UCX64 vs UCX64L

Paul Edwards

Jan 28, 2024, 8:41:23 PMJan 28
I have released a UCX64L in the UCARM section
(as opposed to UCX64 section) of http://pdos.org

This contains a 103k bios.exe which is a Linux
ELF executable that allows certain (basically
64-bit msvcrt.dll-dependent) Win64 programs to
run.

As opposed to downloading gigabytes of Wine to
end up with something broken and no-one cares
and it is too time-consuming to understand or
maintain yourself.

Originally I thought the different function
calling conventions (rcx vs rdi etc) would
mean that my simple pseudo-bios would not be
possible for 64-bit, even though it had
already been demonstrated for 32-bit.

Turns out it was possible after all. You only
need to deal with that issue at syscall time.
Plus you need control of a C library to allow
the mixing of Linux and Win64.

BFN. Paul.