Roberts Rules about elections

Robert@larry-is-a-sap.edu Hanky Robert

Oct 30, 2016, 2:27:40 AM10/30/16
Our 501c3 organization held an online election and then announced the winners without any listing the number of votes. I asked for the number of votes each one got, and they sent me the percentage breakdown in each race. I then specifically asked again for the actual number of votes each one got, and they said they don't give out that kind of info.

I found this in Roberts Rules of Order. Anyone know if this would apply to on online election?

http://www.rulesonline.com/rror-08.htm#46

Roberts Rules, Article VIII. 46. Voting

"The names of the candidates should be arranged in order, the one receiving the highest number of legal votes being first. In reporting the number of votes cast and the number necessary for election, all votes except blanks must be counted. Suppose the tellers find 100 ballot papers, 4 of which are blank. 1 contains two filled-out ones folded together, and 50 are cast for a person who is ineligible because of having held the office as long as permitted by the constitution: the tellers' report should be in this form:

"Number of votes cast...................... 96
Necessary for election.................... 49

"Illegal Votes.

"Mr. C (ineligible) received............... 50
One ballot containing two for Mr. D, folded together, rejected as fraudulent........ 1

"The teller first named, standing, addresses the chair, reads the report and hands it to the chairman, and takes his seat, without saying who is elected. The chairman again reads the report of the tellers and declares who is elected."