Distro Poll, what do you use?

Niall Munro

Apr 30, 2007, 7:01:14 AM4/30/07
What distro does everyone out there use?

I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

treehugger

Apr 30, 2007, 8:27:14 AM4/30/07
Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Mepis 6.5 at this time.

Dan C

Apr 30, 2007, 8:48:20 AM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

How could anyone possibly know what everyone uses?

> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

I use Slackware.

Rodney Kelp

Apr 30, 2007, 5:11:18 AM4/30/07
Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

I use openSUSE 10.2 on 2 desktops with 10.1 dual boot backup. I use
openSuse 10.2 with Windows Media Center dual boot on my laptop. Linux
is my main system and Windows is my toy, the opposite of when I first
started when Windows was my main system and Linux was the toy.

abelenda

Apr 30, 2007, 9:19:56 AM4/30/07
Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Gentoo Linux on a Macbook core duo and an AMD64.

Steve Ackman

Apr 30, 2007, 9:07:17 AM4/30/07
In <_%jZh.97780$ne6....@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, on Mon, 30 Apr
2007 11:01:14 GMT, Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Xubuntu 6.10 (wife's desk)
Debian 4.0 (my desk)
FreeBSD 6.1 (web, mail, news, print server)

Davorin Vlahovic

Apr 30, 2007, 10:18:56 AM4/30/07
On 2007-04-30, Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Debian.

--
Najveca moc u fizici je moci staviti minus tamo gdje ti treba.
The greatest special power in physics is to be able to place the

toll

Apr 30, 2007, 10:50:17 AM4/30/07
centos and live-cds knoppix,berry, and puppy

"Davorin Vlahovic" <nr...@ylf.krs.ref.rh> wrote in message

J.O. Aho

Apr 30, 2007, 11:05:00 AM4/30/07
Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Sparc 64bit (32bit userland)
PowerPC 32bit
x86
x86_64

--

//Aho

ray

Apr 30, 2007, 11:27:18 AM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Ubuntu
Gentoo
Elive
Gparted
and Knoppix

mostly.

toll

Apr 30, 2007, 12:08:51 PM4/30/07
oh yeah, yellowdog ppc and with any luck
slackintosh if the hardware supports.

"toll" <m...@toll.ca> wrote in message

EOS

Apr 30, 2007, 12:18:58 PM4/30/07

4 x openSUSE 10.2 @ 32 bit
--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be

Uncle Jean

Apr 30, 2007, 4:36:24 PM4/30/07
"Niall Munro" told the uncle and all the others:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Ark Linux is installed on my computer but I really like
Knoppix too.

--
Uncle Jean

Michael Heiming

Apr 30, 2007, 4:56:13 PM4/30/07
In alt.os.linux Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com>:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

On the box I am typing, there is CentOS 5 running.

mail: echo zvp...@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 278: The Dilithium Crystals need to be rotated.

Luca

Apr 30, 2007, 6:25:49 PM4/30/07
Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Home: SuSe 10.0, waiting for 10.3 to drop before I switch.

At work, OpenSuSe 10.2 (for me) and XP (for work) on a dual-boot.

Luca

paul_s

Apr 30, 2007, 6:40:14 PM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

Slackware 11.0

paul_s

Richard Steiner

Apr 30, 2007, 11:11:17 PM4/30/07
Here in alt.os.linux, Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com> spake unto us, saying:

>What distro does everyone out there use?

Right now? Mandrake, Puppy, DSL, and Coyote on various boxes.

The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

sk8-365

Apr 30, 2007, 10:51:06 PM4/30/07
Niall Munro remarked to all ...

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Debian 4 (x86)
--
sk8-365

Koster, H

May 1, 2007, 12:13:54 AM5/1/07
Op Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, schreef Niall Munro:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, Suse 9.2, Debian Etch (4.0)
tried Fedora, Puppy and Damn Small

well thats rather mainstream according to the distrowatch popularity
list ;-)

--
greetz,
Henk Koster jr.

Elvish

May 1, 2007, 2:23:35 AM5/1/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Suse 10.2_64 and lovin' it!

Walter Mautner

May 1, 2007, 4:38:57 AM5/1/07
Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

Main distribution here is Mandriva (@home it's more a cooker and at
workplace spring) but I also have ubuntu feisty and kanotix (trying to set
up a vdr these days)

Moog

May 1, 2007, 5:25:54 AM5/1/07
"Niall Munro" illuminated the devils arse on Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14
GMT by typing:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

I use Ubuntu 7.04 as my main distro.

I also use VM's of Solaris, Fedora Core, WinXP and FreeBSD from within
Ubuntu (very rarely, I hasten to add).

--
Moog

http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
"Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"

Stuart Miller

May 1, 2007, 2:59:37 PM5/1/07

"Niall Munro" <ad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Mandriva ( Mandrake ) 2006 / 2007 on 4 machines here
Knoppix live cd for troubleshooting & testing new ideas

Stuart

m.s.w

May 1, 2007, 3:13:06 PM5/1/07
ls Niall Munro pisze:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

At home on destkop/server computer I use Gentoo.

m.s.w

King Beowulf

May 1, 2007, 6:47:50 PM5/1/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Slamd64 11
Slackware 11
Slackintosh to refurbish a G3 blue and white (when I get some time).

mcingan

May 2, 2007, 2:09:13 AM5/2/07
On Apr 30, 4:01 am, Niall Munro <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

I am using Ubuntu. Also Kubuntu, openbox, blackbox. xubuntu, and
enlightenment.

r.oel...@gmail.com

May 2, 2007, 8:52:40 AM5/2/07
On Apr 30, 6:01 am, Niall Munro <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?

