zBoy v0.70

Mateusz Viste

Jan 22, 2019, 6:30:46 PM1/22/19
Hello,

This may be of interest to some of you: today, after a longish (4 years)
period of time, I published a new version of my GameBoy Classic emulator:
zBoy v0.70.

zBoy is a multi-platform emulator. It is compiled, among other, for DOS
(through DJGPP). The only limitation of the DOS version is that it does
not come with LAN support. Changelog follows.

zBoy v0.70 [22 Jan 2019]
- Sound support (can be disabled with --nosound),
- Added ZIP support (zBoy detects ZIP archives, tries to load the first
file inside),
- Adapted code so it compiles fine with -Werror=format-security (thanks
to Andrea Musuruane for suggesting that),
- Implemented hi-scores retention for Crystal Quest, Flipul,
SolarStriker, Tail Gator and Quarth,
- Added colorization support for Crystal Quest, Bomb Jack, Sensible
Soccer and Prince of Persia,
- Fixed joystick support,
- Fixed the '--noshowfps' command-line parameter,
- Fixed window computation when WINY is less than 7 (fixed scrolling
text on intros in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Swamp Thing),
- Added emulation of incomplete ROM address decoding (fixed several
games: WordZap, Blaster Master, Pac-Man special color edition, Turok,
Quarth, Zen Intergalactic Ninja),
- Complete redesign of the Netplay support, compatibility is
significantly higher now: works with Tetris Attack, Tetris Blast, F-1
Race and many others (not present on the DOS version),
- Netplay link peering autodetection on LAN ('--netplay auto' or F12
during gameplay) (not present on the DOS version).

Homepage: http://zboy.sourceforge.net

Mateusz