Mageia 6.1 now out on the Distrowatch site.

Bobbie Sellers

Oct 5, 2018, 11:00:04 PM10/5/18
Hi Fans of Mandriva forks,

You guys probably know about it already but
I thought I would tell you about it.
<www.distrowatch.com>

bliss

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Doug Laidlaw

Oct 6, 2018, 4:36:44 AM10/6/18
On 06/10/18 13:00, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi Fans of Mandriva forks,
>
>     You guys probably know about it already but
> I thought I would tell you  about it.
> <www.distrowatch.com>
>
>     bliss

They are available only as Live DVDs, for fresh installs. There is one
for each desktop: Plasma, GNOME and Xfce. Xfce is the only one
available in 32 bits. Both torrent files and straight downloads are
offered.

People with an up-to-date Mageia 6 already have what is on the DVDs, but
they will make a reinstall quicker.

I tried the Live DVD for Mageia 6-Xfce. I found that the pure install
was too different from my existing, "cobbled together" system. The
contents of the DVD were copied under /var, making it unnecessary to go
to the DVD for fresh apps.

Pure bliss.

Doug.