Ubuntu 7.04 and 6.10, on all three of my computers (two PCs and a
laptop).

Michael Fierro

May 2, 2007, 1:50:35 PM5/2/07
On 2007-04-30, Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com> rambled on thusly:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Xubuntu (Feisty) on my main desktop, Debian 3.something on our file/mail/TiVo
server.

--
Michael Fierro (aka Biffster) biff...@NOSPAM-REALLYgmail.com
http://apt-get.biffster.org Y!: miguelito_fierro AIM: mfierro1

Dan C

May 2, 2007, 3:19:40 PM5/2/07
On Tue, 01 May 2007 23:09:13 -0700, mcingan wrote:

> I am using Ubuntu. Also Kubuntu, openbox, blackbox. xubuntu, and
> enlightenment.

No you're not.

You're using Windoze. See?

Dan C

May 2, 2007, 3:20:33 PM5/2/07
On Wed, 02 May 2007 05:52:40 -0700, beo...@ancients.net wrote:

> Ubuntu 7.04 and 6.10, on all three of my computers (two PCs and a
> laptop).

Ummm......

Right.....

Moog

May 2, 2007, 4:56:52 PM5/2/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 02 May 2007 14:19:40 -0500
by typing:

> You're using Windoze. See?

What on earth does this achieve?

It is perfectly feasible that people read and participate in usenet
newsgroups from a different computer such as a Work PC or a family
member for instance. Windows and Linux are *not* mutually exclusive.

I use windows too, occasionally. If you ever pull me up on it, I'll wipe
the bloody floor with you. ;-)

Moog

May 2, 2007, 5:01:24 PM5/2/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 02 May 2007 14:20:33 -0500
by typing:

> Ummm......

> Right.....

Google groups dude. It's well known for incorrect header fills.

John Hasler

May 2, 2007, 5:59:45 PM5/2/07
Moog writes:
> What on earth does this achieve?

It demonstrates that Dan C is an ass. Please ignore him.
--
John Hasler
jo...@dhh.gt.org

noalternative

May 2, 2007, 8:39:17 PM5/2/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

xubuntu 6.06

--
Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."

Dan N

May 2, 2007, 8:56:41 PM5/2/07
On Wed, 02 May 2007 14:19:40 -0500, Dan C wrote:

> You're using Windoze. See?

So what?

Dan N

Aaron Gray

May 2, 2007, 10:09:09 AM5/2/07
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Fedora Core 6 32 bit on development machine it dual boots with Vista
Fedora Core 6 32 bit on test laptop it dual boots with Windows XP
Fedora Core 5 32 bit on main server
Fedora Core 4 32 bit on the backup server.

Aaron

Leo Bing Whiteway

May 2, 2007, 11:01:20 PM5/2/07
Niall Munro wrote:
> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.
I am posting in Slackware 11 but I also have installed here Vector, Gentoo,
Mepis, SuSE, Vitalinux, Fedora, and Mandriva.
I keep trying them to compare but still like Slackware best.

--
Leo in Canada:
If Microsoft is the question, then LINUX is the answer.

Dan C

May 2, 2007, 11:27:00 PM5/2/07
On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:56:52 +0100, Moog wrote:

>> You're using Windoze. See?

> What on earth does this achieve?

Why on earth did you snip out the other part of my post, which provided
the context? Did you do it to try to make a point, and to try and make me
look bad?

He said "I am using Ubuntu...", and I (correctly) pointed out that he was
not. What's your problem?

Dan C

May 2, 2007, 11:28:24 PM5/2/07
On Wed, 02 May 2007 16:59:45 -0500, John Hasler wrote:

>> What on earth does this achieve?

> It demonstrates that Dan C is an ass. Please ignore him.

Oh, look! It's a little whiny bitch punk chiming in with a cheap shot for
no good reason.

You forgot to add the "<AOL>" and "<me_too!> tags to your post.

Pussy.

Dan C

May 2, 2007, 11:29:27 PM5/2/07
On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:56:41 +0800, Dan N wrote:

>> You're using Windoze. See?

> So what?

(conveniently) snipped out. See if you can answer your own question...

Duh.

Dan C

May 2, 2007, 11:30:41 PM5/2/07
On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:01:24 +0100, Moog wrote:

>> Right.....

> Google groups dude. It's well known for incorrect header fills.

Horsefeathers.

Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting Linux
user would ever do such a lame thing.

Ohmster

May 3, 2007, 12:01:26 AM5/3/07
Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:_%jZh.97780$ne6.78452
@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Fedora Core 6

[ohmster@ohmster ~]$ uname -a
Linux ohmster 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 18:46:45 EDT 2007 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[ohmster@ohmster ~]$

--
~Ohmster
ohmster at ohmster dot com

Moog

May 3, 2007, 1:58:03 AM5/3/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 02 May 2007 22:30:41 -0500
by typing:

> > Google groups dude. It's well known for incorrect header fills.
>
> Horsefeathers.

No thanks. I've just eaten

> Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting
> Linux user would ever do such a lame thing.

