How to change the keyboard map?

Aelius Gallus

Jan 26, 2024, 8:22:15 PMJan 26
I am used to change the keyboard map using the "setxkbmap xx" command.
But I get the following message in Debian 12, in response to this command,
"WARNING: Running setxkbmap against XWayland server"
Which is the proper way of doing it, without getting a warning?
Thanks in advance for any help.

nyy...@posteo.net

Jan 28, 2024, 6:21:40 AMJan 28
The online manual (man setxkbmap) says:

"Changing the keymap with setxkbmap is not supported by Xwayland. In
most instances, using setxkbmap on Xwayland is indicative of a bug in a
shell script and setxkbmap will print a warning. Use the Wayland
Compositor's native XKB configuration methods instead."

Aelius Gallus

Jan 29, 2024, 4:05:22 AMJan 29
Thank you for the reponse. Sounds too complicated for me. I will
continue using setxkbmap in spite of the warning.