HLT command in Linux

Wizard DontuWishuKnew

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
I'm running Mandrake Linux 5.3 and KDE 1.1 my problem is when I start KDE i
have flcikering around my icons and any stationary objects I believe this
has something to do with the HLT command ran by Linux to cool the chip down
(because when I run CpuIdle in windows I get the same results) does anyone
know how to disable HLT or any other way to fix this problem?

System:
AMD K6 233Mhz
64MB EDO Ram
2.1 HDD
ATI RAGE II+DVD (2MB RAM)

Thanks,
Wes

--
America: A nation of sheep, run by wolves, owned by pigs.