No standby from KDE

1 view

Manuel Reimer

Feb 10, 2010, 2:30:51 AM2/10/10
Hello,

if I ask KDE (Slackware-Current, 64-bit) to go to powersaving mode, then
it just locks my desktop. No standby mode is entered.

What do I have to change to get KDE do a successful switch to powersave
mode?

Thanks in advance

Yours

Manuel

Martin

Feb 10, 2010, 5:08:53 PM2/10/10
Manuel Reimer wrote:

> What do I have to change to get KDE do a successful switch to powersave
> mode?

Not sure about your specific situation, just a pointer: the lower level
power management functions are made available to KDE via the script
/usr/lib/pm-utils/pm-functions .

Martin