2011 HOT UPDATES

BEAUTUY

Jan 16, 2011, 12:09:24 PM1/16/11
TRISHA IN A SEXY FEEL
http://karomasti9.blogspot.com/search/label/thrisha
SRISHA HOT BOOBS SHOW
http://karomasti9.blogspot.com/search/label/srisha
BEAUTIFUL POONAM PHOTOS
http://karomasti9.blogspot.com/search/label/poonam

Dr Vangel

Feb 22, 2011, 4:42:21 AM2/22/11

[spam stuff snipped, more of the same unrelated crap]

To Aragorn
You asked "Whats wrong with this group"
look at the post above... now back to this message. looking at this I
guess nothing is wrong with the group, it's just gentoo haha.

in any case maybe if we had moderators here it would be different.

If you or anyone else is looking for the right gentoo group there is a
moderator mailing-list/newsgroup for gentoo over here.
http://www.grepler.com/threads/index/linux.gentoo.user

there are user groups available in other languages

http://www.grepler.com/threads/index/linux.gentoo.user.de
http://www.grepler.com/threads/index/linux.gentoo.user.es
http://www.grepler.com/threads/index/linux.gentoo.user.fr

they may or may not be moderated but seeing as there has been not much
activity in them I guess the user base is small.

regards
Vangel

begin 644
end

Moe Trin

Feb 22, 2011, 9:37:08 PM2/22/11
On 22 Feb 2011, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.gentoo, in article
<1yL8p.33284$Gv7....@news.usenetserver.com>, Dr Vangel wrote:

>You asked "Whats wrong with this group"
>look at the post above... now back to this message.

except I don't see that post on my server - possibly because it was
posted from the google spam server. Maybe you should fix your news
tool to filter any article with a message-ID header ending in the
string "googlegroups.com>" as suggested in Blinky the Shark's web
page (http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/index.html)

>in any case maybe if we had moderators here it would be different.

Not really. The groups was rather low activity:

Year 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Offered 6014 2936 1514 791 304 1530 1
Kills 167 82 118 23 56 1506 0

as you can see the number of articles posted falling off. In March,
2010, some idiot in Southern California began abusing the news server
at news.tds.net by spewing repeats of previous articles, and a lot of
people gave up on the group or began filtering messages with a
message-ID containing 'time.synchro.net'. The spew stopped in August,
and there have only been 7 articles posted since then.

Old guy

J.O. Aho

Feb 22, 2011, 11:50:50 PM2/22/11
Moe Trin wrote:

> as you can see the number of articles posted falling off. In March,
> 2010, some idiot in Southern California began abusing the news server
> at news.tds.net by spewing repeats of previous articles, and a lot of
> people gave up on the group or began filtering messages with a
> message-ID containing 'time.synchro.net'. The spew stopped in August,
> and there have only been 7 articles posted since then.

I did notify the BBS owner who had a misconfiguration, I only managed to get
hold of the previous owner of the BBS who said he would tell the guy, but I
have to say it didn't seem he did that.

--

//Aho

Moe Trin

Feb 23, 2011, 2:53:33 PM2/23/11
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.gentoo, in article
<8sji1a...@mid.individual.net>, J.O. Aho wrote:

>Moe Trin wrote:

>> In March, 2010, some idiot in Southern California began abusing the
>> news server at news.tds.net by spewing repeats of previous articles,
>> and a lot of people gave up on the group or began filtering messages
>> with a message-ID containing 'time.synchro.net'. The spew stopped
>> in August,

>I did notify the BBS owner who had a misconfiguration, I only managed

>to get hold of the previous owner of the BBS who said he would tell
>the guy, but I have to say it didn't seem he did that.

I tried sending a "heads up" to tds.net, synchro.net, and to synchro.net
through pacbell.net/sbcglobal.net (their upstream) and godaddy (the
registrar). No responses and no results (not that I really expected
that much). There actually was a break in the spew between June 7 and
July 3, but by then I doubt many people were still subscribed.

Old guy

Janis Kracht

Feb 24, 2011, 2:42:09 PM2/24/11
Hi There,

> From: ibup...@painkiller.example.tld.invalid (Moe Trin)

>> Moe Trin wrote:

The fellow was a downlink of mine in Fidonet. When he didn't fix his
system, I cut him off from access to the newsgroup. He isn't from California,
he's in Cougar, Washington. Sorry about the mess he caused. I'm usually
aware of such things.