Do you know what, making this a them versus us situation makes
absolutely no sense at all.
If people want to use windows, that's OK by me. I can also understand
why people would use googlegroups. For instance, posting behind some
corporate networks. Making assumptions doesn't help anyone.

Moog

May 3, 2007, 2:04:19 AM5/3/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 02 May 2007 22:27:00 -0500
by typing:

> >> You're using Windoze. See?
>
> > What on earth does this achieve?
>
> Why on earth did you snip out the other part of my post, which
> provided the context?

Because the context is perfectly obvious from the subject heading.

> Did you do it to try to make a point, and to try and make me look
> bad?

No. I was simply pointing out that people can feasibly co-exist using
many operating systems. You seem to be on some sort of crusade to point
out peoples user-agent headers. Why? I've no idea. It is completely
irrelevant.

> He said "I am using Ubuntu...", and I (correctly) pointed out that he
> was not. What's your problem?

How do you know he isn't using Ubuntu? How do you know he isn't running
windows from within a Virtualisation? How do you know he isn't posting
from an internet cafe or a workplace whilst all of his personal machines
*do* run Ubuntu?

You assume from peoples headers. Well done. Trying to make it "win v
linux" doesn't achieve anything at all.

Pete

May 3, 2007, 10:01:04 AM5/3/07

"Niall Munro" <ad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Formerly Ubuntu. Now Debian.

Pete

May 3, 2007, 10:15:10 AM5/3/07
Just a note:

I too have been victimized by Dan C. in another forum.
I think he's 12 years old with an infinite amount of time.

-Pete

r.oel...@gmail.com

May 3, 2007, 1:15:22 PM5/3/07
On May 2, 3:56 pm, Moog <efcm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is perfectly feasible that people read and participate in usenet
> newsgroups from a different computer such as a Work PC or a family
> member for instance. Windows and Linux are *not* mutually exclusive.
>
> I use windows too, occasionally. If you ever pull me up on it, I'll wipe
> the bloody floor with you. ;-)

Exactly. I "upgraded" my laptop Ubuntu just the other day, which of
course wiped out my linuxant wifi driver, forcing me to dual boot into
WinXP at the coffee shop, where of course I made a posting to this
newsgroup. Geez, some people (i.e. DanC) really need to lighten up a
little. Oh yeah, I also boot into and use WindowsXP exclusively for
video and audio editing, using Sony Vegas and Sony Acid PRO; there
just is nothing comparable that works with my PC that is open source
for linux (please let's not go there, that has been discussed by me
here already at length; kino, avidemux, jashaka, etc, just do not work
smoothly with high def video and with drag and drop effects and dolby
surround sound as Sony software does.).

Andy Fraser

May 3, 2007, 1:33:28 PM5/3/07
Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

Ubuntu 7.04 but only switched to Ubuntu recently. I was using Fedora
Core 6 before Feisty Fawn came out.

--
Andy.

Koster, H

May 3, 2007, 2:52:22 PM5/3/07
Op Wed, 02 May 2007 22:30:41 -0500, schreef Dan C:

>>> Right.....
>> Google groups dude. It's well known for incorrect header fills.
> Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting Linux
> user would ever do such a lame thing.

Yeah, but nowadays GG sends NNTP-Posting-Host: information in the header,
too.

--
groet,
Henk Koster jr.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~qqoopp/foss.htm

Michael Fierro

May 3, 2007, 5:12:57 PM5/3/07
On 2007-05-03, Dan C <youmust...@lan.invalid> rambled on thusly:

> On Wed, 02 May 2007 16:59:45 -0500, John Hasler wrote:

>>> What on earth does this achieve?
>
>> It demonstrates that Dan C is an ass. Please ignore him.

> Oh, look! It's a little whiny bitch punk chiming in with a cheap shot for
> no good reason.

No, I agree with John. Your statement was another demonstration of your
assholishness...

Michael Fierro

May 3, 2007, 5:18:00 PM5/3/07
On 2007-05-03, Dan C <youmust...@lan.invalid> rambled on thusly:

> Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting Linux

> user would ever do such a lame thing.

Sheesh, dude, why this need to be better than others? Did you get beaten up
by girls on the playground or something?

--
Michael Fierro (aka Biffster) biff...@NOSPAM-REALLYgmail.com
http://apt-get.biffster.org Y!: miguelito_fierro AIM: mfierro1

--
"Thank you, Brigadier. But do you think for once in your life you
could manage to arrive BEFORE the nick of time?"

Dan C

May 3, 2007, 9:27:51 PM5/3/07
On Thu, 03 May 2007 10:15:10 -0400, Pete wrote:

> I too have been victimized by Dan C. in another forum.

"Victimized"??? Victimized? WTF are you talking about?

I bet you're a liberal Democrat, right? You morons can't live without
*somebody* being a victim, and it's best if it's you. Right?

> I think he's 12 years old with an infinite amount of time.

Wrong again, clueless Win-droid. Bugger off.

Dan C

May 3, 2007, 9:31:41 PM5/3/07
On Thu, 03 May 2007 07:04:19 +0100, Moog wrote:

>> He said "I am using Ubuntu...", and I (correctly) pointed out that he
>> was not. What's your problem?

> How do you know he isn't using Ubuntu?

