Is it easy to install to a stik, for booting?

NoHtmlMailsPlease

Feb 26, 2012, 1:06:58 PM2/26/12
I've got an app which I used to run in dos-mode on my W98 notebook.

Now this Win7 net book gives <can't do DOS fullscreen> errors.

So could I install DOS on a stik, and boot from that [I already put
linux of a CF and boot/use that], and then hope that the hardware can
handle it.

The display hardware is ok for linux., except that I'd like to get a bigger
font
for a certain app that uses the frame-buffer.

== TIA

ZooT aLLures

Jun 20, 2020, 12:56:05 AM6/20/20
YES.......just download and unzip the image file, and then use winimager to write the file to your USB thumbdrive.
That's how I HAD to do it, because the cdrom puked when trying to install freedos to a thin client with a 128Meg flash drive.