Simple FTP Server

1 view

Lord Of The Weirdos

May 13, 2003, 9:08:02 PM5/13/03
Is there a simple FTP Server for Linux command line? If so what is it
called and is it easy to install. Need it to be pretty small and be able
to not have to compile. Using it on a test machine without the ability to
run a full Linux (Basically an umodded XBox).

John C. Danielson, II

May 13, 2003, 10:46:45 PM5/13/03

see if you can get and work with:

wget
cftp
OR
proftp

Lord Of The Weirdos

May 14, 2003, 12:40:18 PM5/14/03

cftp is a client, not a server from that I have found.
proftp require RPM support, which isn't available on the machine that it is
going on.

Jason Cutting

May 19, 2003, 7:30:06 PM5/19/03

Have you already tried proftpd?

--
Warning: Some ideologies on the Net are smaller than they appear.

kin...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2018, 9:38:09 AM7/22/18
Sure, you are looking for uFTP -> http://www.uftpserver.com/

Best Regards
U.

William Unruh

Jul 22, 2018, 11:28:32 AM7/22/18
On 2018-07-22, kin...@gmail.com <kin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Il giorno mercoledì 14 maggio 2003 03:08:02 UTC+2, Lord Of The Weirdos ha scritto:
>> Is there a simple FTP Server for Linux command line? If so what is it
>> called and is it easy to install. Need it to be pretty small and be able
>> to not have to compile. Using it on a test machine without the ability to
>> run a full Linux (Basically an umodded XBox).

What distribution are you running on that machine? What do you mean "a full
Linux"?

Aragorn

Jul 22, 2018, 12:03:14 PM7/22/18
On Sunday 22 July 2018 17:28, William Unruh conveyed the following to
alt.os.linux.mandrake...

> On 2018-07-22, kin...@gmail.com <kin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Il giorno mercoledì 14 maggio 2003 03:08:02 UTC+2, Lord Of The [...]
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

> What distribution are you running on that machine? What do you mean "a
> full Linux"?

1. He probably means a GUI desktop installation; and

2. You are replying to a message that's 15 years old. I think he's
probably managed to find an FTP server somewhere in the meantime.

You're welcome. :p

--
With respect,
= Aragorn =

William Unruh

Jul 22, 2018, 12:24:02 PM7/22/18
Well, I was replying to a recent message, but I agree the the OP to whom my
response was directed was pretty old. I do admit I do not look at the message
dates when replying, and I probably should because this king of resurection
happens too often.

> You're welcome. :p

Aragorn

Jul 22, 2018, 3:56:59 PM7/22/18
On Sunday 22 July 2018 18:24, William Unruh conveyed the following to
alt.os.linux.mandrake...

> On 2018-07-22, Aragorn <thor...@telenet.be> wrote:
>> On Sunday 22 July 2018 17:28, William Unruh conveyed the following to
>> alt.os.linux.mandrake...

>> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>>>
>>> What distribution are you running on that machine? What do you mean
>>> "a full Linux"?
>>
>> 1. He probably means a GUI desktop installation; and
>>
>> 2. You are replying to a message that's 15 years old. I think he's
>> probably managed to find an FTP server somewhere in the meantime.
>
> Well, I was replying to a recent message, but I agree the the OP to
> whom my response was directed was pretty old. I do admit I do not look
> at the message dates when replying, and I probably should because this
> king of resurection happens too often.

And then there's also the fact that this newsgroup is actually as dead
as a door nail. MandrakeSoft changed its name to Mandriva in 2005, and
traffic to this newsgroup here has been waning ever since, up to the
point that nobody really posts here anymore.

Even the Mandriva proper group isn't seeing much traffic. Most people
are in the Mageia group now. ;)

Bobbie Sellers

Jul 22, 2018, 7:16:11 PM7/22/18
Well there are more people in the Mageia newsgroup but the PCLinux0S
group has some traffic but the PCLinux Forum has a lot
more, <http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php> and it is mostly on
topic.
There is a new release in community releases for PCLinuxOS
<http://pclinuxos.mirror.wearetriple.com/pclinuxos/live-cd/community/>
but apparently the mirror is not synchronized yet. You can get it
at
<http://trinity.mypclinuxos.com/isos/community-pclinuxos64-TDE-2018.07.iso>
but no checksum so far...

You can go to the <http://www.pclinuxos.com/> and pick from
KDE or Mate for the latest mainline release of PCLinuxOS64 2018.06.

bliss

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com