Because he's posting from Windoze. Simple, eh?

> How do you know he isn't running windows from within a Virtualisation?

Whatever. It's still running Windoze, and he claimed to be running
Ubuntu. You can't understand that?

> How do you know he isn't posting from an internet cafe or a workplace
> whilst all of his personal machines *do* run Ubuntu?

Because he said: "I am running Ubuntu". See the word "am"? That means
*present tense*, and he was posting from Windoze. Got it?

> You assume from peoples headers.

I'm not assuming anything. I simply read the info in the headers, which
is simple factual information.

Stay in school, simpleton.

Dan C

May 3, 2007, 9:33:23 PM5/3/07
On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:52:22 +0200, Koster, H wrote:

>> Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting Linux
>> user would ever do such a lame thing.

> Yeah, but nowadays GG sends NNTP-Posting-Host: information in the header,
> too.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Sheesh.

Dan C

May 3, 2007, 9:34:51 PM5/3/07
On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:18:00 -0500, Michael Fierro wrote:

>> Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting Linux
>> user would ever do such a lame thing.

> Sheesh, dude, why this need to be better than others?

Huh? Where did you dream up that assumption?

> Did you get beaten up by girls on the playground or something?

No.

Fix your signature block. It exceeds accepted Netiquette standards for
length.

King Beowulf

May 3, 2007, 11:21:12 PM5/3/07
Moog wrote:
> "Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 02 May 2007 14:19:40 -0500
> by typing:

>> You're using Windoze. See?
>
> What on earth does this achieve?

He's an ass who knows not that headers are meaningless.

> It is perfectly feasible that people read and participate in usenet
> newsgroups from a different computer such as a Work PC or a family
> member for instance. Windows and Linux are *not* mutually exclusive.
>
> I use windows too, occasionally. If you ever pull me up on it, I'll wipe
> the bloody floor with you. ;-)

Agreed. Its about the best tool for the job. If I could get some of my games
running under Wine, I could drop winxp.beut heck it'll still be at work.

I like you User Agent line: "My rims never spin. To the contrary. You'll find
they're quite stationary"

What a hoot.

Message has been deleted

King Beowulf

May 3, 2007, 11:31:57 PM5/3/07
Leo Bing Whiteway wrote:
> Niall Munro wrote:
>> What distro does everyone out there use?
>>
>> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.
> I am posting in Slackware 11 but I also have installed here Vector,
> Gentoo, Mepis, SuSE, Vitalinux, Fedora, and Mandriva.
> I keep trying them to compare but still like Slackware best.

You and me both. I lost track of how many distros I've tried and have always gone
back to slack. Some of the slack based distros have left me unimpressed except for
SLAMD64. I also hoping to have time to try out Slackintosh on the Powermac G3
(bought it for $60US with fedora on it..ugh).

Stuart Miller

May 3, 2007, 11:43:17 PM5/3/07

"Dan C" <youmust...@lan.invalid> wrote in message

> On Thu, 03 May 2007 07:04:19 +0100, Moog wrote:
>
>>> He said "I am using Ubuntu...", and I (correctly) pointed out that he
>>> was not. What's your problem?
>
>> How do you know he isn't using Ubuntu?
>
> Because he's posting from Windoze. Simple, eh?
>
>> How do you know he isn't running windows from within a Virtualisation?
>
> Whatever. It's still running Windoze, and he claimed to be running
> Ubuntu. You can't understand that?
>
>> How do you know he isn't posting from an internet cafe or a workplace
>> whilst all of his personal machines *do* run Ubuntu?
>
> Because he said: "I am running Ubuntu". See the word "am"? That means
> *present tense*, and he was posting from Windoze. Got it?

Please wake up a bit. I don't see the words 'on this machine' anywhere.

I 'am' runing linux (on 4 machines) and winxp(on 2) and win98 (on 2).
I am not present at each machine all the time, and several of them dual
boot.

No secret that this one is running xp today.

>> You assume from peoples headers.
>
> I'm not assuming anything. I simply read the info in the headers, which
> is simple factual information.
>
> Stay in school, simpleton.
>

> --
> "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

I would suggest that 'thinking clearly' is too hard for you.

Stuart

Christopher Hunter

May 4, 2007, 12:36:40 AM5/4/07
Dan C wrote:

> Because he's posting from Windoze. Simple, eh?

/I/ have Windows partitions on two of my test machines, with good reason: I
work (sometimes) at porting Linux applications to Windows. This is done to
showcase the quality of Linux applications, to tempt Windows users towards
FOSS. It also demonstrates to them that migration won't be difficult,
particularly if they've already used the software under that other
"operating system".

I have the Windows partitions purely for testing purposes, and wouldn't
dream of connecting them to the outside world, apart from downloading
"Service Packs" and "Hot Fixes" to make sure that their "updates" don't
break compatibility.

>> How do you know he isn't running windows from within a Virtualisation?
>
> Whatever. It's still running Windoze, and he claimed to be running
> Ubuntu. You can't understand that?

You obviously don't understand the concept of virtualisation. Also, I can
send any header data I like with a newsgroup posting or e-mail - it /might/
not actually reflect the software and operating system at all.

> Because he said: "I am running Ubuntu". See the word "am"? That means
> *present tense*, and he was posting from Windoze. Got it?

