What do you do with freeDOS?

sami

May 21, 2011, 10:57:59 AM5/21/11
Sorry, just a bit excited. I love freeDOS. What do you do with your
freeDOS? Do you use a GUI, like GEM, or Seal? Also, anyone know
anythiing about dosCORE?

David Kerber

May 23, 2011, 9:15:21 AM5/23/11
[This followup was posted to alt.os.free-dos and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article <7a550e07-4c27-45fa-9555-e419c02529f7
@k10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, la.sam...@gmail.com says...

> Sorry, just a bit excited. I love freeDOS. What do you do with your
> freeDOS? Do you use a GUI, like GEM, or Seal? Also, anyone know
> anythiing about dosCORE?

No gui for me; I do scripted testing and burnin of new machines.

Never heard of dosCORE.

sami

May 28, 2011, 11:35:58 PM5/28/11
On May 23, 9:15 am, David Kerber

<dker...@WarrenRogersAssociates.invalid> wrote:
> [This followup was posted to alt.os.free-dos and a copy was sent to the
> cited author.]
>
> In article <7a550e07-4c27-45fa-9555-e419c02529f7
> @k10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, la.samide...@gmail.com says...

> > Sorry, just a bit excited. I love freeDOS. What do you do with your
> > freeDOS? Do you use a GUI, like GEM, or Seal? Also, anyone know
> > anythiing about dosCORE?
>
> No gui for me; I do scripted testing and burnin of new machines.
>
> Never heard of dosCORE.

It is based on FreeDOS. doscore dot net (i think, I'll check the
domain). They created a new GUI for dos named Aura. It is actually
really nice. Would love to have it on freeDOS, but I doubt they will
let me have it LOL. I like GEM for GUI use, but prefer pure CLI the
majority of the time.

I use it for QBasic programming sometimes, but I also have been
writing new apps in c for my freeDOS install. I have the strange goal
of trying to bring legacy operating systems back into popular use.
Don't ask why. I'm just wierd maybe.

ZooT aLLures

Jun 20, 2020, 12:58:16 AM6/20/20
I use to to act as a CNC controller using TurboCNC for DOS.
As the commercial windows CNC controller programs are both expensive AND, they have a LOT more features than I need.

Kerr-Mudd,John

Jun 20, 2020, 5:54:46 AM6/20/20
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 04:58:15 GMT, ZooT aLLures <gack...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Welcome to Newsgroups! This is Usenet; we tend to look at the date of the
post, and mostly only reply to newer request.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.