Take Care,
Janis

Robert Wolfe

May 4, 2011, 10:46:02 AM5/4/11
On 02/23/2011 02:53 PM, Moe Trin wrote:

> I tried sending a "heads up" to tds.net, synchro.net, and to synchro.net
> through pacbell.net/sbcglobal.net (their upstream) and godaddy (the
> registrar). No responses and no results (not that I really expected
> that much). There actually was a break in the spew between June 7 and
> July 3, but by then I doubt many people were still subscribed.

Looks like this issue has been resolved :) I myself carry the newsgroup
on both my news server (from where I am posting this now) as well as on
my own BBS.

Oh, and BTW, HI JANIS :D

Moe Trin

May 5, 2011, 10:03:18 PM5/5/11
On Wed, 04 May 2011, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.gentoo, in article
<od5898-...@nntp.robertwolfe.org>, Robert Wolfe wrote:

>On 02/23/2011 02:53 PM, Moe Trin wrote:

>> I tried sending a "heads up" to tds.net, synchro.net, and to synchro.net
>> through pacbell.net/sbcglobal.net (their upstream) and godaddy (the
>> registrar). No responses and no results (not that I really expected
>> that much). There actually was a break in the spew between June 7 and
>> July 3, but by then I doubt many people were still subscribed.

>Looks like this issue has been resolved :)

Rather late, but perhaps. Yours is just the sixth article I seen
posted to this group this year, and the eighth since the spew stopped
back on the 20th of August last year.

>I myself carry the newsgroup on both my news server (from where I am
>posting this now) as well as on my own BBS.

Hopefully you've got controls on posting - there was yet another BBS
operator posting through synchro.net and tds.net who absolutely shit
all over the 'alt.linux' group late last month. My upstream was kind
enough to remove the 6466 articles posted in three days from their
spool, and may (they haven't told me) simply filtered all posts from
synchro.net and/or tds.net.

Old guy

Janis Kracht

May 9, 2011, 1:42:15 PM5/9/11
>>> I tried sending a "heads up" to tds.net, synchro.net, and to synchro.net
>>> through pacbell.net/sbcglobal.net (their upstream) and godaddy (the
>>> registrar). No responses and no results (not that I really expected
>>> that much). There actually was a break in the spew between June 7 and
>>> July 3, but by then I doubt many people were still subscribed.

>> Looks like this issue has been resolved :)

> Rather late, but perhaps. Yours is just the sixth article I seen
> posted to this group this year, and the eighth since the spew stopped
> back on the 20th of August last year.

Like everything else, newsgroups are generally not very active.
There as some exceptions of course. Ubuntu groups seem active still.

>> I myself carry the newsgroup on both my news server (from where I am
>> posting this now) as well as on my own BBS.

> Hopefully you've got controls on posting - there was yet another BBS
> operator posting through synchro.net and tds.net who absolutely shit
> all over the 'alt.linux' group late last month. My upstream was kind

Geez..

> enough to remove the 6466 articles posted in three days from their
> spool, and may (they haven't told me) simply filtered all posts from
> synchro.net and/or tds.net.

I don't think the problems you saw in this group, and in the alt.linux
group are related to say a particular user in a group.. I think it has to
do with a sysop who was carrying the area previously, and not wiping out
(deleting) say a particular news area - and then reinstalling his bbs setup
which then marked all the old articles as "new". Yep, pretty dumb.

Take care,
Janis

J.O. Aho

May 9, 2011, 3:54:52 PM5/9/11
Janis Kracht wrote:

>>> Looks like this issue has been resolved :)
>
>> Rather late, but perhaps. Yours is just the sixth article I seen
>> posted to this group this year, and the eighth since the spew stopped
>> back on the 20th of August last year.
>
> Like everything else, newsgroups are generally not very active.
> There as some exceptions of course. Ubuntu groups seem active still.

I always thought those only used the web forums.
It's sad this ng ain't more active, had been far nicer than the web forums
gentoo.org hosts.

--

//Aho

Aragorn

May 9, 2011, 4:29:22 PM5/9/11
On Monday 09 May 2011 21:54 in alt.os.linux.gentoo, somebody identifying
as J.O. Aho wrote...