You're now resorting to your silly attempts at semantic analysis again. You
should (by now) realise that you've *lost* *the* *argument* when you have
to stoop this low.

> Stay in school, simpleton.

Perhaps /you/ should consider some education (yours is obviously sadly
lacking) and some etiquette training (you lack basic manners).

You should learn to refrain from diving into other people's debates with
your unreasoning ranting - it just gets you widely killfiled!

Another poster to this thread suggested that you were a malevolent twelve
year old with a lot of time on your hands: I would suggest that you're a
rather under-achieving, unemployed, middle-aged person with a huge
inferiority complex.

C.

Dan C

May 4, 2007, 1:38:24 AM5/4/07
On Fri, 04 May 2007 04:36:40 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

<snip some completely irrelevant stuff about why you use Windoze>

>>> How do you know he isn't running windows from within a Virtualisation?

>> Whatever. It's still running Windoze, and he claimed to be running
>> Ubuntu. You can't understand that?

> You obviously don't understand the concept of virtualisation.

I understand it just fine. Nice try at a personal attack, though.

> Also, I can send any header data I like with a newsgroup posting or
> e-mail - it /might/
> not actually reflect the software and operating system at all.

No kidding. I can do that too. It has no bearing on this conversation,
because the OP was clearly not trying to fool anyone.

>> Because he said: "I am running Ubuntu". See the word "am"? That
>> means *present tense*, and he was posting from Windoze. Got it?

> You're now resorting to your silly attempts at semantic analysis again.
> You should (by now) realise that you've *lost* *the* *argument* when you
> have to stoop this low.

Very poor logic you used there to arrive at your conclusion that I've
"lost the argument". Using proper English is a "silly attempt at semantic
analysis" in your view?

I'll recap it for you: He said "I am using...". That means he is using
it *right now*. If he meant to say he had it installed (on some other
machine), he should/would have said: "I use...". See the difference?

>> Stay in school, simpleton.

> Perhaps /you/ should consider some education (yours is obviously sadly
> lacking) and some etiquette training (you lack basic manners).

Very funny coming from someone who can't understand basic English tense
usage. I'm highly educated, and I don't care much about "etiquette
training", FYI. You probably already knew that.

> You should learn to refrain from diving into other people's debates with
> your unreasoning ranting - it just gets you widely killfiled!

Unreasoning ranting. Great stuff. See above regarding English... Oh, and
take a guess about how much I care about killfiles...

> Another poster to this thread suggested that you were a malevolent
> twelve year old with a lot of time on your hands: I would suggest that
> you're a rather under-achieving, unemployed, middle-aged person with a
> huge inferiority complex.

You'd be as wrong as he is. I bet you're getting used to being wrong by
now, though, huh?

Bugger off.

Dan C

May 4, 2007, 1:41:09 AM5/4/07
On Thu, 03 May 2007 21:21:12 -0600, King Beowulf wrote:

>> What on earth does this achieve?

> He's an ass who knows not that headers are meaningless.

You're as clueless as he is, Win-droid n00b. They tell me a whole lot
about you.

> I like you User Agent line: "My rims never spin. To the contrary.
> You'll find they're quite stationary"

You're easily amused, aren't you?

> What a hoot.

What a galoot.

Moog

May 4, 2007, 4:44:59 AM5/4/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Thu, 03 May 2007 20:31:41 -0500
by typing:

<snip>

> I'm not assuming anything. I simply read the info in the headers,
> which is simple factual information.
>
> Stay in school, simpleton.

Aaah. What a wonderful response.

You are a presumptious, self-important, poorly armed, usenet warrior. I
pointed out you're inane ways and instead of counter-argument, you
misinterpret the whole thread to fit your bizarre agenda.

Well done. Feel proud of yourself and then fcuk off.

You are wasting my time.

Moog

May 4, 2007, 4:51:21 AM5/4/07
"King Beowulf" illuminated the devils arse on Thu, 03 May 2007 21:21:12
-0600 by typing:

> Moog wrote:
> > "Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 02 May 2007 14:19:40
> > -0500 by typing:

> >> You're using Windoze. See?
> >
> > What on earth does this achieve?
>
> He's an ass who knows not that headers are meaningless.

He's also a self important gobshite.

> > It is perfectly feasible that people read and participate in usenet
> > newsgroups from a different computer such as a Work PC or a family
> > member for instance. Windows and Linux are *not* mutually exclusive.
> >
> > I use windows too, occasionally. If you ever pull me up on it, I'll
> > wipe the bloody floor with you. ;-)
> >
> Agreed. Its about the best tool for the job. If I could get some of
> my games running under Wine, I could drop winxp.beut heck it'll still
> be at work.

I don't really use games, but I simply *have* to have a virtualisation
of windows to use the accountancy package my firm runs. I occasionally
use that virtualisation for posting to usenet, creating emails etc, but
rarely. Windows has it's place. Running Linux is about the best thing I
ever did, but I'm not a blinkered fool that looks at windows at the
enemy. Co-existance is possible and, in fact, a must for me
personally. It's not that I actually want to do it, it's that there
are personal *benefits* to running multiple OS's.

> I like you User Agent line: "My rims never spin. To the contrary.
> You'll find they're quite stationary"

Weird Al Yankovic's "White and Nerdy". One of the best "cover songs"
ever created. ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

I can see a bit of Dan C in that video. ;-)

Moog

May 4, 2007, 4:53:45 AM5/4/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Fri, 04 May 2007 00:38:24 -0500
by typing:

> He said "I am using...". That means he is using it *right now*.

