find groups using pan newsreader

Joseph Rosevear

Sep 30, 2022, 3:14:44 PM9/30/22
Hello all,

Does anybody use pan? If so I have a question about it--how do you
search for groups?

I can get a (very long) list of groups to appear. And I did subscribe (I
don't remember how) to alt.os.linux.slackware, but I can't search for
groups.

I'm new to pan as you might guess. I used tin for years (with only
moderate skill).

-Joe

August Werner

Sep 30, 2022, 6:46:41 PM9/30/22
Joseph Rosevear schrieb:
Yes, I use Pan 0.146. Compiled by myself from the sources.

I have the following Slackware groups in the list:

alt.os.linux.slackware
alt.pl.comp.os.linux.slackware
free.it.linux.slackware

Whether you see them in your list depends on whether your _news server_
stocks these groups. I use news.individual.de. You have to pay for it
(i. e. you have to pay to use it).

-August

andrew

Oct 1, 2022, 11:22:12 PM10/1/22
On 2022-09-30, Joseph Rosevear <Ma...@JoesLife.org> wrote:

> Does anybody use pan?

I am afraid that everybody is actually using slrn...

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?

Gilberto F da Silva

Feb 17, 2023, 8:11:40 PM2/17/23