Leap/TW: Rosegarden, no midi ports

bad sector

Jun 9, 2022, 8:44:59 PM6/9/22
1
I load and start qjackctl then qsynth, then zynaddsubfx

2
In qjackctl connections I connect zyn to system
The zyn keyboard produces actual sound

3
I start Yoshimi, it autoconnects to system
The yoshimi keyboard produces actual sound

4
I start Hydrogen2, it auto connects to system

5
I start rosegarden, it auto connects to system

At this point the rosegarden Manage-MIDI-Devices right
window "MIDI outputs" SHOULD show 5 available ports but
only 2 are shown

129:0 Synth input
130:0 Hydrogen Midi-In (write)
14:0 Midi Through Port-0

Neither the Zyn nor the Yoshimin standalone synths
are provided for with a usable output port.

6
In rosegarden I create a "drums" handle for the
drum machine and connect it to port 130:0 (above).
Write a short score and assign the track to
Hydrogen. Playing it produces actual drum sounds.

From the above it seems that everything is working
fine EXCEPT that rosegarden is not providing the
usable ports for 2 of the synths, always the same
2 synths, in both Leap-15.3 and TW upgraded to
this date.

What am I missing, what can I do?

bad sector

Jun 13, 2022, 11:36:08 PM6/13/22
On 2022-06-09 20:44, bad sector wrote:
> 1
> I load and start qjackctl then qsynth, then zynaddsubfx

Is there any documentation that says not to run both zynaddsubfx and yoshimi concurrently (with jack and rosegarden)?