Re: Mageia 7 Beta 1.

Bobbie Sellers

Dec 9, 2018, 2:44:03 PM12/9/18
On 12/9/18 11:03 AM, TJ wrote:
> On 12/09/2018 10:41 AM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:

>>> I just ran the live DVD.  It looks good, but the only desktop is KDE
>>> (others don't have meta-packages,) and the extra programs mentioned
>>> in the blog are for developers, not for home users.  I can wait.
>>>
>>> Doug.
>>
>> Doug you are wrong about that.
>>
>> I am going to quote my original message reformatted a bit
>> to make it perhaps easier to read.
>>
>> Take a look at <www.Distrowatch.com>.
>>
>>> Read the rest of the release announcement for more details.
>>>
>>> Download links:  Mageia-7-beta1-Live-Plasma-x86_64.iso (2,742MB,
>>> SHA512, signature, torrent),
>>>
>>>  Mageia-7-beta1-Live-GNOME-x86_64.iso (2,346MB, SHA512, signature,
>>> torrent),
>>>
>>>  Mageia-7-beta1-Live-Xfce-x86_64.iso (2,232MB, SHA512, signature,
>>> torrent).
>>>
>>>  A standard installation DVD is also available:
>>>  Mageia-7-beta1-x86_64.iso (4,219MB, SHA512, signature, torrent,
>>> pkglist).
>>
>>      Now if you cannot find the Gnome(we hates Gnomes),
>> the XFCE nor yet the Standard Installation DVD you need
>> to have your eyes checked.  Actually I had my eyes checked
>> last week and they found a cataract right in my main field
>> of view.  So the suggestion is not too far out.  I didn't
>> realize until the exam that such would be the case but
>> my visual acuity was down.
>>
>>      bliss
>>
> (FYI for any lurkers with older hardware) In addition, there are two
> 32-bit isos available: A Live Xfce DVD, and a "standard" installation
> DVD that can be used to install one or more of the many desktops that
> Mageia supports.
>
> TJ

Thanks for noting the bit about 32 bit versions of the
latest Mageia distributions from the main archive I guess. I will
get one or both for the final version of 7.1. These are for
people who might want them from the SF-LUG.

I like Mageia but prefer my PCLinuxOS.
I ran across a Russian distribution alleged to be based
on Mandriva. I could not get a download that matched a checksum
though so... Oh, I am not referring to Open Mandriva either.

bliss - who added a few newsgroups from Mandriva based
distributions. Reply to the one you prefer.

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com