Slack 15 on Virtualbox 7

Chris Elvidge

May 16, 2023, 9:51:19 AM5/16/23
I've just upgraded VirtualBox on Windows 10 from 6.1.40 to 7.0.8

The lilo selection screen on Slackware 15 (current) is now garbled -
vertical strips of various characters overwrite the display while
waiting the timeout. This means I can only use the default selection and
only after waiting for the timeout.

After that, it loads and runs properly. Guest additions 7.0.8 have been
applied.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Marco Moock

May 16, 2023, 1:44:21 PM5/16/23
Maybe the update changed the emulated graphics card. Check the settings
of the VBox VM.

Chris Elvidge

May 16, 2023, 4:20:11 PM5/16/23
Checked - VMSVGA.
And ran rcvboxadd quicksetup 6.1.28 - so got vb* modules in
/lib/modules/6.1.28/misc/
I usually rely on the modules that come with the kernel.
lsmod | grep vb only produces vboxguest.

--
Chris Elvidge
England