Gnucash

Victoria Heisner

Jul 23, 2011, 2:04:56 PM7/23/11
Has anybody had any problems with gnucash since the last upgrade?
Something bad apparently upgraded in my latest uDn world, because now I'm
getting seg faults when I try to start gnucash.

I'm doing an -e system now. If that doesn't do anything, then I'll
downgrade gnucash. Might even go to Kmymoney..... I'm just waking up, and
in a bit of a panic, so not thinking straight...

PRose

Victoria Heisner

Jul 27, 2011, 6:42:31 PM7/27/11
Victoria Heisner wrote:

Not to reply to my own post, but I ended up downgrading Gnucash. The old
one still works perfectly.

PRose

Aragorn

Jul 28, 2011, 1:32:38 AM7/28/11
On Thursday 28 July 2011 00:42 in alt.os.linux.gentoo, Victoria Heisner
enlightened humanity with the following words...:

> Victoria Heisner wrote:
>
>> Has anybody had any problems with gnucash since the last upgrade?
>> Something bad apparently upgraded in my latest uDn world, because now
>> I'm getting seg faults when I try to start gnucash.
>>
>> I'm doing an -e system now. If that doesn't do anything, then I'll
>> downgrade gnucash. Might even go to Kmymoney..... I'm just waking up,
>> and in a bit of a panic, so not thinking straight...
>

> Not to reply to my own post, but I ended up downgrading Gnucash. The
> old one still works perfectly.

Just for the record, I don't have any experience with GnuCash (and I'm
not running Gentoo at this time) so I couldn't give you any advice, but
I would just like to throw in that the lack of replies to your post may
have everything to do with the fact that this newsgroup was essentially
destroyed by a broken BBS that kept on spamming the group with old
messages several times a day for over a year.

My guess is that most regulars have simply abandoned this group. I for
one am still monitoring it and I'm hoping that life will return to it
some day. I prefer Usenet communication over all those silly web-based
forums. This newsgroup used to be an excellent barometer on the status
of the Gentoo distribution, but without scouting various websites or
subscribing to mailing lists, there's just no telling today on how well
(or how badly) Gentoo is doing these days. Sure, some of the developers
have their own blogs on the Gentoo website, but that doesn't really tell
us much, does it?

I do remember your pseudonym "PRose" from way back when this group was
still florishing, and I know of at least one other person who monitors
this group, even if only for archiving purposes - I believe he keeps a
local news spool - so it's possible that only the three of us remain.

It's sad, really.

--
Aragorn
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

David W Noon

Jul 28, 2011, 9:40:43 AM7/28/11

J.O. Aho

Jul 28, 2011, 11:27:13 AM7/28/11
David W Noon wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:32:38 +0200, Aragorn wrote about Re: Gnucash:
>
> [snip]
>> My guess is that most regulars have simply abandoned this group. I
>> for one am still monitoring it and I'm hoping that life will return to
>> it some day.
>
> I also monitor this newsgroup. I couldn't help the o.p. because I
> don't run GnuCash, but I will follow up to messages where I can be of
> some little help.

I do lurk here too, neither do I run gnucash, so no way for me to help the OP.

Good to see that there are some more people around here than just me.

--

//Aho

Aragorn

Jul 28, 2011, 11:37:16 AM7/28/11
On Thursday 28 July 2011 17:27 in alt.os.linux.gentoo, J.O. Aho
enlightened humanity with the following words...:

> David W Noon wrote:

So there's five of us then. Okay, I guess we can start playing poker
now. :p

tatieus

Jul 30, 2011, 9:43:36 AM7/30/11
Dnia 27.07.2011 Victoria Heisner <phei...@shoreham.net> napisał/a:
> Victoria Heisner wrote:
>
>> Has anybody had any problems with gnucash since the last upgrade?

I've upgraded gnuCash today - to version 2.4.6 - and see no problem.

Arch: x86
USE: +cxx, +python; rest -

I have no GNOME, just dependencies for gnuCash.

> PRose

tatieus

rh

Aug 14, 2011, 2:24:30 AM8/14/11
Aragorn <str...@telenet.be.invalid> writes:

>It's sad, really.

The IRC channel #gentoo on Freenode and other nets are very busy. JM2C.

Terry

alnath

Aug 20, 2011, 4:10:11 AM8/20/11
to Aragorn
On 07/28/11 17:37, Aragorn wrote:

> So there's five of us then. Okay, I guess we can start playing poker
> now. :p

that could help with gnucash ;) (no need of it if no more money ;) )