FD12FULL.img - installation installs only base packages ... ?

Marten Feldtmann

Feb 12, 2017, 10:34:11 AM2/12/17
I just did an installation of FreeDOS 1.2 (using FD12FULL.img) via an USB stick and select to install all packages - but only the base packages (base, utils, archiver, ?? ) are installed ... how can I install the other packages (games, development) (directories can be seen on the USB stick).

Marten

Mateusz Viste

Feb 12, 2017, 12:58:16 PM2/12/17
Hi Marten,

I suppose the FD12 installer sets a working FDNPKG environment pointing
to the CD-ROM repositories. If that's indeed the case, then simply use
the FDNPKG package manager.

usage help: FDNPKG /h

Mateusz

bernhei...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2018, 9:13:52 AM8/21/18
Hi Martin,
How did you create your USB install drive to make it bootable? I'm attempting a Freedos install on a Lenovo Thinkpad using FD12FULL.

ZooT aLLures

Jun 20, 2020, 12:53:05 AM6/20/20
On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 8:13:52 AM UTC-5, bernhei...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> How did you create your USB install drive to make it bootable? I'm attempting a Freedos install on a Lenovo Thinkpad using FD12FULL.

Use winimager, and write the img file to the USB thumb drive.