15.0 and new package, rdfind

Mike Small

Dec 8, 2023, 3:04:29 PM12/8/23

Is everyone running 15.0 aware of rdfind being added to provide a build
dependency for linux firmware (it's a neat utility more generally)? I
know when I first ran slackpkg upgrade-all I was a bit puzzled about
what changed for update to download changes but for slackpkg upgrade-all
to have nothing to do. Looking at the changelog didn't solve my
puzzlement.

There's good info on that other place, the main place, for Slackware
discussion, but maybe there are webforum-averse people here who don't
follow that and might want attention drawn to this. I was able to get
the new package with slackpkg install patches, but slackpkg install rdfind
would have been a better way for me, where I remove things and
those appeared in the dialog box from the prior command.

- Mike Sm.

Henrik Carlqvist

Dec 9, 2023, 6:28:33 AM12/9/23
On Sat, 09 Dec 2023 12:24:41 +1000, noel wrote:
> patches/packages/rdfind-1.6.0-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz: *Added*.

Yep, now also the changelog for Slackware 15.0 says "Added", initially it
confused some people and tools by instead saying "Upgraded" even though
Slackware 15.0 had no previos version of rdfind.

> Some of us dont bother with forums

I am one of those who also participate in the Slackware forum at
linuxquestions.org, but I really do prefer discussions in
alt.os.linux.slackware.

regards Henrik