PSA: I was finally able to mirror iOS on my desktop computer (but I had to use USB)

Andy Burnelli

Jul 4, 2022, 1:28:49 PMJul 4
PSA: I was finally able to mirror iOS on my PC (but I had to use USB).

For those who have both Android & iOS, the Android cross-platform
functionality with Windows/macOS/Linux is more funcdtional, but the good
news is that you _can_ mirror your iOS device on any PC (over USB).
<https://i.postimg.cc/TYvqdxCT/vysor35.jpg> iOS & Android PC mirroring

The difference is that Android 12 and up does that mirroring completely
over Wi-Fi while iOS (and Android 11 and below) does it first using USB.
<https://i.postimg.cc/XY3qSqKC/vysor04.jpg> Vysor ADB USB setup switches

The advantage of Android is there's _more_ freeware out there that works
such as screen copy freeware (all mirror clipboard, mouse & keyboard).
<https://i.postimg.cc/xjz3V8Gs/vysor32.jpg> ScrCpy vs Vysor PC mirror

But, what matters most is that you too can freely mirror iOS on your PC.
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg> Apple iOS & Android mirroring

All you have to do to mirror iOS on your Windows (or macOS or Linux) PC is
a. Install Vysor freeware on your computer (macOS, Linux, or Windows)
<https://www.vysor.io/download/>
b. Install Vysor freeware on your iOS device
<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vysor/id1577813680>
c. Connect the two by USB & follow the prompts
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6X28fWJ/vysor18.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support

Note: Android works more automatically than iOS in that you don't need to
install _anything_ on the mobile device as it's automatically installed.
<https://i.postimg.cc/Njg6Xx3V/vysor33.jpg> Preparing Vysor on device
--
Posted out of the kindness of my heart to help others do what I can do,
and to have others who know more than I do about it, improve it for all.

nospam

Jul 4, 2022, 2:33:54 PMJul 4
In article <t9v80c$gb2$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> The difference is that Android 12 and up does that mirroring completely
> over Wi-Fi while iOS (and Android 11 and below) does it first using USB.

nope. ios can mirror over wifi *or* usb, the choice is up to the user.

except you, who is not smart enough to figure out how, despite being
told what to do.

> Note: Android works more automatically than iOS in that you don't need to
> install _anything_ on the mobile device as it's automatically installed.

same for ios.

Andy Burnelli

Jul 7, 2022, 12:07:46 PMJul 7
nospam wrote:

>> What I do when I'm in my office is the phone stays in my pocket while I
>> interact with it, answer calls, text and sms, read the web, watch NewPipe
>> (youtube client), etc.
>
> none of that needs mirroring.

Why do you always bullshit us, nospam?
*Why do you always fabricate imaginary functionality that never exists?*

If you think iOS can do these useful mac/linux/windows cross-platform
interactions that mirroring does over the LAN without a WAN and without
USB, then tell us which Windows/iOS freeware you claim is better than Vysor
for these typical jobs that mirroring does on our LAN.

1. Type on the iOS device using the keyboard attached to the PC
2. Manipulate the iOS device using the mouse attached to the PC
3. Share clipboards between the iOS device & the PC
4. Slide files back and forth between the iOS device & the PC
5. All over Wi-Fi on your LAN and without needing to use the USB cable
(and all with the iOS device firmly planted in your pocket,
or sitting on the charger if that's where you want it to be)

All of which Vysor does for mac/linux/windows PC users, nospam:
<https://www.vysor.io/vysor-desktop-site.jpg>

For those who want to be enlightened, here's a shot of mobile mirroring:
<https://www.vysor.io/vysor-desktop-site.jpg>

Meanwhile, the rest of the users on these three newsgroups (macOS, Windows,
and Linux) simply need to know that the _best_ free program to mirror
either iOS or Android onto the computer seems to be (based on my tests over
the past few months), Vysor. <https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg>

To always be helpful in every post, here's the macOS/Linux/Windows Vysor
<https://www.vysor.io/download/>

For whatever reason, you do need to also download Vysor onto your iOS
device, as iOS doesn't seem to be able to install a temporary IPA instead.
<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vysor/id1577813680>

It's super interesting that Vysor will install the APK (every time you
connect) onto Android (like a temporary virtual machine, sort of).
<https://i.postimg.cc/Njg6Xx3V/vysor33.jpg>

But if you don't want to wait each time the extra 30 seconds, you can
install the Android vysor APK onto your Android phone if you like; but bear
in mind Vysor installed that way has ads while the way I do it does not.
*Vysor - Android control on PC* by ClockworkMod
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.vysor>

For those of use who use the FOSS scrcpy freeware to mirror your Android
clipboard, screen, mouse and keyboard, it's the same thing as Vysor - but
it seems to be a tiny bit less reliable - but overall it's the same thing.
<https://i.postimg.cc/xjz3V8Gs/vysor32.jpg>

As for the Vysor payware, they have a chart of what's different on the main
web page but I found it to be wrong as I can do some of the stuff they say
the freeware can't do (e.g., go wireless, at least with Android it's easy).
<https://www.vysor.io>

The other thing to let people know is if you want to 'drag and drop' files
across from the computer to the phone, scrcpy does that (e.g., scrcpy will
_install_ any APK you just drag from your hard drive archives onto it), but
for Vysor to do that you have to pay for the Vysor Pro offering instead.
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg>

Other than those things, they're pretty much equivalent in typical use.
Mac
Linux
PC

Free mirroring of the iOS device, where I prove that I've done, which is
the added value because it shows others that they can easily do likewise.
<https://i.postimg.cc/TYvqdxCT/vysor35.jpg>
--
Posted because I'm a kind-hearted person who wishes to help others, and
because sometimes others know far more about these tools than I do so they