*cuckoo*

And in the words of the fcukwit of this thread....
"Stay in school, simpleton."

caver1

May 4, 2007, 8:49:10 AM5/4/07

> Another poster to this thread suggested that you were a malevolent twelve
> year old with a lot of time on your hands: I would suggest that you're a
> rather under-achieving, unemployed, middle-aged person with a huge
> inferiority complex.
>
> C.

I think you have to add that he has no respect for others. Yes this is
from XP but my Linux machines are being used by my wife and daughter
right now.

Lyle H. Gray

May 4, 2007, 1:02:51 PM5/4/07
Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Gentoo 2006.1 here, workstation for personal use. 32 bit kernel.

I also have a Knoppix CD for troubleshooting other folks' hardware problems.

Andy Fraser

May 4, 2007, 1:14:12 PM5/4/07
A. Nonymoose <SendJun...@hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
> Even though I'm posting this from a Windows box (don't flame me!),

I'm posting from a Mac running OS X ATM so you won't get any flames from
me. :-)

> when I
> use Linux I use the Suse 10 distro.

We tried SuSE at work today. We're hoping to switch our developers
machine to Linux at some point in the future. It didn't work well for us
but then neither did Ubuntu. I'll try CentOS next week. :-)

--
Andy.

Michael Fierro

May 4, 2007, 2:02:54 PM5/4/07
On 2007-05-04, Dan C <youmust...@lan.invalid> rambled on thusly:

>>> Besides, only drooling Win-droids post from GG. No self-respecting Linux
>>> user would ever do such a lame thing.
>
>> Sheesh, dude, why this need to be better than others?

> Huh? Where did you dream up that assumption?

Didn't dream it up. Between your constant need to belittle all n00bs and
Windows users, you make it very clear that you have a massive inferiority
complex. That you don't want to actually admit it is not surprising. I just
wonder if you're trying to hide it from everyone else or yourself.

>> Did you get beaten up by girls on the playground or something?

> No.

Something happened to make you feel inferior to everyone else, or you
wouldn't constantly need to try and belittle everyone to make yourself feel
superior...

> Fix your signature block. It exceeds accepted Netiquette standards for
> length.

The 4-line signature length is a recommendation, not a rule. Though thanks
for making me take a look at my sig; I just realized that this quote has a
typo in it. I'll have to fix that in the fortune file...

--
Michael Fierro (aka Biffster) biff...@NOSPAM-REALLYgmail.com
http://apt-get.biffster.org Y!: miguelito_fierro AIM: mfierro1
--

"Sure Homer, I can loan you all the money you need. However, since
you have no collateral....I'm gonna have to break your legs...in

"Gosh, Moe, I use these all the time% couldn't you just bash my
head in?"

--Moe and Homer

King Beowulf

May 4, 2007, 2:28:24 PM5/4/07
Moog wrote:
> "-----------snip-------------

> Weird Al Yankovic's "White and Nerdy". One of the best "cover songs"
> ever created. ;-)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw
>
> I can see a bit of Dan C in that video. ;-)

ha ha too true. I've bee a fan of weird al since the early 80's. got my kids hooked
too to my wife's displeasure.

Whirled Peas

May 4, 2007, 10:09:29 PM5/4/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

Currently dual booting: Arch Linux & Ubuntu 7.04

Moog

May 5, 2007, 3:40:07 AM5/5/07
"King Beowulf" illuminated the devils arse on Fri, 04 May 2007 12:28:24
-0600 by typing:

> > Weird Al Yankovic's "White and Nerdy". One of the best "cover songs"
> > ever created. ;-)
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw
> >
> > I can see a bit of Dan C in that video. ;-)
> >

> ha ha too true. I've bee a fan of weird al since the early 80's.
> got my kids hooked too to my wife's displeasure.

You're as bad as me. My 4 yr old daughter knows the words to "Fat" off
by heart.

Poor bloody parenting. It's the cause of all evils. Anyway, they may be
evil, but at least our kids know about the benefits of open source
software.

Joe

May 5, 2007, 9:30:53 AM5/5/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 GMT, Niall Munro <ad...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>What distro does everyone out there use?
>

>I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

Arch linux.. 10 boxes..

CMC

May 5, 2007, 7:10:13 PM5/5/07
>Niall Munro wrote:
>> What distro does everyone out there use?
>>
>> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

I am using Xandros 4.0 Home Premium edition.

Cheers,
Colin

SteveSch

May 5, 2007, 7:49:49 PM5/5/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:

> What distro does everyone out there use?

Debian sid.

I have used Slackware a little. I'd like to more but once you know a
distro, it's kind of a pain to think about switching. And Debian does most
everything I need.

Steve

JAM

May 6, 2007, 9:47:54 AM5/6/07
On May 2, 3:47 am, King Beowulf <kingbeow...@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:01:14 +0000, Niall Munro wrote:
> > What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> > I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.
>
> Slamd64 11
> Slackware 11
> Slackintosh to refurbish a G3 blue and white (when I get some time).

Yes Slackware is the best...I have uses Slackware10.2 and using
Slackware 11 these days...its kool..A perfect Linux based distro in my
view..Core 6 is also good but sometimes yum repositeries for some
packages really SUCK!!

