slapt-get not working??

64 vues

R2-D2

non lue,
15 mars 2021, 04:19:4015/03/2021
Hi, I've installed slapt-get:

root@darkstar:~$ installpkg /home/r2-d2/download/slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz
Verifying package slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz.
Installing package slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# slapt-get (an apt-like front-end to Slackware's pkgtools)
#
# slapt-get is an apt like system for Slackware package management.
# * See /usr/doc/slapt-get-*/ for complete documentation.
# * You will also want to customize /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc,
# using a local mirror. www.slackware.com may be very busy.
# * Support:
# https://github.com/jaos/slapt-get/issues
# * Please translate
# https://www.transifex.com/jaos/slapt-get/
#
Executing install script for slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz.
Package slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz installed.

So far, so good. Then I try to execute it:

root@darkstar:~$ /usr/sbin/slapt-get
-su: /usr/sbin/slapt-get: No such file or directory

WTF???

root@darkstar:~$ ls -hal /usr/sbin/slapt-get
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27K 2021-02-21 22:42 /usr/sbin/slapt-get*

The file is right there, how can it not find it?

Thanks

Ralph Spitzner

non lue,
15 mars 2021, 05:28:3215/03/2021
R2-D2 wrote on 3/15/21 9:18 AM:
> Hi, I've installed slapt-get:

> root@darkstar:~$ ls -hal /usr/sbin/slapt-get
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27K 2021-02-21 22:42 /usr/sbin/slapt-get*
>

> The file is right there, how can it not find it?
>

> Thanks

some libraries missing try:

ldd /usr/sbin/slapt-get*

an tell us what you get.....
-rasp

R2-D2

non lue,
15 mars 2021, 05:37:5615/03/2021
Ralph Spitzner wrote on 3/15/21 10:28 AM:
Thanks Ralph. This is what I get:

root@darkstar:~$ ldd /usr/sbin/slapt-get
not a dynamic executable

Henrik Carlqvist

non lue,
15 mars 2021, 13:10:0715/03/2021
On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:37:54 +0100, R2-D2 wrote:
> This is what I get:
>
> root@darkstar:~$ ldd /usr/sbin/slapt-get
> not a dynamic executable

I am not familiar with slapt-get myself, maybe it is a script. But maybe
it is an executable. I did notice that you did install the i586 version
of the package. Are you running 32 bit Slackware? Otherwise you should
probably install an x86_64 version instead or possibly install multilib
to be able to run both 64- and 32-bit applications.

regards Henrik

Ralph Spitzner

non lue,
15 mars 2021, 14:55:4415/03/2021
R2-D2 wrote on 3/15/21 10:37 AM:
> Ralph Spitzner wrote on 3/15/21 10:28 AM:
>> R2-D2 wrote on 3/15/21 9:18 AM:
>>> Hi, I've installed slapt-get:
>>

> Thanks Ralph. This is what I get:
>
> root@darkstar:~$ ldd /usr/sbin/slapt-get
> not a dynamic executable

I second Henrik here, looks like slapt-get is supposed to be a binary, probably
wrong format (32/64 bit) for your system.....
-rasp

Eli the Bearded

non lue,
15 mars 2021, 15:07:5415/03/2021
In alt.os.linux.slackware, R2-D2 <r2...@outer.space> wrote:
> root@darkstar:~$ /usr/sbin/slapt-get
> -su: /usr/sbin/slapt-get: No such file or directory
>
> WTF???
>
> root@darkstar:~$ ls -hal /usr/sbin/slapt-get
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27K 2021-02-21 22:42 /usr/sbin/slapt-get*
>
> The file is right there, how can it not find it?

That error can happen for two reasons: one the file itself does not
exist (which you have tested for) or the interpreter for the files does
not exist (which you have not).

Trying to run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system is one case of
interpreter (possibly) not existing. Trying to run an a.out format on an
ELF system is another case were the interpreter may be missing. A third
case is a missing program on the #! line:

$ cat > /tmp/badbang
#!/no/such/program
^D
$ chmod 755 /tmp/badbang
$ /tmp/badbang
/usr/local/bin/ksh93: /tmp/badbang: not found [No such file or directory]
$

Elijah
------
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 is an interpreter

R2-D2

non lue,
16 mars 2021, 06:12:0616/03/2021
R2-D2 wrote on 3/15/21 9:18 AM:
> Hi, I've installed slapt-get:
>
> root@darkstar:~$ installpkg /home/r2-d2/download/slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz

Thanks everybody, I solved the issue reinstalling the previous version of slapt-get:
https://software.jaos.org/slackpacks/slackware64-14.2/slapt-get/slapt-get-0.11.2-x86_64-1.txz

The problem arose because in this package /etc/slapt/get/slapt-getrc contains
this line:
SOURCE=https://storage.googleapis.com/slackpacks.jaos.org/slackware64-15.0/:OFFICIAL

Therefore, at the subsequent run of slapt-get, it reupdated itself with a
version that, looking at the url, might be for Slackware 15 (!!!!!).

Ralph Spitzner

non lue,
16 mars 2021, 07:10:2716/03/2021
R2-D2 wrote on 3/16/21 11:10 AM:
> R2-D2 wrote on 3/15/21 9:18 AM:
>> Hi, I've installed slapt-get:
>>
>> root@darkstar:~$ installpkg /home/r2-d2/download/slapt-get-0.11.2-i586-1.txz
>
> Thanks everybody, I solved the issue reinstalling the previous version of slapt-get:
> https://software.jaos.org/slackpacks/slackware64-14.2/slapt-get/slapt-get-0.11.2-x86_64-1.txz

that slackware 15 reference is one thing, the other as you can see isthat you tried to install
a 32bit package on a 64bit system.....

-rasp

Henrik Carlqvist

non lue,
20 mars 2021, 15:27:3120/03/2021
On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 21:44:21 +1000, noel wrote:
> for current/15 i moved to slackpkg, after Robbie and Tadgy's changes
> its much more suitable for this decade, too many issues with slapt-get
> forced that move, that saidm slapt-get was my choice for a greatmany
> years.

My favorite to install packages from slackbuilds.org is slpgk. It can be
used to download and install packages also from Slackware mirrors but I
have my own Makefile which installs patches from Slackware.

The nice thing with slpkg is that it also solves dependencies for
packages from slackbuilds.org. Example:

slpkg -s sbo exfat-utils

regards Henrik
0 nouveau message