Clarity on Upgrading Choices

Paul R Schmidtbleicher

Sep 6, 2022, 11:47:54 AM9/6/22
This is for Tumbleweed:
Just upgraded. At the end of downloading when checking for file
conflicts there were 4 google-font files that conflicted and stopped the
process.
The choice was "continue [yes/no] (no)" My question: With a second
"(no)" in the choice are they suggesting "no?"
I took it that "no" was suggested, entered "no" and the whole 3000+
file upgrade aborted.
I immediately did "zypper dup" again and the downloaded files had
been cached (Yeh!). Same conflict came up. This time I answered "yes" to
complete the upgrade.
Question Again: What is the point of "[yes/no] (no)" - the second "no?"

Also when there are problems and 4 possible solutions are given, IS THERE
A PRIORITY (1)Best (2)Good excetra . . .

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Fenris

Sep 6, 2022, 11:52:14 AM9/6/22
On 2022-09-06, Paul R Schmidtbleicher <pau...@foxinternet.net> wrote:
> Question Again: What is the point of "[yes/no] (no)" - the second "no?"

The answers "yes" and "no" are available. (no) is the default if you
press the "enter" key.

Carlos E.R.

Sep 7, 2022, 6:09:23 PM9/7/22
On 2022-09-06 17:47, Paul R Schmidtbleicher wrote:
> This is for Tumbleweed:
> Just upgraded. At the end of downloading when checking for file
> conflicts there were 4 google-font files that conflicted and stopped the
> process.
> The choice was "continue [yes/no] (no)" My question: With a second
> "(no)" in the choice are they suggesting "no?"

"(no)" is the default that will happen if you just hit enter.

> Also when there are problems and 4 possible solutions are given, IS THERE
> A PRIORITY (1)Best (2)Good excetra . . .

You are the admin and master, you have to decide.

If you post the full text of the conflict and the proposals we can
suggest the best road if there is any.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Paul R Schmidtbleicher

Sep 9, 2022, 8:12:01 PM9/9/22
Thanks for your answers and possible help on question 2.

An additional question to [Yes/No] (no) being the default. On the
specifics "Yes" would replace the four Google fonts with (I suppose newer
ones) "No" would not, but also abort the upgrade installation (as I
witnessed).
QUESTION: what if I did not want those files replaced, but wanted the rest
of the upgrade installation to continue? How to?

Paul

Carlos E.R.

Sep 10, 2022, 8:48:08 AM9/10/22
You can not.

You have to modify the command line, if possible, so that it doesn't
want to install that package, and then try again.

--
Cheers, Carlos.