Canned

May 7, 2007, 3:33:47 AM5/7/07
Niall Munro schreef:

> What distro does everyone out there use?
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 6 32 & 64 Bit versions.

I have openSUSE 10.2, Slackware 11 and Windows XP SP2. I use openSUSE
most of the time and I'm considering to switch to Slackware for it's
simplicity. I would like to buy Vista if I have enough money to buy it.

Dan C

May 9, 2007, 8:38:01 PM5/9/07
On Fri, 04 May 2007 09:44:59 +0100, Moog wrote:

> You are a presumptious, self-important, poorly armed, usenet warrior. I
> pointed out you're inane ways and instead of counter-argument, you
> misinterpret the whole thread to fit your bizarre agenda.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. I'll bet
you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You
are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than
be seen with you.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly
with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this
world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by
the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed
themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species
as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very
thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you.
You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the
dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its
beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly
briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of
your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of
your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty
and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.

Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are
unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that
reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease,
you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient
in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You
are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of
all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting
naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate,
noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise
everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid.
Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the
stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are
trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that
even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no
intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on
Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy
emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Nothing in our universe can really be
this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original
big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by
anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm
sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this,
you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength
left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about
unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

Dan C

May 9, 2007, 8:40:17 PM5/9/07
On Sat, 05 May 2007 08:40:07 +0100, Moog wrote:

> Poor bloody parenting. It's the cause of all evils. Anyway, they may be
> evil, but at least our kids know about the benefits of open source
> software.

They'll still grow up stupid, due to the sub-standard genes they're stuck
with.

Dan C

May 9, 2007, 8:41:55 PM5/9/07
On Sat, 05 May 2007 23:10:13 +0000, CMC wrote:

> I am using Xandros 4.0 Home Premium edition.

Ummmm......

Really?

sk8-365

May 9, 2007, 11:14:16 PM5/9/07
Dan C said:
<snip>

> I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this,
> you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength
> left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about
> unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

Dan C,
I think that's the most you've ever written, and your choice of
adjectives was excellent.

For the unknowing, adjectives are words that describe another person
or thing in a sentence.

--
sk8-365

Christopher Hunter

May 10, 2007, 12:38:34 AM5/10/07
sk8-365 wrote:

"Dan C" /didn't/ write that - it's a cut and paste of a flame that was
posted to Usenet before Dan C ever had a computer. He can't claim any
originality for it.

C.

Moog

May 10, 2007, 1:47:28 AM5/10/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 09 May 2007 19:40:17 -0500
by typing:

> > Poor bloody parenting. It's the cause of all evils. Anyway, they
> > may be evil, but at least our kids know about the benefits of open
> > source software.
>
> They'll still grow up stupid, due to the sub-standard genes they're
> stuck with.

Sub standard genes are preferential to you and your extra chromosome.

Moog

May 10, 2007, 1:50:17 AM5/10/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Wed, 09 May 2007 19:38:01 -0500
by typing:

<snip..>

> Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by
> anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm
> sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After
> this, you may not hear from me again for a while.

<shudder>
All that effort. So *little* substance.

See ya.

Moog

May 10, 2007, 2:21:52 AM5/10/07
"Christopher Hunter" illuminated the devils arse on Thu, 10 May 2007
04:38:34 GMT by typing:

> "Dan C" /didn't/ write that - it's a cut and paste of a flame that was
> posted to Usenet before Dan C ever had a computer. He can't claim any
> originality for it.

Oooh Plagiarism eh?

And why doesn't that surprise me?

sk8-365

May 10, 2007, 9:34:20 AM5/10/07
Christopher Hunter said:

> "Dan C" /didn't/ write that - it's a cut and paste of a flame that was
> posted to Usenet before Dan C ever had a computer. He can't claim any
> originality for it.

O.K; list your source please.

--
sk8-365

dillinger

May 10, 2007, 1:19:55 PM5/10/07

Pick any part and google for it, it gets you this:
http://www.getamused.com/jokes/018727.html , among others.

Michel

Stuart Miller

May 10, 2007, 2:09:54 PM5/10/07

> On Fri, 04 May 2007 09:44:59 +0100, Moog wrote:
>
>> You are a presumptious, self-important, poorly armed, usenet warrior. I
>> pointed out you're inane ways and instead of counter-argument, you
>> misinterpret the whole thread to fit your bizarre agenda.
>

> You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth.

8<---------------------------------

sound a lot like a new version of
You're a mean one, Mister Grinch

> --
> "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

Forget to sign this one?

Stuart

sk8-365

May 10, 2007, 2:40:42 PM5/10/07
dillinger said:

> Pick any part and google for it, it gets you this:
> http://www.getamused.com/jokes/018727.html , among others.

You are *exactly* right. Thank you!
--
sk8-365

Dan C

May 10, 2007, 10:48:59 PM5/10/07
On Thu, 10 May 2007 04:38:34 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> "Dan C" /didn't/ write that - it's a cut and paste of a flame that was
> posted to Usenet before Dan C ever had a computer. He can't claim any
> originality for it.

...And let's not forget that he *didn't* claim anything...

