Spectrum has a monopoly in NYC

Anthony

Oct 20, 2021, 7:34:25 PM10/20/21
I live in an area where Spectrum is the sole supplier of the internet. I have no choice at all. I had for me a nice price for 200 Mb's on what they called a promotion for one year. Now near the end of my subscription they raised it to 20 dollar increase for the following year. I am a senior and can ill afford these increases. In fact the reason i got the nice offer was after i had cut the wire from cable tv...so they actually told me that my internet cost would increase...take it from one phase and add it to another. I told them i do not need 200 mb or even 100 mb speed...they said they won't go lower, when i see other companies are doing so. They do not even have a senior discount as some others do, but i cannot get to those, because of Spectrum's monopoly in my area. Recently, I heard that Fios has been able to infiltrate my area. I live on a city block...with the usual 2 sides of homes. Wouldn't you know, that Fios is available on the opposite of mine. I called them and they said that they had to get enough demand for them to do my side also.