compression

Paul Edwards

Jan 7, 2024, 7:09:42 AMJan 7
It looks like comp.compression is now all-spam.

I found this code:

https://ncedc.org/qug/software/dos_utilities/comp430s.zip

which is public domain C code that is
capable of doing Unix "compress" to
decompress UUCP news bundles.

I wondered if info-unzip was capable of
decompressing this format.

There is an "unshrink.c" which sounds like
it might, but it has apparently been modified.

I'm happy to dumb down the comp430s code so
that it fits within info-unzip capabilities.

Any idea what the situation is?

And obviously I have some work to do to
integrate that code into a zip.c program
(I have already written such a thing with
zero compression).

If there is an alternative suggestion I am
open to that. But the alternative needs to
also be C90-compliant public domain code.

Thanks. Paul.

Paul Edwards

Jan 7, 2024, 7:19:31 AMJan 7
Please ignore.