Dan C

May 10, 2007, 10:50:53 PM5/10/07
On Thu, 10 May 2007 06:50:17 +0100, Moog wrote:

> <shudder>
> All that effort. So *little* substance.

Not much effort at all. Just a cut-n-paste.

Here's another:

.-"" '.' ""-.
." .'. ".
/| .Q. |
/ | :|: |\
/ / . . \"\
/ / ,/: :\, \ "\
/ / / (_i_) \ \ "\
/ / /" | | "\ \ |
| / /" '-' "\ \."
|| / |/ \ \ \ \
|| ,'-./ \ |--. |
| \ \ / |
|\ \ | | /
\_^-\ \ | /
\ \ / /
\ \ / /
__\ \", / /__
/- | | \ / / ( -\
`~-._` ) / | -' _.-'

sk8-365

May 10, 2007, 11:00:36 PM5/10/07
Dan C said:

> .-"" '.' ""-.
> ." .'. ".
> /| .Q. |
> / | :|: |\
> / / . . \"\
> / / ,/: :\, \ "\
> / / / (_i_) \ \ "\
> / / /" | | "\ \ |
> | / /" '-' "\ \."
> || / |/ \ \ \ \
> || ,'-./ \ |--. |
> | \ \ / |
> |\ \ | | /
> \_^-\ \ | /
> \ \ / /
> \ \ / /
> __\ \", / /__
> /- | | \ / / ( -\
> `~-._` ) / | -' _.-'

Is that what they call asscii art?
--
sk8-365

Chris F.A. Johnson

May 10, 2007, 11:17:44 PM5/10/07

I think he's arseking for it! (Assking for it in the US.)

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, author | <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

Christopher Hunter

May 11, 2007, 12:31:33 AM5/11/07
Dan C wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2007 04:38:34 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
>
>> "Dan C" /didn't/ write that - it's a cut and paste of a flame that was
>> posted to Usenet before Dan C ever had a computer. He can't claim any
>> originality for it.
>
> ...And let's not forget that he *didn't* claim anything...

Talking about yourself in the third person? Weird!

C.

Moog

May 11, 2007, 1:17:27 AM5/11/07
"Dan C" illuminated the devils arse on Thu, 10 May 2007 21:50:53 -0500
by typing:

> Not much effort at all. Just a cut-n-paste.

<snip>
Fantastic.

I can see the way your mind works.

Dan C

May 11, 2007, 9:28:23 AM5/11/07
On Fri, 11 May 2007 04:31:33 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

>>> "Dan C" /didn't/ write that - it's a cut and paste of a flame that was
>>> posted to Usenet before Dan C ever had a computer. He can't claim any
>>> originality for it.

>> ...And let's not forget that he *didn't* claim anything...

> Talking about yourself in the third person? Weird!

That's all you got? Getting desperate for material after I stopped your
attempted personal attack in it's tracks, huh?

It was a weak attempt anyway. Bugger off, you bore me.

EOS

May 11, 2007, 10:31:20 AM5/11/07
Dan C wrote:

> Really?

it can, Forte Agent can run on linux based OS
Wine is the keyword ;-)
--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be
Running KDE 3.5.6 / openSUSE 10.2

Dan C

May 11, 2007, 12:26:28 PM5/11/07
On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:31:20 +0000, EOS wrote:

>> Really?

> it can, Forte Agent can run on linux based OS
> Wine is the keyword ;-)

No shit.

Lame.

Randy Yates

May 11, 2007, 12:37:10 PM5/11/07
I'm using FC6 as of two days ago. For 1+ years before that, FC4.

My philosophy of computers is that they should do what you want them
to do and not vice-versa. Hence I use linux/unices OS's.

I love unices' standardized network interfaces (ssh, x11, scp) that
give you now (and has for the last 25 years) standard access to your
machine and files anywhere there's internet, and ultimate
configurability, but I hate (at least with Fedora) the upgrade
nightmares.

PS: I came from Sun/Solaris at Ericsson about 10 years ago, and in
ancient history I used VAX/VMS (a very, very fine machine and OS, BTW)
and even <drum roll...> RSX-11M on a PDP-11/70. Wow! And yes, I used
the TRS-80 when it came out at school. I've also used HPUX, ISIS-II
(anyone know that one?), and MS-DOS.
--
% Randy Yates % "How's life on earth?
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % ... What is it worth?"

Dan C

May 11, 2007, 2:05:34 PM5/11/07
On Fri, 11 May 2007 12:37:10 -0400, Randy Yates wrote:

> My philosophy of computers is that they should do what you want them
> to do and not vice-versa. Hence I use linux/unices OS's.
>
> I love unices' standardized network interfaces (ssh, x11, scp) that
> give you now (and has for the last 25 years) standard access to your
> machine and files anywhere there's internet, and ultimate
> configurability, but I hate (at least with Fedora) the upgrade
> nightmares.

Sounds like you should be using Slackware, instead of that nasty Fedora
junk. Why are you not?

> PS: I came from Sun/Solaris at Ericsson about 10 years ago, and in
> ancient history I used VAX/VMS (a very, very fine machine and OS, BTW)
> and even <drum roll...> RSX-11M on a PDP-11/70. Wow! And yes, I used
> the TRS-80 when it came out at school. I've also used HPUX, ISIS-II
> (anyone know that one?), and MS-DOS.

http://www.slackware.com

It is loading more messages.