First time back in a long time

1 view

Bernie in CT

Mar 18, 2010, 4:03:58 PM3/18/10
Today is the first top I have gotten in my Thunderbird application where I have
this news server and this newsgroup (among a few others) since many months ago
last year after the prodigy server and sbcglobal newsgroups went away.

I see many of the good old posters here. Can anyone recommend other newsgroups
to subscribe to that may be good replacements for the sbcglobal newsgroups that
I used to follow? Thanks.

Bernie in CT

Bernie in CT

Mar 18, 2010, 4:12:43 PM3/18/10
Today is the first time I have gotten into my Thunderbird application where I

Cal Tinson

Mar 18, 2010, 4:23:21 PM3/18/10

Hi, Bernie - I'll answer both your posts here.

As you've seen, a number of the old sbcglobal regulars watch and reply
here. Some have suggested alt.att as well, but my personal opinion is
that it has "no redeeming social value" <vbg>!

Also, check out http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,snet as you live in
CT. It doesn't get a lot of activity, but there are some especially
knowledgeable folk there (including NormanM, even though he lives on the
west coast).
CTinFL

NormanM

Mar 19, 2010, 2:03:32 PM3/19/10

I have this group subscribed, but I don't usually see much activity here.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

tlvp

Mar 20, 2010, 12:16:33 AM3/20/10

Well, Bernie, there's alt.online-service.att-worldnet, for one, a couple of
at&t-related alt.cellular groups (a.c.cingular, a.c.attws), and I feel I should
also put in a compensatory good word for alt.att -- noise:signal ratio is higher
than you might like, but signal is never overlooked or not responded to: lots of
useful at&t "migration"-woes comments, remarks, and advice threads.

Cheers, -- tlvp
--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

Bernie in CT

Apr 3, 2010, 11:06:44 PM4/3/10
I've tried dslreports before and again just now. I don't seem to like its format.

BTW, has anyone got AT&T U-Verse? I have their "triple-play" (they don't call
it that): phone, DSL, and TV since mid-January. I think I like it, esp. the DVR.

BL in CT

tlvp

Apr 4, 2010, 12:20:39 AM4/4/10
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 00:06:44 -0300, Bernie in CT <bernielg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW, has anyone got AT&T U-Verse? I have their "triple-play" (they don't call
> it that): phone, DSL, and TV since mid-January. I think I like it, esp. the DVR.
>
> BL in CT

No U-Verse here: just local loop copper, as originally laid by SNET, and
basic DSL, as originally provisioned by SBC/Yahoo! DSL (now AT&T/Yahoo! HSI).

TV is courtesy of the cable company.

NormanM

Apr 5, 2010, 1:35:37 PM4/5/10

There is some activity in the 'alt.online-service.att.worldnet' group,
though probably not from old school SNET users. One of Prodigy's sisters was
Pacific Bell; but I don't see a lot going on in the
'alt.online-service.pacbell' group.