espeakup on regular slack install

seth hurst

Nov 26, 2022, 10:41:09 PM11/26/22
Was wondering how to enable espeakup on the slackware linux images seeing
as it comes with the linux kurnel? I did try slint but that broke my
microphone and I want to see if I'm able to install regular slack.

Henrik Carlqvist

Nov 27, 2022, 6:16:37 AM11/27/22
I haven't tried this myself, but espeakup is not included from the
beginning in Slackware and has to be installed from a third party source.
Usually when it comes to third party packages, slackbuilds.org is the
best way to build and install third party Slackware packages.

Espeakup is at slackbuilds.org at https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/
accessibility/espeakup/?search=espeakup

But to get that, you will first need to perform a full Slackware install
and then download the espeakup slackbuild and source file.

regards Henrik