IA-64 users and developments?

MG

Aug 21, 2011, 10:38:59 PM8/21/11
Are there (m)any IA-64 on this usenet/newsgroup? I'm mostly a VMS
user and in terms of UNIX/-derivatives I mostly prefer IRIX (EOL, I
am aware; but, that's not stopping me), HP-UX and occasional Tru64
user. I do have aproximately 10+ years of experience with various
kinds of Linux though, but I'm fairly new to Gentoo.

I was wondering, how many IA-64 (Itanium) users are here? Or, can
anyone tell me about ongoing IPF (Itanium Processor Family) systems-
oriented developments and initiatives going on?

I have a fairly modern HP Integrity rx2620 server, with dual-core
processors and what-not. I've run into some problems, unfortunately.
(With various Linux distributions, not just Gentoo.) I was therefore
wondering if there are perhaps any efforts, to help iron out possible
bugs and quirks here and if I perhaps could be of any assistance?

Another reason I'm inquiring is that I'm keen to try out some modern
PCI graphics adapters (like the AMD/ATi Radeon HD5450) and see if
the open source Linux driver can provide in my needs, perhaps with
full DRM/DRI support (that'd certainly be very nice).

- MG