Slackware 15 competition

Chris Elvidge

Jan 17, 2022, 9:39:24 AMJan 17
Who won the date for release of Slack15 competition?

My "Welcome to Linux (Slackware 15)" email from Pat is dated 11 Jan 2022.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

John McCue

Jan 17, 2022, 10:56:05 AMJan 17
Chris Elvidge <ch...@mshome.net> wrote:
> Who won the date for release of Slack15 competition?
Patrick Volkerding :)

> My "Welcome to Linux (Slackware 15)" email from Pat is dated 11 Jan 2022.
In the change log, he justed updated the email removing
the old Linux Counter mentions.

Also patches/upgrades for Current patches were released
yesterday, so 15 is not yet released.

Regards

--
csh(1) - "An elegant shell, for a more... civilized age."
- Paraphrasing Star Wars

Poprocks

Jan 17, 2022, 3:02:06 PMJan 17
On 2022-01-17, John McCue wrote:
> Chris Elvidge <ch...@mshome.net> wrote:
>> Who won the date for release of Slack15 competition?
> Patrick Volkerding :)
>
>> My "Welcome to Linux (Slackware 15)" email from Pat is dated 11 Jan 2022.
> In the change log, he justed updated the email removing
> the old Linux Counter mentions.
>
> Also patches/upgrades for Current patches were released
> yesterday, so 15 is not yet released.

Indeed. And just so the USENET record is clear: 15.0-rc3 was declared
on January 12, 2022. See the ChangeLog.txt entry of same date for
details.