posix for windows 2000

Paul Edwards

Feb 2, 2024, 3:19:45 AMFeb 2
I recently found out about this:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/pe-format#windows-subsystem

IMAGE_SUBSYSTEM_POSIX_CUI
7
The Posix character subsystem

And I see there is also:

IMAGE_SUBSYSTEM_OS2_CUI
5
The OS/2 character subsystem

So yes - I already know that the POSIX support
is crap and meant for marketing purposes - but
it's probably good enough for me anyway.

I do most of my development under Windows 2000.

And I don't need Microsoft's libraries - I can
provide my own with PDPCLIB (most of it likely
already exists).

What I need to know is - how did a call to
open() or whatever get resolved? Did it do the
same as Linux, ie INT 80H?

Whatever the interrupt or DLL reference - is
this documented anywhere?

And with regard to the OS/2 one - I know that
Windows 2000 can run OS/2 1.x console mode
applications - but those are NE, not PE. This
documentation is for PE. Does an OS/2 2.x
subsystem exist in Windows 2000?

Thanks. Paul.