install

maus

Dec 24, 2023, 5:03:47 AM12/24/23
I am thinking of installing a slack live on my next install.
Has anyone done that recently? Which live install?. I do _NOT_ want
anything that boots into a GUI

--
grey...@mail.com
Are there no jails, no lockdowns?

Chris Elvidge

Dec 24, 2023, 5:55:27 AM12/24/23
On 24/12/2023 10:03, maus wrote:
> I am thinking of installing a slack live on my next install.
> Has anyone done that recently? Which live install?. I do _NOT_ want
> anything that boots into a GUI

Any Slackware will not boot to a GUI if the default runlevel (see
/etc/inittab) is left at 3

--
Chris Elvidge, England
NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY

David Chmelik

Dec 24, 2023, 5:57:12 AM12/24/23
On 24 Dec 2023 10:03:43 GMT, maus wrote:

> I am thinking of installing a slack live on my next install.
> Has anyone done that recently? Which live install?. I do _NOT_ want
> anything that boots into a GUI

I only install from official Slackware, not (unofficial) Slackware Live
because alienBOB altered shell configuration on that.

maus

Dec 24, 2023, 6:40:19 AM12/24/23
While appreciating his efforts, I agree, which is why I messaged.