Tumbleweed - Refreshing Removable Devices

1 view

Paul R Schmidtbleicher

Aug 30, 2021, 7:09:34 PM8/30/21
Maybe I am missing something?? When I "safely" remove a flash drive from
Tumbleweed, if I reinsert it or another flash drive, the device will not
be found. I have to restart Tumbleweed.
(1) Is there is need to "Refresh" the USB port that I am missing?
(2) Are others having this trouble?

My Tumbleweed installation is kept up to date with the latest "Updates"
whenever they present themselves.

Thanks
paulrs

--
paulrs

Carlos E. R.

Aug 30, 2021, 9:42:01 PM8/30/21
On 31/08/2021 01.09, Paul R Schmidtbleicher wrote:
> Maybe I am missing something?? When I "safely" remove a flash drive from
> Tumbleweed, if I reinsert it or another flash drive, the device will not
> be found. I have to restart Tumbleweed.

Using Leap, I have never seen it, so this is not normal. Maybe some new
problem in TW, maybe something peculiar to your machine. Ask in factory
mail list.

Remember to specify desktop you use. And obtain logs.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Paul R Schmidtbleicher

Aug 31, 2021, 11:48:42 PM8/31/21
I believe I found the problem. We have had some momentary power
fluctuations. To get the computer to recognize a flash drive returned to
the USB port I was RESTARTING the CPU. I decided to power completely
down (SHUTDOWN) and even unplug the AC for a short time. Upon restarting
Tumbleweed, I found that inserting and removing flash-drives returned to
normal. Should of thought of this from my Windoze experience - When all
else fails power down, wait, and restart. Carlos was right, it was a
machine issue probably caused by momentary power interruptions.
Thanks for the help
paulrs

--
paulrs

Carlos E. R.

Sep 1, 2021, 2:15:46 AM9/1/21
Computers hate power fluctuations...

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Ulick Magee

Sep 2, 2021, 5:04:41 AM9/2/21
On 01/09/2021 07:11, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Computers hate power fluctuations...

Use a laptop, it has a built-in UPS :D