, no other images as such, spacing control and all that. I may have
to get out my Perl reference book and write something up using tables
and maybe some calendering formulae ...haven't coded in like 20 years :-)

bad sector

Dec 31, 2023, 11:35:05 AM12/31/23
this French site has almost exactly what I want to generate for any
month, any year

https://www.calendrier-imprimer.fr/calendriers/2024/calendrier-mensuel-2024-modele-01.png

but WITHOUT anything that is not the 1-31 numbers and twice as bold,
maybe just a simple border.

There are many on-line sites but I'm not interested in *signing up*
anywhere

Lord Master

Jan 5, 2024, 1:09:16 PMJan 5
Pcal is what you are seeking:

https://pcal.sourceforge.net/

CLI only. No GUI front end.

bad sector

Jan 5, 2024, 3:17:00 PMJan 5
Amazing! 1991! That was shortly after the years when
my late brother had paid over $600 for a legit and huge
stack of 5 inch UNIX floppies, my wife bought me my
first Amiga for Xmas, and I had yet to discover Linux
and the internet. There's an entry in the help file
that says
*credit where credit is due*
sure sounds more than appropriate. Thanks.
It hit some errors installing but it does work!
pcal > test.ps produces the default calendar page
file.

bad sector

Jan 5, 2024, 3:44:24 PMJan 5
On 1/5/24 13:09, Lord Master wrote:
here's another

# cal 01 2024

and just Cntl+ to increase the font size at will
before doing a screen capture

Farley Flud

Jan 5, 2024, 4:06:20 PMJan 5
On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 15:16:48 -0500, bad sector wrote:

>> https://pcal.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> CLI only. No GUI front end.
>
> Amazing! 1991!

Where do you get "1991" from?

The latest pcal version was released in 2007.

It is written in the C language and its output is
PostScript, neither of which have "aged" or are
obsolete.

I like pcal because I can print calendars with weeks
that begin on Monday (or any other day) which is in
contrast to the common standard.

bad sector

Jan 5, 2024, 5:05:14 PMJan 5
On 1/5/24 16:06, Farley Flud wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 15:16:48 -0500, bad sector wrote:
>

>>> https://pcal.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>>> CLI only. No GUI front end.
>>
>> Amazing! 1991!
>>

> Where do you get "1991" from?

readme.txt:
"Andrew W. Rogers
08 December 1991"

> I like pcal because I can print calendars with weeks
> that begin on Monday (or any other day) which is in
> contrast to the common standard.

you can do that with "cal -m" also but there's
no doubt that pcal is *it*, got some reading
to do to

- get numbers centered and spacing
increased 50% around bold numerals.

- one outer frame and no grid lines