email servers +spam

fabr...@prodigy.net

Mar 4, 2010, 6:02:19 PM3/4/10
For quite sometime with Outlook express I have been using for
incoming:fpostoffice.isp.att.net and for outgoing: fmailhost.isp.att.net,
and everything was good. Last week level 2 tech support told me to change
to: pop.att.yahoo.com for incoming and to: smtp.att.yahoo.com for outgoing,
ok no problem there. The only thing I noticed was the enormeous increase of
spam delivered to the inbox. So I changed everything f back to the previous
servers, and the spam disappeared.

Patrick Phillips

Mar 5, 2010, 12:58:06 AM3/5/10

Try going to mail.yahoo.com and login with your user...@prodigy.net and
password and select from upper right in your mailbox the "Options" to setup
spam filtering or make sure spam filtering is turned on and spam is
being sent to the spam folder, you should check back here to make sure
good mail is not getting sent into spam folder, or/and add spam to
blocked senders list.

--
Patrick in IL.

tlvp

Mar 7, 2010, 1:40:13 AM3/7/10

Fabrizio, Patrick, may I ask:
your migration was
from AT&T WorldNet dial-up
to AT&T Yahoo HSI (DSL)?
(that's what I'll need to be doing)
... or something different as from/to?

TIA! Cheers, -- tlvp
--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

Patrick Phillips

Mar 7, 2010, 7:39:09 AM3/7/10
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 01:40:13 -0500
tlvp <tPlOvUpB...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Fabrizio, Patrick, may I ask:
> your migration was
> from AT&T WorldNet dial-up
> to AT&T Yahoo HSI (DSL)?
> (that's what I'll need to be doing)
> ... or something different as from/to?

Its very confusing :-)

We both were original Prodigy Internet customers, which was bought by SBC
so I migrated to SBC [Fabrizio did not elect to migrate but was acquired in a
round about way by SBC but did not use the SBC/Yahoo homepage or content
because he chose not to migrate], then SBC bought AT&T and we are both now
owned by AT&T that still uses SBC/Yahoo renamed to AT&T/Yahoo homepage and
content for me [but Fabrizio never migrated so has no SBC/AT&T/Yahoo homepage
or content to use but everything else is the same]
The only difference between him and me is we have different homepage and
content and the mail servers are same and same location but use different
names and domains for access.

Neither of us two ever had Worldnet accounts.
--
Patrick in IL.

NormanM

Mar 7, 2010, 12:01:58 PM3/7/10

Worldnet was only an AT&T offering. And AT&T was not connected with any ILEC
since 1984, until it was bought by ILEC SBC at the end of 2005.

Any talk of SBC migration refers to the migration to a co-branded
"SBC/Yahoo!" service. I know of that migration as it relates to DSL service.
But many Prodigy customers were outside of the SBC ILEC footprint, and thus
dialup users. I believe they had a migration path to, "at&t Yahoo! Dial"
Internet service. But they never used the same POP3 and SMTP servers as AT&T
Worldnet Dial service used.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

tlvp

Mar 7, 2010, 10:34:56 PM3/7/10

Thanks, Patrick, NormanM: I guess there's little I can infer, then,
from your experiences, as to what my own migration will look like.

Patrick Phillips

Mar 8, 2010, 6:39:31 AM3/8/10
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 22:34:56 -0500
tlvp <tPlOvUpB...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Patrick, NormanM: I guess there's little I can infer, then,
> from your experiences, as to what my own migration will look like.

If your DSL there probably will be none unless they give you different email
servers to use.
--
Patrick in IL.