Re: The saga of my 500 GB SATA SD drive.

Bobbie Sellers

Aug 13, 2022, 10:44:54 AM8/13/22
On 8/13/22 00:27, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> For about a year, I could find no way to make my SD drive visible.  This
> afternoon I just saw it "looking at me."  It was already partitioned
> with a few tiny partitions and an NTFS boot partition, with drive letter
> C:, that Windows was using for a swap file.  It was simply a matter of
> not seeing what I expected.  Windows won't let me interfere with its
> "paging" (swap) partition, but I should be able to rearrange things with
> GParted in Linux.

Actually Windows will let you change the size or eliminate the paging
partitions or file. From the Windows side and I have only reduced
the size with a new Windows install made by branded outfits like Compaq,
Dell and HP. Running Windows to redo partition sizes or change the
paging file size is a dirty job but for people who like to install Linux
sometime you have to get down in the Microsoft Muck.

bliss - beware of the Pluton chip.

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com