> Janis Kracht wrote:
>
>>> Rather late, but perhaps. Yours is just the sixth article I seen
>>> posted to this group this year, and the eighth since the spew
>>> stopped back on the 20th of August last year.
>>
>> Like everything else, newsgroups are generally not very active.
>> There as some exceptions of course. Ubuntu groups seem active still.
>
> I always thought those only used the web forums.
> It's sad this ng ain't more active, had been far nicer than the web
> forums gentoo.org hosts.

Trust me, you don't want the average alt.os.linux.ubuntu denizen camping
around these parts. ;-) The main reason why that group is so active is
because it's full of absolutely clueless people with Microsoft Windows
habits. ;-)

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

Janis Kracht

May 10, 2011, 2:42:26 PM5/10/11
>>> Rather late, but perhaps. Yours is just the sixth article I seen
>>> posted to this group this year, and the eighth since the spew stopped
>>> back on the 20th of August last year.
>>
>> Like everything else, newsgroups are generally not very active.
>> There as some exceptions of course. Ubuntu groups seem active still.

> I always thought those only used the web forums.

alt.os.linux.ubuntu is a busy one.. that's not web-based.. though I think the
majority of traffic is on ubuntu web forums.

> It's sad this ng ain't more active, had been far nicer than the web forums
> gentoo.org hosts.

Understand that one..

Take care,
Janis

Janis Kracht

May 10, 2011, 2:42:29 PM5/10/11
>> I always thought those only used the web forums.
>> It's sad this ng ain't more active, had been far nicer than the web
>> forums gentoo.org hosts.

> Trust me, you don't want the average alt.os.linux.ubuntu denizen camping
> around these parts. ;-) The main reason why that group is so active is
> because it's full of absolutely clueless people with Microsoft Windows
> habits. ;-)

Lol.. grant you the cluelessness of some of them, but then there are some who
need a system that isn't bleeding edge.

Moe Trin

May 10, 2011, 11:37:57 PM5/10/11
On Mon, 09 May 2011, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.gentoo, in article
<iq9ir2$dgs$7...@dont-email.me>, Aragorn wrote:

>J.O. Aho wrote...

>>> Like everything else, newsgroups are generally not very active.

This is true - I used to see upwards of five hundred articles a day in
in ten-twelve groups I subscribed to - comp.os.linux.misc alone was
getting over a hundred. Now?

>>> There as some exceptions of course. Ubuntu groups seem active still.

>> I always thought those only used the web forums.

Some servers are carrying alt.os.linux.ubuntu that seems to have been
formed in November 2005. In early 2008, the trolls discovered it, and
it's gone down-hill since then. A minor advantage - googlegroups.com
doesn't seem to offer it, and thus there is no google-spam.

>> It's sad this ng ain't more active, had been far nicer than the web
>> forums gentoo.org hosts.

I've never seen web forums to be a useful alternative. This group used
to be helpful, but was seeing less and less activity each year. The
annual number of articles (2005 = 6014, 2006 = 2936, 2007 = 1514, 2008
= 791, 2009 = 304) was plummeting, and the spew last summer _probably_
drove off most of the remaining posters.

>Trust me, you don't want the average alt.os.linux.ubuntu denizen camping
>around these parts. ;-)

True

>The main reason why that group is so active is because it's full of
>absolutely clueless people with Microsoft Windows habits. ;-)

[maven ~]$ grep ^05.*ubuntu.*killed newslog
05/01/2011 07:03:00 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 110/110 (60 killed)
05/02/2011 07:03:02 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 77/77 (53 killed)
05/03/2011 07:03:05 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 54/54 (42 killed)
05/04/2011 07:03:15 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 54/54 (37 killed)
05/05/2011 07:03:13 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 98/98 (76 killed)
05/06/2011 07:03:15 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 86/86 (66 killed)
05/07/2011 07:03:13 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 66/66 (47 killed)
05/08/2011 07:03:07 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 85/85 (69 killed)
05/09/2011 07:02:55 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 61/61 (44 killed)
05/10/2011 07:03:13 alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 56/56 (41 killed)
[maven ~]$

That's hardly it's only problem.

Old guy

Aragorn

May 11, 2011, 7:54:58 AM5/11/11
On Wednesday 11 May 2011 05:37 in alt.os.linux.gentoo, somebody
identifying as Moe Trin wrote...

No, but it's the root of all its other problems. Clueless users
(alias "still Windows" users), and by consequence, Win-droid trolls,
and crossposts to and from comp.os.linux.advocacy, the mother of all
sewers. <evil grin>