Problem with current current

root

Aug 20, 2021, 9:29:17 PM8/20/21
The kernel is not built. There are no modules installed.
Nothing works.

So I tried to build the kernel. After make modules
make modules_install fails with
cannot stat 'modules.builtin' no such file or directory.

Perhaps one of you might tell what went wrong?

I tried to build the modules 3 times, first with
the included .config, secon with a .config from an
earlier kernel which I just defaulted on all the new
options, and finally one in which I deleted the
build of some X32 which some usenet response suggested.

This is horribly broken.

Rinaldi

Aug 20, 2021, 11:17:26 PM8/20/21
On 8/20/21 20:29, root wrote:
> The kernel is not built. There are no modules installed.
> Nothing works.

Unless you blacklisted them they should install/upgrade
(etc/slackpkg/blacklist

> So I tried to build the kernel. After make modules
> make modules_install fails with
> cannot stat 'modules.builtin' no such file or directory.
>
> Perhaps one of you might tell what went wrong?
>
> I tried to build the modules 3 times, first with
> the included .config, secon with a .config from an
> earlier kernel which I just defaulted on all the new
> options, and finally one in which I deleted the
> build of some X32 which some usenet response suggested.
>
> This is horribly broken.

This is what I use:

rsync -aAXPvh --delete-after --exclude={isolinux,source,kdei} \
rsync://ftp.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-current/ \
/usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/

Presumes /usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/ exists

/etc/slackpkg/mirrors
file://usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/

My slackpkg.conf:

grep -v "^#" /etc/slackpkg/slackpkg.conf

TEMP=/usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/

WORKDIR=/var/lib/slackpkg

WGETFLAGS="--passive-ftp"

DELALL=off

CHECKMD5=on

CHECKGPG=on

CHECKSIZE=off

PRIORITY=(testing patches %PKGMAIN extra pasture )

POSTINST=on

ONLY_NEW_DOTNEW=off

ORIG_BACKUPS=off

ONOFF=on

DOWNLOAD_ALL=on

DIALOG=on

BATCH=off

DEFAULT_ANSWER=n

USE_INCLUDES=on

SPINNING=on

DIALOG_MAXARGS=139000

This setup has worked for me for years. Hope it helps.

root

Aug 21, 2021, 12:30:21 AM8/21/21
On 8/20/21 20:29, root wrote:
>> The kernel is not built. There are no modules installed.
>> Nothing works.
>
> Unless you blacklisted them they should install/upgrade
> (etc/slackpkg/blacklist
>
>> So I tried to build the kernel. After make modules
>> make modules_install fails with
>> cannot stat 'modules.builtin' no such file or directory.
>>
>> Perhaps one of you might tell what went wrong?
>>
>> I tried to build the modules 3 times, first with
>> the included .config, secon with a .config from an
>> earlier kernel which I just defaulted on all the new
>> options, and finally one in which I deleted the
>> build of some X32 which some usenet response suggested.
>>
>> This is horribly broken.

All the problems I encountered are of my own making.